R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default brushless system messed up

i just got the flysky gt2 2.4 remote, a tacon 4300kv brushless motor, and a 35A hobbywing esc. all brand new for my 2wd traxxas slash. i plug everything in and put a battery in and everything works for a second then i start messing with the program card and the "set" button on the esc and the motor starts 2 stutter so i shut it off. now there is no throttle no reverse no nothing its like the motor is fried. the esc and the remote work my steering servo just fine but nothing happens when i pull the trigger. also the esc is supposed 2 beep when ur setting it up now it doesn't. if someone could please help me 2 figure out wat it is i have 2 do in order 2 get this thing rolling i'd appreciate it. thanks.
danrauscous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The program card is for adjusting the ESC, but not for set-up procedure. Try it like this:
Set the truck up on a block or any method to prevent a runaway if something goes wrong,
Make sure the throttle trim on the radio is centered (0), and end-points are maxed,
Install everything like it is ready to drive, make sure all connectors are in the proper slots, and in the proper orientation.
Connect battery,
Turn ESC on while holding the setup button pressed,
It should begin to beep and flash a red LED, immediately release the button,
With throttle at neutral, press button once, you should hear a beep,
Pull throttle to full forward position, press button, you should hear two beeps,
Pull throttle to full reverse position, press button, you should hear three beeps,
Return to neutral and wait 3 seconds or so and you should be armed and dangerous!
At any point if you make a mistake or something doesnt seem right just switch it off and start over. Once you get the hang of it you will find it very easy. Use the card for changing settings such as, Lipo cutoff, motor timing, throttle punch, brake strength, etc. After you set-up the throttle you can plug in the card while everything is off, then turn everything on and you should get to adjust the settings if you desire. Do not use the set-up button again unless you make a major radio change or something of that nature.
burnineyes is offline   Reply With Quote