Wiki Posts
Search

Associated quality?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Associated quality?

I am working on a friends T4.1 right now,, this truck has very few races on it,, i can not believe how much slop and play is on everything,, now i ran their stuff for years, but have never seen anything like this. I currently have months of racing on my Schumacher without any wear or play anywhere. I know that the newer plastics and molds on the associated gave a better handle and a bit more strength,, but is it worth it to have to replace all these parts or keep trying to shim everything? I think that i would be VERY upset if i bought one of these kits!! Just my thoughts,, feel free to add in!!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It is the plastics I think AE is using since they are produced overseas now. And your right on the old carbon and plastic parts they hardly ever get really sloppy.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have heard this before, but you you think the tiny amounts of extra play affects handling at all. I use to have beat on new associated kits to get them to drive right. Play is needed in your cars to get them to handle well. You can definetly have to much but its always needed in small amounts.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Prophet

well, ive own a gt2 gas truck and the quality isnt bad if you ask me i just used big enough washers to get some play out but with a little bit still left losi isnt any better i know.

at least the parts are expensive.

even though i think losi is a bit high on thier stuff.

to be honest i could of kind of tell the diffrence with out the washers and with and im not a pro driver.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:16 PM
ets
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i have a buddy that has a t4.1 n it broke 3 out of 4 races and it was brand new
Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I put $130 worth of new parts on my B4 for the Midwest Champs this weekend - after Friday practice where I got about 30 minutes of run time total, the car had just as much slop as it had after 3 years worth of wear on the old composite parts. I only caught 2 tubes during practice too, so it's not like I was crashing all over the place. The quality of the new plastics is simply not good enough for me and as a result I have started to look around at other brands and will probably go with something different on my next purchase.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

It is the plastics I think AE is using since they are produced overseas now. And your right on the old carbon and plastic parts they hardly ever get really sloppy.
+1 I like the old FT B4 kit better than the new b4.1 kit...with the exception of the V2 Shocks
Old 01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Prophet

the only thing that broke when i ran my gt2 was when a idot decided to stop on the front straight and i broke my rear arms and bent the hidge pins .
Old 01-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

when a idiot decided to stop on the front straight and i broke my rear arms and bent the hidge pins .
Don't you hate that
Old 01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
the only thing that broke when i ran my gt2 was when a idot decided to stop on the front straight and i broke my rear arms and bent the hidge pins .
The GT2 was still on the old molds and plastics
Old 01-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by sst4nbr1
The GT2 was still on the old molds and plastics

oh, so im guessing the new models are cheaper plastics than ?

in gentral though 1/10 is weaker than 1/8 scale for sure from my exprience associated/losi.

thats why i do 1/10 sc truck and 1/8 truggy/buggy.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

I have 2 Associated cars and I have to say that thier quality is sub-par. People race them cause they work, are reasonably priced, and are easy to get fast setups for.

Their aftermarket parts seem to be defective versions of thier kit parts. I just picked up a set of V2 shock bodies that are extremely rough finished on the inside. All it takes is someone to drag the inside of the shock body with a toothpick to makesure it's smooth when it rolls off the machine or when it's being packaged.

AE needs to get it together and pay attention to QC. Bring the manufacturing back to the US if you have to.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Legend

tc5
You want the truth ?

The Ae 4.1 durabitily is far better than the old stuff...
No flash at all and the way the parts fit is spot on....
Old 01-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Good point. The old white nylon cars were a joke. Across the board AE has improved. But some of thier product is really inconsistant.

AE should know better with co.s like Kyosho, X-factory, Mugen, Xray as an example.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Good point. The old white nylon cars were a joke. Across the board AE has improved. But some of thier product is really inconsistant.

AE should know better with co.s like Kyosho, X-factory, Mugen, Xray as an example.

You realize that X-Factory uses AE parts right?

And Xray is government funded...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.