1/8 EP Truggies

Old 01-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default 1/8 EP Truggies

There use to be a few EP 1/8 Truggy kits out there but now only conversions. Did SCT take over this class to?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
There use to be a few EP 1/8 Truggy kits out there but now only conversions. Did SCT take over this class to?
I don't think they ever took off. I personally just run an electric truggy with the nitros.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy

Ep Buggies are more popular, but Ep truggies are fun too. We race a mixed class in my country.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I love my XT8E!!!! THey never really took off around here either. They do suck alot of juice but set up right are no harder on equipment. I can do a 20min main with a Tekin 2000kv truggy motor on 4s 6500mah. I have one of those for mains and use my 5000mah for qualiys.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I think the economy is what has really hurt the take off of e truggy. We have a decent class at our local track but you are not seeing any new faces showing up with one. The e buggy class is bigger but even with that class we are not seeing a big # of new faces. Short course has taken over. It's affordable fun racing that most people can afford not to mention that here is allways a huge class no matter where you race.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JoeC
I think the economy is what has really hurt the take off of e truggy. We have a decent class at our local track but you are not seeing any new faces showing up with one. The e buggy class is bigger but even with that class we are not seeing a big # of new faces. Short course has taken over. It's affordable fun racing that most people can afford not to mention that here is allways a huge class no matter where you race.
That's the opposite somewhat here. This year, it seemed like a lot of the short course drivers moved over to 1/8 E buggy. There were a lot of new buggy racers this past year.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

There is about 3 of us down here in el paso and about 10 or so 1/8 scale , and about 40 sc trucks but only about 15-20 show to race
Old 01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stay tuned... the 8th scale crowd SCOFFED at my 8ight E a few years ago... Now several of them own and race them. Give it time. The SCT thing is good to bring in new faces, and they help the noobs learn to drive. At some point, they notice how much BETTER the other classes of cars drive.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Stay tuned... the 8th scale crowd SCOFFED at my 8ight E a few years ago... Now several of them own and race them. Give it time. The SCT thing is good to bring in new faces, and they help the noobs learn to drive. At some point, they notice how much BETTER the other classes of cars drive.
A lot of the top drivers here have gone electric. Some still race both, but the electric class is definitely BIG here. Numerous times the E buggies severely outnumber the nitros. Instead of putting the E-buggies in with the Nitro ones, they have at times had to put the nitros in with the electrics.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i think after the e-buggy class gets bigger it will flow over to the e-truggys

most of the major brands are just making e-buggys now mugen,xray,durango.

kyosho, AE and losi have had them for some time.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

I am pretty sure after 2 years, Caster Racing is the only manufacturer to make an electric truggy, but don't quote me.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

I was under the impression that 1/8 E was much more popular than 1/8 Nitro, but I guess it is really regional. When I iced up my 8T a few months back, I was basically the only one out running nitro. Now I've converted it E and talk at the track is starting up that they want to run a lot more nitro this year. Errrrr

I actully loved it when it was nitro, but my problem is that I cannot tune one of those damn engines to save my life and I literally spent all of my off track time screwing with the engine instead of being able to focus on suspension to match track conditions.

I really can't imagine going back to nitro personally.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iThinman
I was under the impression that 1/8 E was much more popular than 1/8 Nitro, but I guess it is really regional. When I iced up my 8T a few months back, I was basically the only one out running nitro. Now I've converted it E and talk at the track is starting up that they want to run a lot more nitro this year. Errrrr

I actully loved it when it was nitro, but my problem is that I cannot tune one of those damn engines to save my life and I literally spent all of my off track time screwing with the engine instead of being able to focus on suspension to match track conditions.

I really can't imagine going back to nitro personally.
That's the main reason why I convert. Now it's just plug n play. I can spend more time tuning my car then tuning my engine lol
Old 01-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have 2 kyosho St-rr truggies 1 converted 1 in the process of being converted. There are several companies that make conversion kits just pick out a truggy you like and buy it new or used like i did and make your own e-truggy. I have all nitro parts that i removed so if i ever want to go back to nitro i can In a matter of a few hours. I'm loving e-power no glow plugs,no $35 a gallon nitro no retuneing every time the weather changes, no oily mess,eye burning smoke,100 plus decible exhaust. no charging glow starter,starter box battery.I have been a nitro guy for 20+ yrs. i have a closet full of nitro's. Since i discovered brushless and lipo they are all shelf queens. e-power is so easy i don't know if i will ever go back.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chris960
I have 2 kyosho St-rr truggies 1 converted 1 in the process of being converted. There are several companies that make conversion kits just pick out a truggy you like and buy it new or used like i did and make your own e-truggy. I have all nitro parts that i removed so if i ever want to go back to nitro i can In a matter of a few hours. I'm loving e-power no glow plugs,no $35 a gallon nitro no retuneing every time the weather changes, no oily mess,eye burning smoke,100 plus decible exhaust. no charging glow starter,starter box battery.I have been a nitro guy for 20+ yrs. i have a closet full of nitro's. Since i discovered brushless and lipo they are all shelf queens. e-power is so easy i don't know if i will ever go back.
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.