Got Bored of Hyper 10SC, made a truggy with it instead

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buggy8
got the parts I'm going to paint it different to be "original"

again, sweet idea!
Awesome! I think the parts from hyper 10tt will work well also. My losi wing mount and 3mm carbon rear tower didn't hold up to well. Going to use the STRC 5mm aluminum tower and hyper tt wing mount next and see how it goes.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Someone put a TT next to a 4x4 SC.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

good to know. post some pics of that new buggy when you get it.

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
Awesome! I think the parts from hyper 10tt will work well also. My losi wing mount and 3mm carbon rear tower didn't hold up to well. Going to use the STRC 5mm aluminum tower and hyper tt wing mount next and see how it goes.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

spunkysandoval - I see you have a small bumper on the front end, what did you use for that? I have a Hyper 10SC I was considering getting rid of for the new Durango SC but this thing looks awesome!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you have a video fo your OFNA ride on Youtube please send me the link so I can review and maybe post it on our OFNAfan.com website. We wanna have bashers,crashers and racers in their OFNA's tearing it up. Bring it, Titans, DM-1's, GTP's, Dominators, Pirates or even old school Colts if you got a vid send it to me at [email protected].
Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buggy8
interesting how much of the mass of the hyper is upfront... I have a few ideas on how to lighten the back because I do have a nose dive problem
You mean lighten up the front?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

That looks amazing! I really like the way it turned out looks wise.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I've ordered my parts last friday, just waiting for them to arrive.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

that thing is sweet, love the sct combo on it to...very nice conversion and easy to drive
Old 03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mister_g
I have done the exact thing (used a mini STe as donor - same diffs etc) and used a nitro sc chassis, dogbones and chassis braces (nitro chassis has diff further back so its better balanced).

1/8 wheels and adaptors and a buggy body and you are done (hyper 9e shown).

Mine has a novak 4.5 550 with 14 pinion on 2 cell lipo and its a lot faster than my friends 8 scale conversions.
Its lightweight nimble and jumps beautiully.

Its just a shade over 4 pounds

Sorry to hijack the thread
Exactly what I am working (I even already have the Hyper 9e body as it was a little more narrow than most at the lhs). I am gonna throw a Castle SCT combo in mine, don't want to dump a ton of money in it in case it doesn't work well. Which wheel adapters did you go with?

I thought the TT wing might look way to small on it but that looks nice and I was worried about running an actual 1/8 wing because of the extra leverage on the TT mounts in upside down situations.

If I can keep real 1/8 buggies from destroying it though I think it may actually work on a small track.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Blystr
spunkysandoval - I see you have a small bumper on the front end, what did you use for that? I have a Hyper 10SC I was considering getting rid of for the new Durango SC but this thing looks awesome!
It is the Hyper TT bumpers front and rear I am pretty sure.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

I think the Hyper TT wing mount is gonna be the big difference as it will transfer energy down to the mount instead of into the shock tower (which in conjunction with the gearbox is a bad design for strength).
Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chappy67
I think the Hyper TT wing mount is gonna be the big difference as it will transfer energy down to the mount instead of into the shock tower (which in conjunction with the gearbox is a bad design for strength).
Agreed! I have installed the hyper tt wing mount. Works much better than the losi one I was using.

Originally Posted by Blystr
I'm using the bottom portion of the rear bumper mount. Just unbolt the bumper and slap that part up front. Easy as pie

Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Agreed! I have installed the hyper tt wing mount. Works much better than the losi one I was using.

I'm using the bottom portion of the rear bumper mount. Just unbolt the bumper and slap that part up front. Easy as pie

Sorry to Blystr, I was thinking about Mister G's bumpers when I answered. Hey spunkysandoval has the front gearbox top mount showed any signs of failing yet without the body to protect it.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

^ not even close. The body actually covers the shock tower. I mount the body to the shock tower using ten t body mounts. I don't wreck hard often, so results may vary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.