Traxxas mini summit what a POS! >

Traxxas mini summit what a POS!

Traxxas mini summit what a POS!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sackamous View Post
Why? Cause I don't think it's ok for main stream companies to sell crap and expect us to just deal with it?
That's your opinion, you expect race ready quality cars for entry level prices, you obviously haven't researched any of this, if you want to whine about something at least know what your talking about, traxxas is a great product for for the price for allot of people, if you think it's a pos then don't buy it, if you didn't research what you were buying before you bought it that's your problem, there's quite a few threads about the traxxas cars and trucks through out rctech that have all the ins and outs about them, it's not that hard to figure out, you think 320.00 is going to get you a bullet proof car, esc, radio, motor, servo, that's laughable, ENTRY LEVEL, not pos, like the old saying go's speed cost money how fast do you wanna go?.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrplease View Post
my wife got me a new emaxx last may for my birthday. and this was my first non racing rc i've ever had. and after 25-30 packs with it half being run by me and half being run by my 8 year old son, the only thing we've broke was a front skid plate when we hit a big curb in the snow. nothing has been modified on it which is also a first for me. i think its pretty much the most solid vehicle i've owned. for what it is, "a basher", its been awsome. that does suck to hear this as my son is wanting a mini summit for his bday as he loves how i can drive my emaxx in the snow and he want to do the same with the summit...
There's nothing wrong with the mini summit, you can find more info on these on the micro thread, there's lots of people that like these, you just have to remember it's an 1/18 scale, so if you over power it your going to start breaking parts if you don't upgrade them or like allot of people do is upgrade as you break them, but they are allot of fun.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr View Post
There's nothing wrong with the mini summit, you can find more info on these on the micro thread, there's lots of people that like these, you just have to remember it's an 1/18 scale, so if you over power it your going to start breaking parts if you don't upgrade them or like allot of people do is upgrade as you break them, but they are allot of fun.
Agreed, I bash the hell out of mine and its just fine. I've jumped off roofs, dirt jumps, speed runs on the street, everything and still have only broken one arm.
Traxxas has brought a lot of people into this hobby, im not sure why people hate on them so much.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merx9 View Post
Agreed, I bash the hell out of mine and its just fine. I've jumped off roofs, dirt jumps, speed runs on the street, everything and still have only broken one arm.
Traxxas has brought a lot of people into this hobby, im not sure why people hate on them so much.
People hate on them because people always hate on people or companies "at the top"... no matter if its the top seller at your job, the biggest company in a particular market segment (think Microsoft), etc.

I have owned over 10 Traxxas vehicles. I would agree some are better than others, but all in all they are not bad by any means. I mean people that want to bash on their durability, get real..... think of how they market them. Traxxas markets them and people talk about them in a way that makes you believe you can smash into a wall at full speed and it will be fine... which just isnt the case. People want to come on and bash the durability of them... please. If we did the unthinkable things people do to these things with any of the "higher quality" vehicle brands, they would snap in half long before. These things are not indestructable... its simple physics.

As for their trucks in general I have had mainly positive experiences. Im not a brand lover or anything as I own all kinds of different brands.... but my Slash and Slash 4x4 always bring a smile to my face becuase I dont really have to worry about things breaking.

As for the ESC's... read the labels. They work pretty good within their designated operating voltage range. Yes the 1/10 VXL ESC has problems with faulse lipo cutoff etc... but the motors are top notch. I have Titans that have lasted 12 months+ of consistent use. I have a VXL motor that got to 240 last summer and has been runnig FINE ever since. Im not saying Traxxas is the best, but given how people treat them they should be happy they still work at the end of the day!

As for Traxxas as a company they are doing more than AE, Losi, HB, HPI, Ofna, etc combined right now with NATIONAL advertising. You see any other brand with any major presence at anything other than "big RC races"? No. You want your hobby shop still there in 5 years? Well it requires NEW clients buying NEW vehicles and fixing existing & new vehicles. You want your track there in 2 years? Well every week I go to a practice session I see new children or adults there with new Traxxas vehicles with SMILES on their faces. IDK about you but id love to have my track there in 5 years and I would rather have people having fun with smiles at my local track than some of the Serious Sam "regulars" that think these toy cars are Formula 1.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150 View Post
People hate on them because people always hate on people or companies "at the top"... no matter if its the top seller at your job, the biggest company in a particular market segment (think Microsoft), etc.

I have owned over 10 Traxxas vehicles. I would agree some are better than others, but all in all they are not bad by any means. I mean people that want to bash on their durability, get real..... think of how they market them. Traxxas markets them and people talk about them in a way that makes you believe you can smash into a wall at full speed and it will be fine... which just isnt the case. People want to come on and bash the durability of them... please. If we did the unthinkable things people do to these things with any of the "higher quality" vehicle brands, they would snap in half long before. These things are not indestructable... its simple physics.

As for their trucks in general I have had mainly positive experiences. Im not a brand lover or anything as I own all kinds of different brands.... but my Slash and Slash 4x4 always bring a smile to my face becuase I dont really have to worry about things breaking.

As for the ESC's... read the labels. They work pretty good within their designated operating voltage range. Yes the 1/10 VXL ESC has problems with faulse lipo cutoff etc... but the motors are top notch. I have Titans that have lasted 12 months+ of consistent use. I have a VXL motor that got to 240 last summer and has been runnig FINE ever since. Im not saying Traxxas is the best, but given how people treat them they should be happy they still work at the end of the day!

As for Traxxas as a company they are doing more than AE, Losi, HB, HPI, Ofna, etc combined right now with NATIONAL advertising. You see any other brand with any major presence at anything other than "big RC races"? No. You want your hobby shop still there in 5 years? Well it requires NEW clients buying NEW vehicles and fixing existing & new vehicles. You want your track there in 2 years? Well every week I go to a practice session I see new children or adults there with new Traxxas vehicles with SMILES on their faces. IDK about you but id love to have my track there in 5 years and I would rather have people having fun with smiles at my local track than some of the Serious Sam "regulars" that think these toy cars are Formula 1.
Your right, traxxas junk does bring in new people to the hobby, but the other companies like AE/TEAM LOSI/HB/HPI/OFNA etc etc, KEEP them in the hobby.

If the only R/C options we had to choose from was from traxxas...id take up knitting sweaters.

Traxxas USED to be good, everything they have now is cheesy junk, that 75% of the time, has some sort of electrical issue.

its a shame that every "NEW" car they come out with, is simply an existing vehicle, with different bumpers/colored plastic/ and a different body, have you guys seen the new mustang they are putting on the fiesta/mini revo/minislash/ whatever else junk{dunno what its called} it looks retarded!!

"losi" is no different, they have been spewing off JUNK the last few years,not sure what the losi/team losi split up is about?

but the TEAM losi stuff seems nice
Old 03-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

That's your opinion, you expect race ready quality cars for entry level prices, you obviously haven't researched any of this, if you want to whine about something at least know what your talking about, traxxas is a great product for for the price for allot of people, if you think it's a pos then don't buy it, if you didn't research what you were buying before you bought it that's your problem, there's quite a few threads about the traxxas cars and trucks through out rctech that have all the ins and outs about them, it's not that hard to figure out, you think 320.00 is going to get you a bullet proof car, esc, radio, motor, servo, that's laughable, ENTRY LEVEL, not pos, like the old saying go's speed cost money how fast do you wanna go?.

I don't think it is a race quality vehicle, I did not expect it to be bullet proof. As I said I have owned many traxxas vechiles in the past and don't have one single complant on any other one. I even still run the 3.3 jato fairly regulary. I guess I was wrong to expect this one to be like the rest of my traxxas products and be problem free until I do something to break it. I understand the cv shafts hey shit happens I expect stuff like this with an rc. The first esc yea ok maybe it was a bad one. But come on after two with only 4 packs through(though it did not last long enough to actually run any of the first 4dead). Just cause it's "entry level" dosent mean it shouldn't be relatively problem free.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTSC10 View Post
Your right, traxxas junk does bring in new people to the hobby, but the other companies like AE/TEAM LOSI/HB/HPI/OFNA etc etc, KEEP them in the hobby.

If the only R/C options we had to choose from was from traxxas...id take up knitting sweaters.

Traxxas USED to be good, everything they have now is cheesy junk, that 75% of the time, has some sort of electrical issue.

its a shame that every "NEW" car they come out with, is simply an existing vehicle, with different bumpers/colored plastic/ and a different body, have you guys seen the new mustang they are putting on the fiesta/mini revo/minislash/ whatever else junk{dunno what its called} it looks retarded!!

"losi" is no different, they have been spewing off JUNK the last few years,not sure what the losi/team losi split up is about?

Yea I definitely agree with some of that for sure. IDK what is up with the 1/18th scale or smaller crap that Traxxas, LOSI (especailly), etc are making now days. I really dont see why any of these companies waste their time making mini Summits, Micro Rock Crawlers, Mini Sliders, etc. This whole mini/micro phase needs to be swept under the rug and forgotten about ASAP.
These companies must have done some kind of market research and came to the conclusion that its a profitable business model.... but I dont know how.
Heck, I love my losi Eight T, but would never consider nor even look at a Micro Rock Crawler. Just seems weird. And like some kind of disease that wont go away, these dang minis and micros keep on growing and spreading!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sackamous View Post
I don't think it is a race quality vehicle, I did not expect it to be bullet proof. As I said I have owned many traxxas vechiles in the past and don't have one single complant on any other one. I even still run the 3.3 jato fairly regulary. I guess I was wrong to expect this one to be like the rest of my traxxas products and be problem free until I do something to break it. I understand the cv shafts hey shit happens I expect stuff like this with an rc. The first esc yea ok maybe it was a bad one. But come on after two with only 4 packs through(though it did not last long enough to actually run any of the first 4dead). Just cause it's "entry level" dosent mean it shouldn't be relatively problem free.
what ever
Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

75% of their stuff has electrical issues? Where do you come up with your stats? Dont just throw out false stats because you personally do not like something.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Traxxas has always been known as a company thats sells cheap,fairly durable rtr's that people can use to get started in this hobby...

Other brands like Associated,Kyosho,Losi[well sometimes] are more known for their race quality kits,they have better quality and therefore are more expensive...
Old 03-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by merx9 View Post
75% of their stuff has electrical issues? Where do you come up with your stats? Dont just throw out false stats because you personally do not like something.
well...

at one point i had 4 slash 4x4's...and 3 of them had issues in some form or another as far as electronics went, only ONE had absolutely zero issues electrically...but it always broke.

funny thing is, the slash's that i see used and raced the most, DONT have traxxas electronics in them...i wonder why?!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

well...

at one point i had 4 slash 4x4's...and 3 of them had issues in some form or another as far as electronics went, only ONE had absolutely zero issues electrically...but it always broke.

funny thing is, the slash's that i see used and raced the most, DONT have traxxas electronics in them...i wonder why?!
Hmmm, one guy four cars and three with problems, I wouldn't wonder at all, I'd have to think operator error myself, funny thing to me is these things have been around for years and two guys think because they can't figure it out they must be junk.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Suspended

Hmmm, one guy four cars and three with problems, I wouldn't wonder at all, I'd have to think operator error myself, funny thing to me is these things have been around for years and two guys think because they can't figure it out they must be junk.
i absolutely love how the traxxas fan boys just refuse to admit that the chances are, its the TRUCK.

google search velineon issues...and you;ll be reading until your dead.

but go ahead, blame me for traxxas putting out complete garbage...im only a 20+ year veteran to the hobby who races everyweekend, and owns damn near 70 rc's....

yup, its all my fault!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

i absolutely love how the traxxas fan boys just refuse to admit that the chances are, its the TRUCK.

google search velineon issues...and you;ll be reading until your dead.

but go ahead, blame me for traxxas putting out complete garbage...im only a 20+ year veteran to the hobby who races everyweekend, and owns damn near 70 rc's....

yup, its all my fault!
Yea your the guy that throws stuff across the pit because you can't figure it out, I love it, 20 year vet you think you of figured it out by know.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Suspended

Yea your the guy that throws stuff across the pit because you can't figure it out, I love it, 20 year vet you think you of figured it out by know.
Wrong, im the guy always helping people out, and lending my equipment at the track...BUT..Im glad you think you know anything about me..you know that saying about asumptions right?

what's there to figure out? traxxas builds/markets and sells complete junk, i figured that out a LONG time ago.

i sold all the traxxas crap i had to others to get them into the hobby, the rest were pitched in the trash where they belong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service