Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default Save an extra ounce

Anyone want to save an extra ounce? I know "I love my fat truck" blah blah. I switched out all turnbuckles for strc aluminum ones. They are 4x60mm in length (yes shorter than stock) but you still get at least 8 full turns in from all the way out on all of them. I was able to match all lengths of the stock ones while saving a full ounce.

Link: https://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDeta...de=SPTST3139GM

They are half the price of titanium and lighter.

Pics:

Last edited by timannnn6; 01-27-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Picked up some more bling today.Integy Billet Machined castor blocks.They are about 2.5 grams heavier than the stocks for those of you who would like to know.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Finally ran my truck last night, with the bce chassis and handles great! I didnt know what to expect at all... even though its basically half a pound lighter it seemed like it still stuck to the ground like how it does stock, but the truck is faster and temps were cooler.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have a few issues with my truck that I would like some advice on.

1st- The steering is getting sloppy on it. I checked for play and the play seems to be coming from the steering Ackerman and in between parts labeled
B2123 & B1242

2nd- My body is no longer fitting the body post's correctly. I have checked out the shock towers and they appear to be spot on.
My only guess is the few nose dives that I have did have caused the front bumper to move towards the rear of the truck as my body is now over hanging the front bumper.

3rd- Front diff where the screws go in are stripped out and it seems Losi put 1 screw in the bottom that was longer than the other 3. I will read the fix for this on the 1st page and go that route.

4th- My truck is doing wheelies from a standing start. I mean like Tmaxx wheelies. This caused it to blow the foam out of the inside of the tire. Will re-CA them tomorrow and see if that takes care of them.

Last edited by liftedcj7on44s; 07-16-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Runnin at Crandon International raceway!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s View Post

1st- The steering is getting sloppy on it. I checked for play and the play seems to be coming from the steering Ackerman and in between parts labeled
B2123 & B1242

2nd- My body is no longer fitting the body post's correctly. I have checked out the shock towers and they appear to be spot on.
My only guess is the few nose dives that I have did have caused the front bumper to move towards the rear of the truck as my body is now over hanging the front bumper.

3rd- Front diff where the screws go in are stripped out and it seems Losi put 1 screw in the bottom that was longer than the other 3. I will read the fix for this on the 1st page and go that route.

4th- My truck is doing wheelies from a standing start. I mean like Tmaxx wheelies. This caused it to blow the foam out of the inside of the tire. Will re-CA them tomorrow and see if that takes care of them.
Better sale it and get a slash 4x4
Old 07-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Bartlett View Post
Runnin at Crandon International raceway!
niiiice
Old 07-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

B2123 & B1242

1. check the ackerman, the grub screw in the spindles/carrier, and check the screws that hold the turnbuckles from the carrier to the steering system. I noticed the grub screw at the top of the carrier/spindle gets loose and kinda wobbly.

2. It happens, ive had 2 trucks so far do the same thing no biggy.

3. Try taking out the screw by different size wrenches, it happened to me when i got mine when it first came out.

4. what motor/pinion/and batt are you running?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
1. check the ackerman, the grub screw in the spindles/carrier, and check the screws that hold the turnbuckles from the carrier to the steering system. I noticed the grub screw at the top of the carrier/spindle gets loose and kinda wobbly.

2. It happens, ive had 2 trucks so far do the same thing no biggy.

3. Try taking out the screw by different size wrenches, it happened to me when i got mine when it first came out.

4. what motor/pinion/and batt are you running?

1-- I tightened up a lot of stuff on the front of the truck tonight including the said ackerman screws, all others were tight and this seemed to help a bit.

2--Damn

3-- No, the diff itself is stripped out, 2 of the screws that went into the front diff from the bottom were never really tight from the get go. Tightening them did not work as they had already stripped out the Diff case.

4-- Castle 1410/3s. I was only joking on this one. I normally run 2s only and the same at the track but decided to try a 3s on the 1410 today and it was MAD!!!

For the guy that said get a slash. Ummmm........ NO!

I do race this thing on the track every now and then.

I do bash around the house though most of the time. This truck is extremely tough though, I don't think a slash would hold up as well as this truck does, Hell my SC10 with RPM parts galore is not as tough as this Losi.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

1-- I tightened up a lot of stuff on the front of the truck tonight including the said ackerman screws, all others were tight and this seemed to help a bit.

2--Damn

3-- No, the diff itself is stripped out, 2 of the screws that went into the front diff from the bottom were never really tight from the get go. Tightening them did not work as they had already stripped out the Diff case.

4-- Castle 1410/3s. I was only joking on this one. I normally run 2s only and the same at the track but decided to try a 3s on the 1410 today and it was MAD!!!

For the guy that said get a slash. Ummmm........ NO!

I do race this thing on the track every now and then.

I do bash around the house though most of the time. This truck is extremely tough though, I don't think a slash would hold up as well as this truck does, Hell my SC10 with RPM parts galore is not as tough as this Losi.

1. Thats weird. are the screws that go down in the steering post tight?

2. lol

3. thats weird bro.

4. thats the reason why, your running 3s. run a 2s at like 14-18t pinion
Old 07-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

where can I find team setups for the truck???
Old 07-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
where can I find team setups for the truck???
i think theres a couple on the first page
Old 07-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

1. Thats weird. are the screws that go down in the steering post tight?

2. lol

3. thats weird bro.

4. thats the reason why, your running 3s. run a 2s at like 14-18t pinion

1. Yep they are nice and tight, If I try to tighten them down anymore I may shift the earths axis from all the torque I will apply to those screws.

2. I actually just figured this one out. I took the front upper bumper brace off and gently bent the snot out of it and BAM! it fit's like new.

4. For 99% of the time this truck is ran on 2s with a 15T pinion as it will be run that way at the track tomorrow.
For that other 1% of the time I like to sling some Rubber (well the foam inside the rubber)

Need to find some bash only tires and wheels that can keep up on 3s because the stock front tires grow almost 3 inches
Old 07-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

1. Yep they are nice and tight, If I try to tighten them down anymore I may shift the earths axis from all the torque I will apply to those screws.

2. I actually just figured this one out. I took the front upper bumper brace off and gently bent the snot out of it and BAM! it fit's like new.

4. For 99% of the time this truck is ran on 2s with a 15T pinion as it will be run that way at the track tomorrow.
For that other 1% of the time I like to sling some Rubber (well the foam inside the rubber)

Need to find some bash only tires and wheels that can keep up on 3s because the stock front tires grow almost 3 inches

lol... proline gladiators are some good bash tires
Old 07-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

lol... proline gladiators are some good bash tires

I guess to keep tire inflation at a minimum it would be a good idea to get a hard compound tire?

I have no clue, they do not take air so I don't know anything about them but I do know that The foam is supposed to stay inside the tire

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.