Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Slash VXL 2WD Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Slash VXL 2WD Issues

My steering had intermitant issues sometimes it wouldnt turn. You could here it clicking but the wheels would turn. So I went to my local hobby shop and the guy said the gears stripped so i bougt a kit and replaced all the gears in the steering servo. Now when I hook it up, it doesnt work and the servo gets really hot. Any suggetions on what I did wrong or do I need a new servo?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmfreak04
My steering had intermitant issues sometimes it wouldnt turn. You could here it clicking but the wheels would turn. So I went to my local hobby shop and the guy said the gears stripped so i bougt a kit and replaced all the gears in the steering servo. Now when I hook it up, it doesnt work and the servo gets really hot. Any suggetions on what I did wrong or do I need a new servo?
either there is a bent shaft in the servo and even tho there are new gears its still stalled (why it gets hot) or there is something freezing the motor in the servo. see if someone will let you plug in a different servo in its place and see if it works correctly. if it does, then you know its the servo causing the problem. if the new servo has issues, then you have a bigger problem on your hands, but i dont think you do.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by gmfreak04
If you just got your Slash which since these just came out is likely just call Traxxas and tell them what is going on. I had my Slash for 3 months and had an issue and they just sent me a new servo without having to send the old one in. I know some people have had issues with the customer service but they have always been top notch for me.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

+1 on traxxas service, very good indeed!