Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need a new sct

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default I need a new sct

Ok, so I have driven a Losi Strike, and after reading and reading to see if it was worth "hoping it up", i decided to buy a new sct. I was thinking of either the Associated or the Traxxas, both 2wd. Which car is reccomendable? If I buy a kit, I could use my spare electronics from my strike, and I was wondering if there was any pieces from the strike that are worth using. (Probably not)
Old 02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the losi xxx-sct is fairly good out of the box..
the associated sc10 rtr brushless is good also...

i own both, but am sticking to the xxx-sct for racing and selling the sc10
just because i want same brand for both mod and stock classes

if you want to race competitively go with either above
if you only looking for a basher go traxxas
Old 02-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Paldude
Ok, so I have driven a Losi Strike, and after reading and reading to see if it was worth "hoping it up", i decided to buy a new sct. I was thinking of either the Associated or the Traxxas, both 2wd. Which car is reccomendable? If I buy a kit, I could use my spare electronics from my strike, and I was wondering if there was any pieces from the strike that are worth using. (Probably not)
if you plan on racing at all... Kyosho Ultima SC / SC-R ...Losi XXX SCT.. or the AE SC10 FT or Brushless RTR

the traxxas is a basher and not a dedicated racer.. imo its feels cheap compared to other kits.. more like a toy in my eyes..
if you want a truck that can takes tons of abuse and you can race.. HPI blitz.. has to be the strongest SCT on the market currently
Old 02-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The Slash wouldn't really be an upgrade. Go with the SC10 or the XXX-SCT. Both very nice.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tyler350
The Slash wouldn't really be an upgrade. Go with the SC10 or the XXX-SCT. Both very nice.
I disagree with this statement... ANYTHING is an upgrade for the STRIKE . That thing was the biggest POS ever created......... Slash is a great basher, and can be a decent Race Truck if the right areas are upgraded. However, a LCG chassis like the Blitz, SC10, Kyosho, Lousy (oops I ment Losi) all make better racers. The Slash definately has it's pros, easily repairable and TUFF (except for the rear hub carriers). Just about every Hobby Store carries enough parts to repair just about every part on the Slash. Not to mention the "fun factor" I have more fun racing my Slash (in a Spec Class) than I do in any other class. They are difficult to master whith their high center of gravity, but this also keeps the realizim of a short course truck. You can get the LCG chassis to handle just about as well as a stadium truck, which IMO handles nothing like a real vehicle...... Just for the record, I currently own/race a spec Slash, Mod 2x4 Blitz, Mod 4x4 Slash 4x4 (Previously had an OFNA Hyper 10SC), and an AE RC10T4.... I am not product biased, I will race anything thsat isn't a LOSI................... I really don't have anything negative to say about Losi either. It is just at my local track, it is "losi or nothing" and I like to go against the grain. I can tell you this, the new Losi SCT is nice. I have been beatin numerous times by it. But that same driver has beatin me on every level with just about everything I'd bet if he drove my Blitz and I drove his Losi he would still beat me......

Either way you go, it will be an upgrade over the STRIKE! If you plan on carpet racing, keep your Strike tires. They are the HOT SETUP at the local indoor carpet tracks by me. Just make sure to buy a truck with local support. I had the OFNA Hyper 10SC and loved it, but anytime I needed a part it was mail order only as neither of my local stores carried any parts for it.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, both the lhs I have near me have losi, associated, and traxxas parts, but they dont have the cars I am looking for. I can order the cars, but im not sure if there are any parts that can be used for the scts. like i asked before, are there any parts from the strike that can be kept? because i dont think anyone would want to buy that piece of junk.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I love my SC10. I raced it last year until the class died around here. I think the worst finish I ever had with it was 6th in the A at RC Pro Texas. Great handling, and mine was very durable once I added the RPM bumper/chassis brace. Doubt there's much off the Strike you can use on any of the vehicles you mentioned. I like mine so much I'm keeping it even though the class is about dead around here. Selling one for a buddy if mine if you're interested, similar to mine.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...eady-race.html
Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

In looking them (having never driven an XXXSCT) it appears that with the sc10 (what I drive) out of the box you get a much better motor/esc combo, and that with the Losi, you get a much better just about everything else.

Oh keep the strike shocks, those are sweet!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TailsNeon556
if you plan on racing at all... Kyosho Ultima SC / SC-R ...Losi XXX SCT.. or the AE SC10 FT or Brushless RTR

the traxxas is a basher and not a dedicated racer.. imo its feels cheap compared to other kits.. more like a toy in my eyes..
if you want a truck that can takes tons of abuse and you can race.. HPI blitz.. has to be the strongest SCT on the market currently
Dude...last time I checked, these things were all toys...a Slash is every bit as TOYish as a Ultima/SC10/XXXSCT is...get over yourself man.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ta03 tuner
Dude...last time I checked, these things were all toys...a Slash is every bit as TOYish as a Ultima/SC10/XXXSCT is...get over yourself man.
He is right. The adjustability in the slash just is not there compared to the sc10. I own both. The sc10 is a far superior race truck unless you go with a slash lcg chassis.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

2 Things i thanks Traxxas for.

Getting me into the hobby ~'92 with my first DIY kit, a Hawk 2.
And bringing back the popularity of RC with the slash.

I would never race a slash. I havent seen much on it i like... and that noise... they all sound like a screaming bird... cant tell if it is the kits, or the general user set gear mesh... both?

Just for the sake of saying so, it should be "toy" vs "hobby grade"
Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Punt66
He is right. The adjustability in the slash just is not there compared to the sc10. I own both. The sc10 is a far superior race truck unless you go with a slash lcg chassis.
You misunderstood my post...raceworthiness/adjustibility have nothing to do with how toy-like a rc car is...unless you're actually inside the car/truck and driving it, these things are ALL TOYS.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

you guys need to get over the slash bashing, I have driven a lcg rustler/slash conversion and that truck is flat dialed. Very competitive.

I own a sc10 ft and a blitz ese, both are great trucks and would serve you well.

But if you want the best its the kyosho sc-r it has everything in the box except tires, but like the blitz it allows you to switch tires front to rear. It has great shocks and quality parts.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ESE awesome truck.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

I have a slash personally but have but a bunch of money into it to make a good race truck. I have also driven a FT SC10 and a losi xxx-sct. If I was going to buy another truck it would be the xxx-sct hands down. Both are good trucks and would race well but after driving the 2 I like the xxx-sct better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.