R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Jconcepts bj4 worlds addition

I am tempted to buy one. Has anyone driven one? Anything you guys got is helpful!
oplaxboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Sorry i'm on my phone I meant edition
Old 02-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Its prettymuch an out dated B44...

it revolutionized the 4wd class in its time...
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
Its prettymuch an out dated B44...

it revolutionized the 4wd class in its time...
So is there any huge differences between this and a b44?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Do they even make these anymore?

Biggest difference is B44 uses saddle packs for better weight distribution and handling but I'm sure there are other differences too.
Neu_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neu_Racer View Post
Do they even make these anymore?

Biggest difference is B44 uses saddle packs for better weight distribution and handling but I'm sure there are other differences too.
The BJ4 is basically a B44... Same platform... The BJ4 Worlds edition uses saddle packs too! You might as well get a B44, better parts availability.
Its still a great buggy though if you can find one!
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If you like the BJ4, you'll love a B44. I had a non world edition so I could use stick packs but it was changed in the worlds edition to saddle packs.
Still alot of info on the JConcepts website.

in 2003, Ruona and Brad Reelfs designed and built the BJ4, the company's first 4 wheel drive electric car for the IFMAR World Championship in Clearwater. Ruona finished 13th overall in 4wd with this new car.

Initially, intended only as a prototype for the World Championships the BJ4 was never intended as a production car. However, as hype surrounding this prototype developed it became apparent that the BJ4 had to become a production reality. A preorder list was created on the JConcepts website and the anticipation began.

In July of 2004, JConcepts released a small production run of 40 BJ4 kits to customers waiting on the preorder list. Receiving their kits just a few weeks before the event, Rod Rippee and Chris Baumgartner placed 1st and 3rd respectively in the 4wd stock class giving JConcepts their first ROAR National Championship.

Early 2005 was a remarkable time for JConcepts. Ryan Maifield, driving the original BJ4, TQ'd and won the prestigious Cactus Classic in Scottsdale, Arizona. Driving the original BJ4 Maifield also TQ'd the ROAR Modified Nationals in Enfield, Connecticut. Jared Tebo continued to rack up victories with the Illuzion bodies at races such as the Nitro Challenge, Silver State Nitro Challenge, Cactus Classic and ROAR Modified Nationals.

Just as the original BJ4 was hitting its stride the IFMAR World Championships was approaching once again. Prior to the event, a successor to the original BJ4 hit the drawing board. Utilizing a warm-up trip to Italy to confirm suspicions, the BJ4 Worlds Edition started to take shape.

Late 2005, Ruona and Reelfs celebrated the highest victory of all and took home top honors at the 2005 IFMAR Off-road World Championships in Collegno, Italy. Ryan Cavalieri won A-main number 1 and 2 to take the overall IFMAR World Championship win for JConcepts with his BJ4 Worlds Edition Car. Ryan Maifield, also driving the BJ4 Worlds Edition Car, TQ'd the 4wd modified class and finished in 3rd place overall. Craig Drescher also finished a strong 7th place with his BJ4 Worlds Edition Car. In the 2wd modified class, 7 of the top 10 drivers in the A-main were running a JConcepts Illuzion body on their car.

Early 2006 showed complete dominance for the BJ4 Worlds Edition. Jared Tebo picked up the TQ and win at the Cactus Classic in Scottsdale, AZ. Jared led a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place sweep of the 4wd modified class for the BJ4 Worlds Edition.

During the summer of 2006 Ryan Cavalieri was in World Champion form as he picked up a TQ and a win at the prestigious Hot Rod Shootout in Saugus, CA. Jared Tebo responded at the ROAR Modified Nationals picking up the TQ in all 4 rounds of qualifying as well 1st place in A-main number 1 and 2 to secure the 2006 ROAR Modified National Championship for the BJ4 Worlds Edition. Yet again, Jared led a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place sweep of the 4wd modified class for JConcepts.

Also in the summer of 2006, Peter Pinisch TQ'd and won the European Championships. Peter's performance at the Euros showed the versatility and international competitive nature of the BJ4 Worlds Edition as the event was run on a track surface made up of a combination of Astro Turf and dirt.
Justin B is offline   Reply With Quote