Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Why is SCT so popular? >

Why is SCT so popular?

Why is SCT so popular?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool

i cant afford the $600,000 version so i settled for the $600 one.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Mr.Pink View Post
I love the T4 ... but it is time to let it go . I can always get another . there not going to disapeer anytime soon .

however ....

Do you think the 2wd SCT class will disapear ????

since the introduction of the Losi 4x4 sct and the 'expected' AE 4x4 sct .

ha hell no i dont see 4x4 sc overiding 2wd sc its a cost factor for one and 2wd sc makes you learn how to drive better not 4x4 sc.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Cheap, durable, fun to race/ watch, any skill, more appealing to the eye
Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
Short Course trucks are just awesome and have done so much to this industry.

If it wasn't for Short Course trucks I know at least basically all my buddies wouldn't have gotten back into RC Cars.

Basically watching some Short Course racing on TV when I saw them advertising it. I was like "HOLY CRAP I MUST HAVE ONE!" Then come to find out a buddy of mine saw the same thing and was already thinking about getting one. I didn't want to get one and it be dumb and nothing happened, but he got a Slash and man did the Spec Slash class take off. Then my buddies got a 4wd Slash the very first day it was released. Buddy let me race his 2wd one time and I actually won the main in my first day ever driving one of these things.

I was then sold. Went home ordered my own. Ran Spec slash for a couple months. That class turned from a bash class to a class where the fast guys actually dropped down into and raced. We had guys who raced Mod Buggy dropping down into this class to race. It was no longer a bash class, and Spec Slash was a race class. I then got into an HPI Blitz and raced the slash in spec and Blitz in the open class. Well I was into that for a couple months when I started to realize...this class is falling no one is racing 2wd anymore here. I then bought my Hyper 10SC and got into 4wd Short Course racing and I am in love.

Been thinking about diving into some other classes, but I got into RC Cars from Short Course trucks, and I got into these things to RACE. While the only class that is even remotely big right now at our track is the Stock buggy class. Stock Buggy and 4wd SC are the only two classes that are guaranteed to have multiple heats.

See the OP is going to start going to Mikes again, Mikes had a C MAIN today in 4wd Short Course Trucks. The winner of the C Main would've only been lapped like once by the winner of the A Main. It was some great hard racing...
great story. Reading ur talk bout what classes were big, I was thinkin U were talking bout Mikes...

Guess Ill be runnin 2wd stock. Lol unless I can get some of the fast guys to run mod. I'm good friends with one of the fastest guys that goes there, so maybe we can figure out another mod class, but he tells me 2wd stock is a great mix... So I doubt if mod will be happenin. U goin next week? Its my first sat off in 9 months and I'm dying to race. Come by and say hi.. Ill be the new guy u don't know hanging with Stolle
Old 01-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I guess I don't really understand why "racers" honestly don't like the class. I don't mean at the tracks where it's the bash and smash class. I've run at several tracks where it's just as clean of racing as any other class. The biggest thing "racers" bitch about is how crappy they handle, who cares? They handle the same for everyone right? I know of at least 2 tracks that mod SCT actualy turns more laps than mod buggy (same drivers in both) so they can't handle that bad. When did racing become entirly about speed and handling, yes we want them to be the fastest and handle the best they can but it's all realative. Should all the Indy car drivers get up and say this racing sucks and I don't like it because the cars don't handle like an F1 car? Just an example.

I've raced everything from TC's, carpet oval pan cars, mod buggy, wheeler, and mod sct, just to name a few. I enjoy them all.

Really not an answer to the OP, more of a why not I guess..

$.02 paid
Old 01-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I guess I don't really understand why "racers" honestly don't like the class. I don't mean at the tracks where it's the bash and smash class. I've run at several tracks where it's just as clean of racing as any other class. The biggest thing "racers" bitch about is how crappy they handle, who cares? They handle the same for everyone right? I know of at least 2 tracks that mod SCT actualy turns more laps than mod buggy (same drivers in both) so they can't handle that bad. When did racing become entirly about speed and handling, yes we want them to be the fastest and handle the best they can but it's all realative. Should all the Indy car drivers get up and say this racing sucks and I don't like it because the cars don't handle like an F1 car? Just an example.

I've raced everything from TC's, carpet oval pan cars, mod buggy, wheeler, and mod sct, just to name a few. I enjoy them all.

you, got me to im a racer always been its been a postive in getting people to race at local tracks.

the, offroad track i go during the outdoor season yea theres a couple of guys that bash the heck out of you in the begining than its clean after that and some side by side racing .

yea they dont handle the best but its fun to drive them that way .

ive raced tc, mod 2wd truck, 1/8 buggy/now truggy.
have you ever raced with 15 of them all together now thats a freakin blast !
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post

Really not an answer to the OP, more of a why not I guess..

$.02 paid
That's a great reasonig. I wasn't MAD about SCT, just curious.. What I guess does make me more sad than mad is the large class SCT, maybe some of those guys would rather race stadium but can't or don't because the class is fairly extinct... So peeps like me that want to run stadium can't because SCT has taken over. Does that make more sense? I LOVE racing, I can't sleep when it comes up and that's all I think about. Sometimes don't even eat I'm so excited, but just as everyone fast went nitro 5 years ago, Ill bail the same if there's nothing to race but these SCT things and that makes me sad.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

That's cool Strokd, I just see so many threads that have "racers" bashing the class and I just don't get it. To me a "racer" can find the fun in racing just about anything, fast or slow as long as it's racing and not a bash fest. I see your point about the ST class, it pretty much has been killed by the SCT class. Honestly the SCT class is what ST started as 20 years ago. A scale looking truck class, I guess we all just took a trip back 20 years I'll race just about anything, do I like some more than others sure but in the end for me, if you can race it I'll do it.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Get your buddy Super Coupe to let you drive his Hyper 10SC "Open 4wd" next time y'all are at the track together.

I guarantee it'll make you smile and maybe help you understand why so many are falling in love with these things all over again.

Ex President <--- DFWStangs member since 2001.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The SC10 got me back into RC after nearly 20 years. The realism is what got me. I run it at a few local tracks and have a blast every time.

I'm probably one of those guys "expert racers" would flip out on if I messed up their line. I try to get out of the way but sometimes you can't. Best thing to do is say sorry and keep going. Most guys get it. If someone is in your line or doesn't know they're supposed to yield to the faster car, just let them know. Stay cool and make sure people keep coming back to the track.

A lot of guys already mentioned how SC trucks are the biggest reason why most shops can keep their lights on. Losing your cool can get you banned from a track or worse yet, a trip to the dentist after that kid's dad let's you know what's up. I've seen it happen.

STROKD, pick up an SC10...you'll love it. Change out the rear tires and throw a brushless system in it and you're good to go.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sct's will have better handling as it evolves more .

there will be more tuning options as the class becomes more mature , this is just the begining of the class . As manufactures develope the chassis better , there will be more tuning options available to racers .

after the big names ( losi , ae ,etc ) run outta kits , there gonna have to offer the " CR Competion ready " and FT factory team " versions .

they are still getting around to releasing the 4x4 versions , so there is much to come .
Old 01-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Prophet

i, been running a slash outdoor/indoor and can run right with the sc10 and blitzs in a stock class not with a xxxt-sc though i know thats not just from the driver m

and have won with the slash with basic tuning of course !
Old 01-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr.Pink View Post
sct's will have better handling as it evolves more .

SCT racing has saved tracks all across the US, why do they need to evolve the handling? It's not meant to handle like a ST..

there will be more tuning options as the class becomes more mature , this is just the begining of the class . As manufactures develope the chassis better , there will be more tuning options available to racers .

after the big names ( losi , ae ,etc ) run outta kits , there gonna have to offer the " CR Competion ready " and FT factory team " versions .

they are still getting around to releasing the 4x4 versions , so there is much to come .
You just wake up pink? ever hear of a FT SC10? How about XXX-SCT?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I meant in relation to the 4x4 kits .

I think of the sc10 ft and xxxt sct basically as stadium trucks , the 4x4 versions is where they break out into there "own" class .
Old 01-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

ahh

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service