Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about the Mamba Max Pro SCT

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
I tested out my SCTE with the MMP SCT combo again last night. The car definitely seemed a lot faster after I changed out my receiver and radio setup. Hard to believe, I know. I was using my old KO Propo EX-10 Helios with the old Spektrum module and receiver. The first thing I noticed was that I couldn't get full lock when turning left. I tried maxing the settings for steering and couldn't get it to work. I also noticed even with maxing out the throttle settings, the truck didn't feel "fast." So I swapped out the radio/receiver combo for the Flysky GT3B that I purchased a few weeks ago that I use on my "cheaper" RC's ad sure enough, now I get full lock on each steering side AND it seems I'm getting the full throttle because the car seems A LOT faster.

I'm still deciding whether to invest in an M11X, which I've always wanted, or wait for the next iteration of the M11X which I would assume will come with telemetry. Or, go with the Futaba 4PKS...decisions decisions...
Why not buy the module for EX-10 and use the KO TX?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim3
Why not buy the module for EX-10 and use the KO TX?
I considered that but I've always wanted to make the switch to Airtronics. I've always liked the M8 and wanted one for years. Now with the M11X being the latest and greatest, I'll most likely get that radio.

Still deciding though. RCX is coming up