Wiki Posts
Search

Best RTR shortcourse wheel/tire

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Best RTR shortcourse wheel/tire

I'm looking for opinions on the best wheel/tire that comes with a RTR shortcourse truck. Getting ready for a race that requires it, and right now I'm running goosebumps on my SC10.

I've heard good things about the tires on the new Losi XXX-SCT, but no clue what I would need to do to make them mount on the SC10. I still have the stock setup, haven't converted to hex yet.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can always buy the wheels and tires seperately and glue them up yourself. They don't have to be premounted wheels.

I've heard good things on the Losi and kyosho rtr tires.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Depends on what your surface is...........

Losi Strike tires work great on carpet with low center of gravity trucks like the Blitz, AE SC10, etc. For trucks like the Slash (higher center of gravity) the Traxxas Kumo and BFGs work great for carpet. Since I only race carpet, thats all I can suggest.........
Old 02-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by active_sport
Depends on what your surface is...........

Losi Strike tires work great on carpet with low center of gravity trucks like the Blitz, AE SC10, etc. For trucks like the Slash (higher center of gravity) the Traxxas Kumo and BFGs work great for carpet. Since I only race carpet, thats all I can suggest.........
this is actually perfect, the race in question is on carpet. I know someone with a Strike, so i'll ask him about the tires.

there are a couple of guys running the xxx-sct's. i'll see if they'd be willing to pop a wheel for me so i can see what the mounting system for them looks like.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by godofcable
I'm looking for opinions on the best wheel/tire that comes with a RTR shortcourse truck. Getting ready for a race that requires it, and right now I'm running goosebumps on my SC10.

I've heard good things about the tires on the new Losi XXX-SCT, but no clue what I would need to do to make them mount on the SC10. I still have the stock setup, haven't converted to hex yet.
I haven't tried the stock XXX-SCT tires on carpet yet so I can't speak for them but I've run the stock SC10 tires on carpet and they hook up decently.

Carpet is about the only surface that the stock SC10 tires hook up well on it seems.

I'm going to be racing on carpet w/ jumps this weekend myself.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by henry
I haven't tried the stock XXX-SCT tires on carpet yet so I can't speak for them but I've run the stock SC10 tires on carpet and they hook up decently.

Carpet is about the only surface that the stock SC10 tires hook up well on it seems.

I'm going to be racing on carpet w/ jumps this weekend myself.

Hope this helps and good luck.
i race on carpet with a losi sct on a regular basis and i can tell that kyosho tires have about the best feel but last a month if lucky majority of the people i race with including myself run with sc10 tires in front and blitz tires in the rear in the d compond they seem to get the best wear i think most got a full season out of that combo