Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
CAN YOU RUN A BEC AND ESC OFF ONE ON/OFF SWITCH >

CAN YOU RUN A BEC AND ESC OFF ONE ON/OFF SWITCH

CAN YOU RUN A BEC AND ESC OFF ONE ON/OFF SWITCH

Old 01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default CAN YOU RUN A BEC AND ESC OFF ONE ON/OFF SWITCH

I've had a problem with my steering servo killing the MMP when I turn the wheels. I have since put on a BEC and it seens to have fixed the problem. I'm wondering if you could run the BEC and the ESC off the same on/off switch. Anyone know?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by THE DOC View Post
I've had a problem with my steering servo killing the MMP when I turn the wheels. I have since put on a BEC and it seens to have fixed the problem. I'm wondering if you could run the BEC and the ESC off the same on/off switch. Anyone know?
Mike, Call Castle tomorrow and ask them. I would think that you should be ok combining the two switches on the same circuit but better safe than sorry.

Like I told you, I would just get two small switches and glue the two on top of each other so that you can hit them at the same time. This way you don't have to worry about overloading 1 switch. Cut the wires down and it will be sano.

Michael
Old 01-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOC View Post
You can't run them off the same circuit but you can run two circuits off a single physical switch if you get a double pole switch (DPST or DPDT - Double Pole Single Throw or Double Pole Double Throw).

Many (not all!) RC switches (the ones that come with Futaba Radios, for example) are actually double pole switches (two separate circuits) but both poles are wired together. It would take some soldering finess, but you could use such a switch with the poles separated and use one pole for the BEC and one pole for the ESC. This is something I've been meaning to do on one of my cars but just haven't gotten to yet.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

man i didnt know that i was going to have to run two switches this is pain i think i am not liking the external bec thing two switches is going to suck but likethe glue on on a other idea but unplugging battery is ok till i stop being lazy