Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4 must have upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)
Default RC10B4 must have upgrades?

hey guys, i am in afghanistan right now and we are building an rc track out here. i have chosen the b4 as my buggy of choice to run while we are out here...this will be my first buggy that i will own for racing. What are some things that i need to upgrade to give it quite a bit more life before it breaks and i have to wait for 3 weeks for the part to get to me over here? Thanks for the help guys!
kyle
Old 02-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Stock up on front bulkheads and arms, maybe a aluminum rear chassis plate if your going over some big jumps. If not just buy a few spares of those as well.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Definitely pick up a set of Rod Ends (RPM ones are a good choice or you could just get the associated ones), and you might even grab a screw set for your truck. Nothing is worse when you're waiting than waiting for a $1.50 set of screws for three weeks... -.-
Old 02-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FantomLeopard
Definitely pick up a set of Rod Ends (RPM ones are a good choice or you could just get the associated ones), and you might even grab a screw set for your truck. Nothing is worse when you're waiting than waiting for a $1.50 set of screws for three weeks... -.-
+1 the RPM ballcups are awesome.

A-arms, caster blocks, steering blocks, shock towers, etc. Shock orings and oil!!!

Doesn't hurt to have everything from chassis outward to have on hand. They are all fairly cheap.

I havent broke anything on mine recently, but when i do it seems to be the dam caster blocks... actually thats all ive broken, caster blocks... always the left side, stupid corrugated sweeper pipe... lol.

Doesn't hurt to get a few extra wings either, they are usually the first thing to tear up. Esp when you practice when SCT practices...
Old 02-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RPM front bumper, lasts forever