Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The OFNA Hyper 10sc 4x4 >

The OFNA Hyper 10sc 4x4

The OFNA Hyper 10sc 4x4

Old 03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default The OFNA Hyper 10sc 4x4

is The OFNA Hyper 10sc 4x4 good for the track?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

no
sorry im just messin with ya but b4 you ask a random question look for a thread and read about it there are about a thousand comment answering ur question
Old 03-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Uh, ya! They are fast!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
Uh, ya! They are fast!
They are a different syle to drive but it works really well on the track! Parts have to ordered, I like nitrohouse.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yep... They're great trucks.

One of the best RC purchases I have ever made.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Mamba max pro esc to motor wire problem

Greetings,

Can any fellow hyper 10sc owner help me with this issue I have now with my mm pro? I just recently installed a speed passion 3.5t motor 5780kv 550 motor, which replaced my broken 5700kv cc motor, I direct soldered the esc wires to the motor, tested it and the motor wire is running up to 140 f, I accessed the cc software esc program and disabled the cheat mode cause I am running a sensored motor now. After reprogramming the esc, run again with speed run in 6 mins and still it was like 130 f, esc 125, and motor 140, 12t pinion.

I didn't have any heating wire condition on my 540 cc 5700 kv motor, I dunno if I should use bullet connectors rather direct soldering the wires? Can anyone please help me with this issue, thanks.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimct515 View Post
Greetings,

Can any fellow hyper 10sc owner help me with this issue I have now with my mm pro? I just recently installed a speed passion 3.5t motor 5780kv 550 motor, which replaced my broken 5700kv cc motor, I direct soldered the esc wires to the motor, tested it and the motor wire is running up to 140 f, I accessed the cc software esc program and disabled the cheat mode cause I am running a sensored motor now. After reprogramming the esc, run again with speed run in 6 mins and still it was like 130 f, esc 125, and motor 140, 12t pinion.

I didn't have any heating wire condition on my 540 cc 5700 kv motor, I dunno if I should use bullet connectors rather direct soldering the wires? Can anyone please help me with this issue, thanks.
Direct soldering is best and those temps you posted are fine , the reason the wires are hotter is your new motor is probably pulling a lot more amperage than the 540 can did , more power = more heat . The wires could probably safely take 250 degrees or more before the outside would begin too melt .

Oh and too the OP the Hyper 10SC is awesome on the track and is the second best 4x4 SCT on the market right now IMO .
Old 03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thanks a lot, bashem.

What is OP? Sorry still a newbie in sc 4wd. What is the best SC unit now? Losi? I'm still happy with my hyper 10sc. :-)

I will try my new motor later on the track and give you feedback on the current temps that I will attain.

I was thinking of removing the sensor cable to enable the motor timing setup in the software and decrease it to lowest or 0 timing. It is disabled when my sensor cable is attached. What do you think?

Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Direct soldering is best and those temps you posted are fine , the reason the wires are hotter is your new motor is probably pulling a lot more amperage than the 540 can did , more power = more heat . The wires could probably safely take 250 degrees or more before the outside would begin too melt .

Oh and too the OP the Hyper 10SC is awesome on the track and is the second best 4x4 SCT on the market right now IMO .
Second best? What's the best then? The AE isn't out yet so you can't compare it to that. The Losi? Anything the Losi can do, the Hyper can do also. I've already seen one of the Kungs from Ofna smoke down Truhe in the Losi not too long ago.

The Hyper 10SC is a great truck. It will run just as good if not better than the Losi or any truck out their. It's all driver. If you can drive decently then it will be a great truck. Heck, I'm not the best driver and the Hyper actually makes me look sort of fast! lol.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
Second best? What's the best then? The AE isn't out yet so you can't compare it to that. The Losi? Anything the Losi can do, the Hyper can do also. I've already seen one of the Kungs from Ofna smoke down Truhe in the Losi not too long ago.

The Hyper 10SC is a great truck. It will run just as good if not better than the Losi or any truck out their. It's all driver. If you can drive decently then it will be a great truck. Heck, I'm not the best driver and the Hyper actually makes me look sort of fast! lol.

+1.. It seems amazing to me how many people form opinions on these trucks through emotion, and really attach themselves to it. For 95% of us, its gonna come down to who can drive the best.

"Well i drove this one better than I drove that one"... Good - keep driving it, but dont call it "best"... Er....actually call it whatever you want

But it would take away a lot of this sites bandwidth and fun if we found out that driver skill mattered way more than truck X or Y being better than the next one.