Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:49 AM
  #14791  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
crip#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: belleville wi
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default diffs

I'm sure its been said but what diff fluids are people running for outdoor 1/8 scale track Med traction thanks in advance

Last edited by crip#8; 07-18-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: spelling
crip#8 is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 AM
  #14792  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: gowrie, iowa
Posts: 2,215
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post




now just need the pix for the RC8 rear chassis brace
the rc8 chassis brace just uses the motor mount hole that is unused. lines up perfect!!
nitroal is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 10:55 AM
  #14793  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: gowrie, iowa
Posts: 2,215
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by crip#8 View Post
I'm sure its been said but what diff fluids are people running for outdoor 1/8 scale track Med traction thanks in advance
i've been running 5,3,2 and it seems pretty good.
nitroal is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 11:16 AM
  #14794  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

5,7,2 or 5,5,2

Originally Posted by crip#8 View Post
I'm sure its been said but what diff fluids are people running for outdoor 1/8 scale track Med traction thanks in advance
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 11:43 AM
  #14795  
Tech Regular
 
Buzz3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 440
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
I've been running one for a couple months and really like it. What gear ratio did you run? I'm at 18/40 or 19/40. I don't find the brake effect to be as bad as the 1410 was.
Yeah, the 14mm rotor sucks so bad that only the team drivers can win with it.

I have the brakes backed off quite a bit and I can still nose it over if I come into some corners too hot, but never off throttle. Mine runs great and I can pull most others I have raced down the striaghts.
Buzz3 is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 11:45 AM
  #14796  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Jstall7543's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Down Town Olympia
Posts: 3,106
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
I've been running one for a couple months and really like it. What gear ratio did you run? I'm at 18/40 or 19/40. I don't find the brake effect to be as bad as the 1410 was.
I was running a 16t pinion. Maybe I'll try it again with a 18t, the temps were under 120 on esc and motor after a full 5600mah 60c pack. But man it was whipping the rear completely sideways on a couple turns. It was ok on the tight corners, like running a rear brake bias, with servo brakes.
Jstall7543 is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 11:53 AM
  #14797  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

The first couple times I used the new rotor I managed to do a forward roll on braking, land on the wheels and keep going.



Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
Yeah, the 14mm rotor sucks so bad that only the team drivers can win with it.

I have the brakes backed off quite a bit and I can still nose it over if I come into some corners too hot, but never off throttle. Mine runs great and I can pull most others I have raced down the striaghts.
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 11:56 AM
  #14798  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

WAY undergeared my friend. Try 18 or 19 and see how you like it. I beat a couple better drivers (one is an ex pro) at our last race. he commented that in the infield he would catch up, but then every time we got on the straight I pulled 10-15 feet on him.

Set your ESC to dual mode, 50% timing, 50% brake, 85% current limit.

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
I was running a 16t pinion. Maybe I'll try it again with a 18t, the temps were under 120 on esc and motor after a full 5600mah 60c pack. But man it was whipping the rear completely sideways on a couple turns. It was ok on the tight corners, like running a rear brake bias, with servo brakes.
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 11:58 AM
  #14799  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Will Slash wheels fit this truck? I searched but didn't see an answer. Im sure its been covered but I didn't see it. I am looking into buying an SCTE but hat to have to buy all new tires.
Jay13 is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 12:11 PM
  #14800  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
I was running a 16t pinion. Maybe I'll try it again with a 18t, the temps were under 120 on esc and motor after a full 5600mah 60c pack. But man it was whipping the rear completely sideways on a couple turns. It was ok on the tight corners, like running a rear brake bias, with servo brakes.
Yeah you have to gear the motor way up with the 14mm rotor. I does not start moving until you get in the 18tooth range.
Casper is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 12:26 PM
  #14801  
Tech Regular
 
Buzz3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 440
Default

You have to love it when someone comes into the thread with little to no knowledge or research on a subject and starts telling everyone else how bad it is. Where's the hand clap smiley?
Buzz3 is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 12:34 PM
  #14802  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
Moogumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 1,888
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jay13 View Post
Will Slash wheels fit this truck? I searched but didn't see an answer. Im sure its been covered but I didn't see it. I am looking into buying an SCTE but hat to have to buy all new tires.
if your just bashing, they will fit.

if your racing they will stick out from under the body.
Moogumby is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 12:45 PM
  #14803  
Tech Initiate
 
mharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 28
Default novak havok pro sc setting

guys i raced this weekend and only made it 9 minutes in a 10 minute main.i was geared at 16/40 . i have a 6000mah battery 60c 4.5 with 14mm rotor. track is medium sized and was high traction . i am hoping to find ot what settings i can change to help me get a little more run time out of it. i took all the timing out of it and drag break is there anything else i should change
mharmer is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 12:54 PM
  #14804  
Tech Regular
 
Buzz3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 440
Default

Originally Posted by mharmer View Post
guys i raced this weekend and only made it 9 minutes in a 10 minute main.i was geared at 16/40 . i have a 6000mah battery 60c 4.5 with 14mm rotor. track is medium sized and was high traction . i am hoping to find ot what settings i can change to help me get a little more run time out of it. i took all the timing out of it and drag break is there anything else i should change
You must go up a tooth or three with the 14mm rotor. I run an 18 and my truck is rarely pulled down the straights. I run the nanotech 6000mah 25-50c and I get 10 minutes but not much more. You may find you can dial out some trigger when going up on the gears and that will help with heat and runtimes. I haven't tried the 19 as I don't need the speed at this time and I don't want more heat.
Buzz3 is offline  
Old 07-18-2011, 01:20 PM
  #14805  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Lenman73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 459
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mharmer View Post
guys i raced this weekend and only made it 9 minutes in a 10 minute main.i was geared at 16/40 . i have a 6000mah battery 60c 4.5 with 14mm rotor. track is medium sized and was high traction . i am hoping to find ot what settings i can change to help me get a little more run time out of it. i took all the timing out of it and drag break is there anything else i should change
How many hot laps are you taking? If there is 2 minutes or whatever between races are you doing a few laps b4 the race starts? If so you could scrape some time from there.
Lenman73 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.