Community
Wiki Posts
Search

looking for a nitro offroader!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default looking for a nitro offroader!

i'm looking for a 4wd offroader that is fast and gets along with the sothern arizona sand dunes. it's gotta be nitro. i'm just looking for suggestions on either a buggy or truck. i need to start somewhere...right? thanks a lot.
tim
Old 08-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Check out the Hyper 7 PBS PCR edition. Starter box, glow ignitor, tools, fuel bottle, etc...

It doesn't have the greatest radio equipment but it will last for awhile. Great package for the money.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

id go either an HPI RS4 RTR for about 299, which is ready to go. just need fuel, fuel bottle, glow stick, etc.

or my personal recomendation (sp?) would be a tmaxx. it all depends on budget. if there is no budget, than a monster GT, by team associated, or a losi super truck is a good substitute.

but if youre completely new to nitro id stick with the tmaxx. is a pretty capable truck out of the boxx (sorry couldnt resist) and its newbie friendly

if youre looking for somthing 4x4 and fast there are a ton of 4x4 1/8th scale that can be had for a bit more money, by kyosho, OFNA, mugen, or the like.

but for dunes and alot of sand, i think id be like a kid in a candy store with a traxxas t-maxx and a set of dirt hawgs or paddles on

EDIT:
unless you arent new to nitro at all, then it comes down to budget