SC10 - Gearing / Motor Question >

SC10 - Gearing / Motor Question

SC10 - Gearing / Motor Question

Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SC10 - Gearing / Motor Question

Hey Guys,

This is a few questions so I'll try to break them down as best as I can. I have a Factory Team SC10 that I just built. The setup that I currently have as of now is Red Shocks in Front & Grey on Rear. Im using a Losi Shock Oil of Weight 40 in the Front & 35 in the Rear. My camber for the car all the way around is Negitive 1. Im using Sub-Cultures Tires all the way around and currently have a 13.5 Tekin Motor & RS ESC. My spur is 84 & Pinion is 23. My current profile for the motor is 2. That is the one with the 15 Degrees of Boost. My questions are the following:

1) Do I currently have the best gearing for this?
2) Should I change anything on this?

I currently race as Basher's RC Raceway & I won the A Main on Friday. I ran 22 Laps in 6:04. Im currently in Novice & want to move to the Open class but they run in the 14 Seconds. I'm currently running around 15.1 - 15.7 Depending on Traffic on the track. Any suggestions would be GREAT. I have NOT temped the motor since I changed everything but I believe its running around 130 - 140 cause I thought it felt hot & I temped it once and that is what it was. Thanks guys for reading & Helping out.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default You are close

Honeslty,

You are close on your setup and it would be hard to give you much help other than what does the truck need? Does it push, is it loose, Do you have enough speed.... If the motor is running around 130 - 140ish then you could gear up a tooth or two, but this would be only if you need more speed...
Old 03-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, I put a rear sway bar kit on the rear cause I kept doing traction rolls. I like it go faster with or w/o boost. I had 45 Boost on it & it was uncontrollable. My biggest issue is Traction rolls & I need it go a bit faster.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default o:

As the above post mentioned you could gear up.

Is the front or rear (or both) traction rolling? (you can usually tell by wear on tire)

Traction roll can be reduced by:

laying down the shocks in front (outer holes on a arms; inner holes on shock tower)
Stiffening the tires
increasing camber by 1 degree
Softer springs in rear
Tire modification; superglue the sidewalls and shave the first 1/4inch of the outside tread with a dremel. Then superglue the shaved area to harden. (This should change traction roll into pushing)

As always; make 1 change at a time and record laptimes.