Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Need Improved Performance >

Need Improved Performance

Need Improved Performance

Old 02-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

check ride height, should be arms level and the rear maybe a tad under level. also use #1 pistons 25-30wt oil and green springs in the rear you could also try the 4th hold mod on the top rear shock tower. how much weight do you have under the foam battery pad? i run 3oz under there. my setup is pretty close to the one you have now and on hard clay with a little dust my sc10 handle awesome!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sc10rr View Post
check ride height, should be arms level and the rear maybe a tad under level. also use #1 pistons 25-30wt oil and green springs in the rear you could also try the 4th hold mod on the top rear shock tower. how much weight do you have under the foam battery pad? i run 3oz under there. my setup is pretty close to the one you have now and on hard clay with a little dust my sc10 handle awesome!
The setup I'm using of Chris Attebery's, already uses the 4th rear shock tower mount hole and the 3oz of wt in front of the rear shock tower. I'm trying to found out if using #2 piston with 25wt oil would be softer than #1 piston using 30wt oil? I will probably use a red front spring to shift more weight to the rear of the truck also, which should improve rear traction.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtRacer68 View Post
The setup I'm using of Chris Attebery's, already uses the 4th rear shock tower mount hole and the 3oz of wt in front of the rear shock tower. I'm trying to found out if using #2 piston with 25wt oil would be softer than #1 piston using 30wt oil? I will probably use a red front spring to shift more weight to the rear of the truck also, which should improve rear traction.

I would just swap the front springs to Red and remove a couple more limiters out of the front shocks. That's what I did ths weekend. Swapping oil/pistons isn't going to buy you any more traction.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
I would just swap the front springs to Red and remove a couple more limiters out of the front shocks. That's what I did ths weekend. Swapping oil/pistons isn't going to buy you any more traction.
Probably right Now getting truck ready for the 2011 motorama. Will start with the same setup and go from there.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
I would put the camber link back to C first, then try thicker oil and a haevier front spring.

Here's a link to my setup sheet. This is a very forgiving setup compared to the sheets posted on AE's site:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...YWVjYzlj&hl=en
Chris,

How did you drill the 4th hole in the rear shock tower amd keep it straight?