Wiki Posts
Search

X1CRT brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default X1CRT brushless

This has probably been covered before but here goes.... I ordered one of the Jammin brushless conversion kits from Castle seeing as they were on special , I can't resist a baragin hey Anyway I was wondering if anybody else has one fitted up and has a pic or two to share? I have tried google to no avail and seeing as I want to fit it into a X1CRT I am wondering if the kit only fits the buggy as the battery trays are way longer then the truggy chassis Thanks fellas
Old 01-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wobblygts
This has probably been covered before but here goes.... I ordered one of the Jammin brushless conversion kits from Castle seeing as they were on special , I can't resist a baragin hey Anyway I was wondering if anybody else has one fitted up and has a pic or two to share? I have tried google to no avail and seeing as I want to fit it into a X1CRT I am wondering if the kit only fits the buggy as the battery trays are way longer then the truggy chassis Thanks fellas
If I am not wrong it won't work on your truggy as the mounting of the batt tray is diff between a truggy n buggy( truggy chassis is longer) 2nd the motor mount is , it's meant for 46T it's too low.

U shld hv asked before u ordered.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The motor mount will work as the center diff mounts are the same for both the x1 cr and crt. The servo mount will work as both the x1 cr and crt use the same mount. Looks like the castle kit converts it from a laydown steering servo to a vertical. The stone guards/battery trays......don't know. According to the crt manual on ofna's site, the crt doesn't have stone guards? so no way to compare part numbers to the cr. But for $25 at least you will have a motor mount and a servo mount.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

wobbygts- if you want bushless conversion kit for jammin and try this
www.hongnor.com or email to him [email protected] check out .okay
Old 01-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by drummin89
The motor mount will work as the center diff mounts are the same for both the x1 cr and crt. The servo mount will work as both the x1 cr and crt use the same mount. Looks like the castle kit converts it from a laydown steering servo to a vertical. The stone guards/battery trays......don't know. According to the crt manual on ofna's site, the crt doesn't have stone guards? so no way to compare part numbers to the cr. But for $25 at least you will have a motor mount and a servo mount.
I Don't think so, I hv x1 cr n x2 cr n x1 CRT n x2 CRT. They are different. ESP x1 cr n x1 CRT becoz of the center spur gear. It's taller for x1 CRT n x2 crt n lower for x1 cr.

That's y I use Rc monster x1 CRT motor mount for all my cars. Buggy can use truggy mount but truggy can't use buggy mount ESP a 62T spur.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

just change the spur to the buggy spur.most guys down here who run electric use buggy spurs as most truggies now have 50t spurs.They just make up the speed with the pinion gears.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by kman16jr
just change the spur to the buggy spur.most guys down here who run electric use buggy spurs as most truggies now have 50t spurs.They just make up the speed with the pinion gears.
Yes that 1 way but the FINAL GEAR RATIO will be messed up.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

All good imformative answers fellas The reason I got it was I ordered a 1717 while they were on special and it was only $3 extra for freight to get the b/less conversion The main problem I have is that the battery trays are too long for the chassis? The third hole will be bolted up into air Here's a pic of my problem. I am going to set up with a pro chassis but this is a spare Thanks again fellas
Old 01-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Tech Lord

All good imformative answers fellas The reason I got it was I ordered a 1717 while they were on special and it was only $3 extra for freight to get the b/less conversion The main problem I have is that the battery trays are too long for the chassis? The third hole will be bolted up into air Here's a pic of my problem. I am going to set up with a pro chassis but this is a spare Thanks again fellas
What pro chassis? Don't tell you are converting to x2 CRT chassis?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
I Don't think so, I hv x1 cr n x2 cr n x1 CRT n x2 CRT. They are different. ESP x1 cr n x1 CRT becoz of the center spur gear. It's taller for x1 CRT n x2 crt n lower for x1 cr.

That's y I use Rc monster x1 CRT motor mount for all my cars. Buggy can use truggy mount but truggy can't use buggy mount ESP a 62T spur.
Looking through the manual for the x1 cr and crt I see what your saying. The center diff mounts are the same for both, but the posts for the crt are taller and raise the height of the diff to make the larger spur fit. I guess you could try putting a spacer inbetween the mount and the chassis to make up the difference before investing in a new mount.

I just got done converting my x2 crt to brushless using a RCMonster motor mount. Luckily the X2 cr and crt use the same mount for both.

Here is the mount for the x1 crt
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=RCMCRT1
Old 01-23-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by drummin89
Looking through the manual for the x1 cr and crt I see what your saying. The center diff mounts are the same for both, but the posts for the crt are taller and raise the height of the diff to make the larger spur fit. I guess you could try putting a spacer inbetween the mount and the chassis to make up the difference before investing in a new mount.

I just got done converting my x2 crt to brushless using a RCMonster motor mount. Luckily the X2 cr and crt use the same mount for both.

Here is the mount for the x1 crt
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=RCMCRT1
Yes that's the one, putting spacer may help but getting d truggy post is better
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

All good info so far, but i am still looking for someone who has used one of these conversions in a X1CRT using the battery trays that are too long apparently Thanks fellas
Old 01-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Lord

All good info so far, but i am still looking for someone who has used one of these conversions in a X1CRT using the battery trays that are too long apparently Thanks fellas
This conversion need very small batt tray like caster's
Old 03-15-2011, 02:38 AM
Tech Lord

If u use a rcm motor mount u can use a losi batt tray, it comes with a esc tray too.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I ran into this issue with my Caster truggy, the original ones used a large 62T spur and 43/13 buggy diffs, like the X1CRT. I switched to a 50T Slipperential and was still able to gear OK. It did reduce my gearing options, but still fine with the appropriate kv motor and voltage.

I don't think you will have a very good setup trying to use the Castle trays with that chassis, as you said they are just too long being built into the stoneguards. I would do like suggested and get a different single lipo tray.

Your other option is to do a saddle-pack setup with 2 smaller trays. I really like this setup personally, all my 1/8 vehicles are like this. Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to use the Castle mount or trays, but at $25 it wouldn't be that big of a loss to write off.

In the end, I think you can make the Castle kit work, but there are better ways to do it. But it's your truck, you do what you like best. Good luck with the conversion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.