Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Is my motor bad???? >

Is my motor bad????

Is my motor bad????

Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bump for having the same problem when using a motor with a Novak Havoc 3S/ballistic 13.5.

Changed the sensor board, tested like a billion different sensor wires, swapped rotor, changed bearings, even swapped the stator.

Motor runs pretty fine with a Tekin RS, doesn't get hot, spins freely. What gives?

ThunderbirdJunkie could've just bought another motor with what he's spent on trying to fix this thing. Argh.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Scratch that...motor acted fine in the truck with the RS, but it did cog. Forgot to mention that.

On the bench, motor out of the truck, motor stutters like crazy unless you give it full throttle. There is definitely something binding in this motor. Anybody wanna buy a Havoc 3S and a 13.5 with a nearly new rotor, stator, and sensor board for REAL FRIGGIN CHEAP