Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
tenshock sc401  short course Brushless MOTOR >

tenshock sc401 short course Brushless MOTOR

tenshock sc401 short course Brushless MOTOR

Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
  #826  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
onefast8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,438
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

good point!
onefast8 is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 11:47 PM
  #827  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,088
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

anybody tried boosting the 3500kv to work well with 2s?
NitroLuver is offline  
Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 PM
  #828  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,465
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Will be testing mine in the next few hours, will post results

Cheers
crusey_aus is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 AM
  #829  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,465
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Just tested the SC401 3500kv on 2s

Car setup
Slash 4x4
Geared 12/44 for 34 mph theoretical (scriptasylum)
Flightpower Nano 5000mah 50c
Xerun 150
Ambient temp 65f
Combination of high speed passes / tarmac bashing

Eagletree recorded data
Max Amps - 114 amps
Max Power - 818 watts
Min Volts - 7.01v
GPS Speed - 33.5 mph
Temp at end of pack - 130f





Motor felt great, will gear up a bit and test it again soon

Cheers
crusey_aus is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 05:47 AM
  #830  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the data, I really like when those w/ that software help the rest of us out.

114A doesn't seem that unreasonable for that motor, I would have guessed that it was pulling more.
mulepic is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 05:52 AM
  #831  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,465
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Will test it geared 14/44 (40 mph) next time out

Cheers
crusey_aus is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 08:24 PM
  #832  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: India
Posts: 480
Default

@RC*PHREAK: Will builtrc have the 4000Kv version in the next week?
iamahuman is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 11:06 PM
  #833  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (140)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,133
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by iamahuman View Post
@RC*PHREAK: Will builtrc have the 4000Kv version in the next week?
i will double check tomorrow, but last i heard he was hoping for next week, but you know how shipping from china can sometimes be.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
  #834  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
i will double check tomorrow, but last i heard he was hoping for next week, but you know how shipping from china can sometimes be.
Think its possible get some TenShock decals? Everytime I go to the track, people wonder what motor is that.(Faster than some 4s buggies lol) I'd like to slap a few of them on my truck body/toolboxes etc.. just to get this bad a$$ motor known. I have also pointed a few people towards BuiltRc. They love these motors.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 11:17 PM
  #835  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (140)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,133
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Think its possible get some TenShock decals? Everytime I go to the track, people wonder what motor is that.(Faster than some 4s buggies lol) I'd like to slap a few of them on my truck body/toolboxes etc.. just to get this bad a$$ motor known. I have also pointed a few people towards BuiltRc. They love these motors.
PM me your address and i'll get you some.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 02:03 AM
  #836  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: India
Posts: 480
Default

If I get the Tenshock, can you send some decals with the motor too. I have a friend who's going to order for me sometime next week. Hope you get the Tenshocks by then.....

PS: I asked this on another forum but here goes.... How would the 4600 Kv run in a slash 4x4 with stock gearing with the SSC kit on a very loose track? Ambient temps are around 26 Celsius.....

Last edited by iamahuman; 09-17-2011 at 06:57 AM.
iamahuman is offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 10:48 AM
  #837  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lockport,NY
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default best ESC

I've got 4600kv Ten shock coming,whats best sensorless ESC?HELP
indoor track tight corners smooth clay
butchman is offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 10:52 AM
  #838  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by butchman View Post
I've got 4600kv Ten shock coming,whats best sensorless ESC?HELP
indoor track tight corners smooth clay
hobbywing SC8
I've ran a MMM for a year and it died from Ground Shock damage.
I ran the SC8 in 110 Degree temps and the esc never got above 130. There is a Seller on Ebay that sells them from AZ, fast shipping for about 70-80$
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 11:16 AM
  #839  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
hobbywing SC8
I've ran a MMM for a year and it died from Ground Shock damage.
I ran the SC8 in 110 Degree temps and the esc never got above 130. There is a Seller on Ebay that sells them from AZ, fast shipping for about 70-80$
How did the cogging compare between the 2 ESC's? My RX8 cogs like crazy w/ this motor regardless of the timing I set on it. Sure once the motor is moving there is no cogging but of all my sensorless motors this one is the worst.
mulepic is offline  
Old 09-17-2011, 11:23 AM
  #840  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
How did the cogging compare between the 2 ESC's? My RX8 cogs like crazy w/ this motor regardless of the timing I set on it. Sure once the motor is moving there is no cogging but of all my sensorless motors this one is the worst.
If you barely tap the trigger, your going to get cog. I don't drive at low speeds, so I never cog. I run the 4000kv motor geared at 15t and never ran into cogging issues.
Feint Motion is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.