Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage Flux 5cell?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Savage Flux 5cell?

Hey guys im just wondering about my Savage Flux and running 5cell batteries (2cell and 3cell) Anyone have any idea on how stupid this truck will get or can get with 5cell. Also looking for some pointers on how to get the truck to do good flips and control the truck in the air thanks

Savage Flux
Old 01-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have run mine on 5S and to me its the best of both world's. Its not uncontrollable fast like 6S, it doesn't kill the drive train like 6S, and it doesn't require near the maintenance that 6S does. It's faster than 4S, but not so much that you can't control it. Have to learn a little trigger control, but that's to be expected with a setup like this.

I did a few backflips when I 1st got mine ~3yrs ago, but don't anymore. If you're having probs, check the slipper/slipper pad. I've modded mine with the FLM XL type conversion just so it's not so bad about flipping on the lid. Don't do any jumping with mine, so can't help there.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Well you can run 5s, but make sure your using the same capacity batteries ie same mah, also run the same discharge rating ie C rating.
As for flipping in the air, its real easy, smash the throttle to make it backflip, then hit the breaks when it levels out.