Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any updates?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sm_bailey77
what body is that happy meal?
Its the body for the TT. The wing is a losi 10th scale lexan. I would not recommend the wing. I am told that the 1/12th scale wing from Ofna works better. Another wing that I was considering was the wing for the Losi 10 (losb8154).
Old 03-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
Any updates?
I have run it at two local tracks so far with center diff and stock electronics. It is fast enough for both tracks, but I want a little more bottom end torque and more steering. because of this, I replaced the Esc with an Lrp SPX and a Novak 10.5. With the same gearing that I was running as before, I was a little dissapointed, so i increased the pinion by one tooth. I was pretty satisfied whith it in this configuration, But I think that the ideal for me would be a 6.5, 5.5, or 4.5 550 brushless, instead of a brushless 540.
The other problem that I have is that It does not have as much steering as I would like. Because of this, I changed the steering servo to one with much faster transit time. It didnt solve the problem. I mentioned it to a co-worker and he told me that I should swap the steering belcrank spring with a stronger one. He says that it is either an emaxx or revo steering belcrank spring. When I find out which one to ise, I will let you know.

Other than the steering, the car runs perfect. I would even say that it is probably great for most people (same thing with the Esc and Motor).

I am going to run this Saturday at Mikes Hobby shop and I will try to make it to Indy R/C on Friday Night.

I will keep you all posted. If I can get someone to video some hot laps, ill post it up here.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What cell lipo are you running? I have a mamba pro SCT combo that I'm going to put on the stampede. I currently have it in my Losi SCTE but I just purchased a Tekin RX8 and SC4X which I will be putting in the SCTE.

Also, what rims and tires are you running again?

As for a steering servo, definitely get one with higher torque. I'll be using a JR8800T but might purchase the same servo that I have on my SCTE which is an airtronics 94780. Let us know what mods you'll do for the steering

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
I have run it at two local tracks so far with center diff and stock electronics. It is fast enough for both tracks, but I want a little more bottom end torque and more steering. because of this, I replaced the Esc with an Lrp SPX and a Novak 10.5. With the same gearing that I was running as before, I was a little dissapointed, so i increased the pinion by one tooth. I was pretty satisfied whith it in this configuration, But I think that the ideal for me would be a 6.5, 5.5, or 4.5 550 brushless, instead of a brushless 540.
The other problem that I have is that It does not have as much steering as I would like. Because of this, I changed the steering servo to one with much faster transit time. It didnt solve the problem. I mentioned it to a co-worker and he told me that I should swap the steering belcrank spring with a stronger one. He says that it is either an emaxx or revo steering belcrank spring. When I find out which one to ise, I will let you know.

Other than the steering, the car runs perfect. I would even say that it is probably great for most people (same thing with the Esc and Motor).

I am going to run this Saturday at Mikes Hobby shop and I will try to make it to Indy R/C on Friday Night.

I will keep you all posted. If I can get someone to video some hot laps, ill post it up here.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
What cell lipo are you running? I have a mamba pro SCT combo that I'm going to put on the stampede. I currently have it in my Losi SCTE but I just purchased a Tekin RX8 and SC4X which I will be putting in the SCTE.

Also, what rims and tires are you running again?

As for a steering servo, definitely get one with higher torque. I'll be using a JR8800T but might purchase the same servo that I have on my SCTE which is an airtronics 94780. Let us know what mods you'll do for the steering
I have found that the servo is not the issue. It is actually the servo saver spring. It needs to be stronger. I have a KO Propo high speed servo with about 140 oz of torque and it is fine. I changed the servo spring out and that did the trick. Now I have too much steering, which I like because I can just dial some out on my transmitter.
as far as power, honestly, the mamba max pro with the stock velineon brushless motor is awesome. It is plenty fast. You can run the stock esc, too, but it has no bottom end, so I personally do not like that. But the mamba max pro solves that.

As far as tires, I started with calibers(m3), but since then, I have run AKA's, other pro-lies, jconcepts, and they all run well.
The truck basically behaves like a lighter, shorter wheelbase, 4wd shortcourse, so, most tires work o the tracks locally.

I also changed the wing to the ofna 1/12th scale wing that I mentioned.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

I am running thunder power 65c packs, and also some cheapo-chinese-turnigy style packs. I need some new packs, though. I have been using these alot and they all have puffed a little.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

You should bring it up to the Sherman area and try it out on a nice dry track lol. They just redid their track last weekend. Racing starts at 1pm on Saturday. Texoma Hobby Shop. We have anywhere from 4-8 tt's running out there. You can see the pictures of the Track on their facebook page.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Keep'N It Cool
You should bring it up to the Sherman area and try it out on a nice dry track lol. They just redid their track last weekend. Racing starts at 1pm on Saturday. Texoma Hobby Shop. We have anywhere from 4-8 tt's running out there. You can see the pictures of the Track on their facebook page.
I have been hearing about the track and I am told that alot of TT's go there. I am going to try to go next weekend. i am going to a race in arkansas this weekend.....how far is it from Mikes Hobby shop?
Old 04-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

on another note....i am noticing that most TT's are running like 8.5 turn motors and lower...i am only running a 10.5 and I am at least 2-3 mph slower in the straights..I have an LRP esc in the truck now..what motors do you all recommend
Old 04-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

on another note....i am noticing that most TT's are running like 8.5 turn motors and lower...i am only running a 10.5 and I am at least 2-3 mph slower in the straights..I have an LRP esc in the truck now..what motors do you all recommend
a 1410 would work very well. if you want to stay sensored, maybe a 4.5 or 5.5 novak or tekin 550.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

i put a sc4x 5.5 paired with a mmp in my tt and it screams! and for the durability issues u hear about the tt. jus boil all the plastic for 30 min and they will definatley take a beating oh and did i mention I LOVE THE TT!!haha
Old 04-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Try a Tenshock Sc401 and you will have all the low end grunt and speed your truggy will need
Old 05-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

I am going to Diggers Dungeon this weekend, but I think I will be going to Texoma next weekend. I need to run my slash 2wd, too...I am going to try my best not to get my but handed to me at the next SC showdown in WI.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

I am going to Diggers Dungeon this weekend, but I think I will be going to Texoma next weekend. I need to run my slash 2wd, too...I am going to try my best not to get my but handed to me at the next SC showdown in WI.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ordered up the parts and have everything on the way. Any progress as far as a setup?

I have the slash center diff as well as sway bars coming too, but any good starting point you could give me for oil in the diff and shocks would be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.