Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
hobbypartz motors review >

hobbypartz motors review

hobbypartz motors review

Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have had several of the 1/8 scale systems and never had a problem with any of them.....I have 2 Xerun sensored systems and they have also been great ...just get the nicer programmer with the LCD screen. I also have a leopard system in a beater truck...and a tacon is another beater truck....both have been perfect so far.

I have torn them down (ESC & motors) and compared to the Castle & Tekin definately NOT the same....the higher end stuff does seem better built BUT for the $ I am going Hobbywing Xerun all the way...I am in this hobby for FUN.

My track is mainly Tekin and Castle.....so far I have seen several of both smoke....I and one other are running the "cheap stuff" no smoke so far! I am far from a professional level racer so honestly adding Tekin will not magically make me a better driver......I am in this for the fun of it and honestly if the Tekin and Castle were the only options available..... I couldnt afford to be in the hobby!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerx711 View Post
SIDE NOTE: theres a handfull of things hobbypartz carries, like talcon, ezrun, exrun that i would purchase again... BUT based on horibble customer service and no communication problems I will NEVER buy from Hobbypartz again....

theres some other sellers on ebay selling the EZrun, ECT... i'll buy off ebay, at least paypal and the feedback system would be there if any problems...
good luck getting refund from hobbypartz
Have you used PayPal recently or E-bay? Most fucked up thing ever. Somebody wants to be a dick and not leave you feedback then you wait 21 days to get your money. You're supposed to get it in 3 if you have delivery confirmation but somehow that doesn't happen. Then the fees.......

If you're going to use E-bay, forego PayPal and use this instead so the people you're buying from don't get screwed
http://www.moneybookers.com/app/
Old 02-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I just bought my first Tacon motor, and I will definitely be buying more. I bought a 4420kv 3650 motor for my Losi SC, and it's perfect. Smooth power band, no cogging with my Sidewinder esc, and very efficient. At $24, it's a smokin deal!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

no prob DS..
ezrun 35 systems, hobbywing brushless motors, hobbywing field programers, thunder ac6 charger(s), gen ace batteries.... Mulitiple orders screwed up, backorder items stated as in stock, tons of time on phone/email trying to get something defective exchanged.....

any other stupid questions??
A-H, a little riled up are we?
In case you dont read the forums, about 95% of comments like yours come from users who have never used the products in the first place. If you knew that, then you would understand my questioning you about it. My apologies for doubting you, and I am sorry you had such bad luck with HP and their products. Better luck with Ebay.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Driver86 View Post
I have them in everything I own. I laugh at the people who pay Tekin prices.
Buy cheap, you get get cheap, just remember that.
I dont wanna flame the thread, but I know dealing with people
from china for customer support that cant speak fluid english,
vs dealing with Novak, LRP or Tekin who have always helped me out.
Ive bought from RCmart and never will again..ordered some blue
aluminum A-arms, they sent me red ones...
I have heard others that bought from them and they ended up
with the wrong part for the wrong car. IMO I would be so mad....
Good luck returning something that took 4 weeks for you to get it.
That's why Im staying away from all these el-cheapo china companies...
Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ???E-Racer View Post
Buy cheap, you get get cheap, just remember that.
I dont wanna flame the thread, but I know dealing with people
from china for customer support that cant speak fluid english,
vs dealing with Novak, LRP or Tekin who have always helped me out.
Ive bought from RCmart and never will again..ordered some blue
aluminum A-arms, they sent me red ones...
I have heard others that bought from them and they ended up
with the wrong part for the wrong car. IMO I would be so mad....
Good luck returning something that took 4 weeks for you to get it.
That's why Im staying away from all these el-cheapo china companies...
What part of they're located in California do you not understand? That's in the United States by the way, Hilljack.

Just where do you think those LRPs, Novaks and Tekins are made?

Sure you get no support, but for the price I'll forego that, thanks.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I'll just say this. This hobby has more rebranding than any I have ever seen. Ever. So in RC, you don't always get what you pay for. That said, if support is a real issue for you, by all means, spend a bit more with a company who's offices are in the US.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
I'll just say this. This hobby has more rebranding than any I have ever seen. Ever. So in RC, you don't always get what you pay for. That said, if support is a real issue for you, by all means, spend a bit more with a company who's offices are in the US.
Well said, I think most of the people who talk like that guy are the ones that NEED customer service to hold their hand.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
XXXXX33333
Old 02-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by burnineyes View Post
Well said, I think most of the people who talk like that guy are the ones that NEED customer service to hold their hand.
bwaaaahaaahaaahaahaaa

Guy can't help it, he's from Kentucky whose state motto is "Hey, at least we're not West Virginia!"
Old 02-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Driver86 View Post
Have you used PayPal recently or E-bay? Most fucked up thing ever. Somebody wants to be a dick and not leave you feedback then you wait 21 days to get your money. You're supposed to get it in 3 if you have delivery confirmation but somehow that doesn't happen. Then the fees.......

If you're going to use E-bay, forego PayPal and use this instead so the people you're buying from don't get screwed
http://www.moneybookers.com/app/
not sure what your talking about?? i haven't had any problems that weren't properly fixed on ebay both as a seller and a buyer ..

Im a top rated power seller on ebay (motorcycle/atv parts) and sell on average of $1,000.00 a week.. i only sell good used items, so i've never had anyone try to claim a part was bad of if there was a problem on my part i took care of it right away to keep the customer happy!!
now if hobbypartz would have kept me happy they would have another 250.00 in sales in the last 7 days...

Originally Posted by burnineyes View Post
A-H, a little riled up are we?
In case you dont read the forums, about 95% of comments like yours come from users who have never used the products in the first place. If you knew that, then you would understand my questioning you about it. My apologies for doubting you, and I am sorry you had such bad luck with HP and their products. Better luck with Ebay.

i purchased many RC items of ebay, one problem out of 100+ buys and it was refunded quickly..

2 out of maybe 10 orders from hobbypartz had problems, still waiting on refund for out of stock item order placed on the 23rd of january!!!

check this link out.. the majority of the poll is what????
http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php/topic,18571.0.html
Old 02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

not sure what your talking about?? i haven't had any problems that weren't properly fixed on ebay both as a seller and a buyer ..

Im a top rated power seller on ebay (motorcycle/atv parts) and sell on average of $1,000.00 a week.. i only sell good used items, so i've never had anyone try to claim a part was bad of if there was a problem on my part i took care of it right away to keep the customer happy!!
now if hobbypartz would have kept me happy they would have another 250.00 in sales in the last 7 days...

i purchased many RC items of ebay, one problem out of 100+ buys and it was refunded quickly..

2 out of maybe 10 orders from hobbypartz had problems, still waiting on refund for out of stock item order placed on the 23rd of january!!!

I won't disagree that their sevice blows but I've only had to make use of it once and that was because I made a mistake in ordering a battery too big for an RC18. Any time I've ordered something though, I've never had an issue receiving it.

As for E-bay, you are exempted for being a power seller. As for us occassional users, we get royally screwed by PayPal (which is owned by E-bay) if we attempt to sell something due to the 21-day wait. We get triple screwed when E-bay and PayPal (again, same company) double-dip on fees.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Suspended

Hello racerx711,

This is Tommy from HobbyPartz.com. I just want to let u know that I've been assigned to help monitor the customer experience of our company. We totally understand the value of our customers and we hate to see unhappy experience from our customers thru miscommunication. PM me and please let me know how I can help u and I'll assign a special rep to take care of ur problem fully.

Thanks
Tommy
Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for posting in here Tommy,
I have had great success with many orders from you guys and you will continue to be my first choice for the items that you carry.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I thought this was a thread dedicated to reviewing various motors sold by hobbypartz, which in my experience have been great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service