Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HXT 4mm bullet connectors with twin red plastic housing? >

HXT 4mm bullet connectors with twin red plastic housing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HXT 4mm bullet connectors with twin red plastic housing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default HXT 4mm bullet connectors with twin red plastic housing?

Does anyone know where (in the U.S.) I can get some of those 4mm bullet connectors with the red plastic housing that hold two wires? Hobbyking has them, but all of China is currently closed for three weeks for their Chinese New Year celebration, and it takes a month to ship them even when they're not closed. And even HobbyKing currently has them backordered, which means out of stock.

These connectors come on most of the LiPos and LiFePO4 batteries from HobbyPartz, HobbyKing, etc. I like them, but my cars don't have that connector, neither do my chargers.

They look like this:

Any hobby shops or electrical supply places or ANY kind of store, have them? Either in Southern Cal, or anywhere in the U.S. or Canada?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

use normal bullets with shrink over them. thats what i did until i swapped my whole fleet over to deans
Old 02-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

http://cgi.ebay.com/4MM-Bullet-Conne...item255a420752
Old 02-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

you may want to consider switching connectors. it will suck switching everything over but there is not anything to stop you from hooking up a battery with reverse polarity. i used to use Sermos connectors until i accidentally dead shorted a battery and smoked it. it was my stupid fault so i switched to deans. they are readily available, and you cant hook them up wrong and are 'zero loss' and high current. i just try to make my lipos idiot proof!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If you take your time and assemble these correctly, before you solder, they are also reverse protected, like Deans.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

oh! sorry i must not be familiar with those type of connectors. i thought they were just standard bullets. my mistake! but the limited availibility would make me consider switching, just because im impatient
Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigben1165
but the limited availibility would make me consider switching, just because im impatient
I hear that. It's the biggest roadblock to my switching over to them.

But I finally compromised by ordering three from Arizona (for two cars and a charger, to use existing LiPos that have them), and 20 from China via Ebay to convert the other Lipos, all the NiMHs, and my 4-year-old son's Slash and the NiMH chargers.

Before ordering the China ones, I emailed each Chinese vendor that has them on Ebay and asked if they (a) had them in stock, and (b) could ship quickly. Diligence paid off, I ordered them yesterday and the guy has already shipped them! But slow transportation will still take a month to get here, I'm sure.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Little-Acorn

But I finally compromised by ordering three from Arizona (for two cars and a charger, to use existing LiPos that have them), and 20 from China via Ebay to convert the other Lipos, all the NiMHs, and my 4-year-old son's Slash and the NiMH chargers.

Before ordering the China ones, I emailed each Chinese vendor that has them on Ebay and asked if they (a) had them in stock, and (b) could ship quickly. Diligence paid off, I ordered them yesterday and the guy has already shipped them! But slow transportation will still take a month to get here, I'm sure.
eek that does suck! you are more patient than i my friend! as long as they prevent reverse polarity and you have or are getting all you need you should be set. its not like we switch connectors all the time or anything. just with new batteries. if you do end up switching, i like deans connectors. they are kind of a fiddle to solder with the shrink tubing and all but they hold up well and are small. (and readily available) i used sermos connectors originally with my helis, but i had a battery disconnect during flight! that ended poorly.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just get EC5. Same thing as those but with indents on the plug so it only fits one way.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...5d511811e51ce2
Old 02-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

forgot about those
Old 02-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Little-Acorn

The ones from Arizona came last week, and the fit very nicely. Happy happy!

And I just got a notice today, that the ones from China have been sighted in Santa Clarita, CA! (why there??) But that's a pleasant surprise. They might get to San Diego tomorrow or the next day, dare I hope?

The Post Office giveth, and the Post Office taketh away. Blessed be the ways of the Post Office.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Post Office says they delivered them to my house today. I'll be home soon to check.

If true, that's ten days, mainland China to San Diego. Not bad!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I would dump them things and get TRX, Deans, EC3
Old 02-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I would dump them things and get TRX, Deans, EC3
Why? They are 4mm bullets, and if all his batteries have them, then it's easier to add to the few ESCs he has than to switch over all the batteries.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I had been looking for some in the states as well. I finally found some at RCDude.com. I had never heard of them, but ordered on a Monday and had them on Wed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.