Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Just a question for ya, are you guys going to be fixing the area that a few people have had to shave off a little by the front arms? I've read a few people have had to do that. I really like how your chassis looks though and bet it's strong as could be.
i had this issue, but that came up right after i put the snr hinge pin holders. (literally had to sit one end and the other had to be primed with a flat screw driver) when i swapped to the bce chassis i did not have any trouble with the hinge pin holder/covers sitting properly onto the chassis at all. I dont know about the aluminum losi as i dont have them yet
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LucasRC
I searched this thread already, and didn't find anything pertaining to a problem with the screws that hold the diff together. Me and my buddy have both had to drill and tap out at least half of the screws because they strip so easily, and we both use quality tools. They call for a 1/16 hex, but the stockers have play in them. I don't know why they were put in so tight that you wind up stripping them. I ordered a bag of 25 screws (2.5 x 10mm .45 pitch) from McMaster Carr, and they rock. They use a 1.5 drive, and have absolutely no play. I have had no problems since. I thought it was enough of a problem to post, and something to consider putting on the first page post for newcomers to the thread.
I'm using the HPI screws which are 2mm longer, and has the larger drive (FROM THE FIRST PAGE). I'm using them in my center diff. The diff housing came pre-stripped from the factory (not the screw). I bought 3 new housings just in case but when I put this longer screw in it, it was fine so I kept it. I'm using the stock screws in the front and rear diffs and they're fine for now.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Got a unexpected package from Horizon Hobby today , THREE new sets of diff gears/pins shims etc. ! I had filled out the online form asking for new cross pins but didn't request new gears as mine were not bad . So awesome knowing I have the spares in my box in case I have a breakage in one of the diffs .

THANK YOU ! HH and Ryan D for all your hard work
So you got some of the old stock Ten-t gears? I swear I found some somewhere and now can't remember where I saw them.
Couldn't have new gears since mold is still not available...isn't this correct?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Diff housing screw size (for people who have stripped the screws and want another option) Four screws - 2.5mm 45 pitch 10mm. HPI has some screws that work part# Z449 , they are M2.5x12mm 2mm longer than stock but the holes are deep enough in the diff housings.
Oops! I must have read that first page over a hundred times and never caught that. Sorry for the overpost!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LucasRC
Oops! I must have read that first page over a hundred times and never caught that. Sorry for the overpost!
I didnt see it on the first page either ? It was in the "sticky" that used to be at the top of the forum page but all thats gone .

NVM saw it this time
Old 07-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

It's still on the first page of this thread, but it's hard to spot, it's not bolded like the rest.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by larlev
So you got some of the old stock Ten-t gears? I swear I found some somewhere and now can't remember where I saw them.
Yep they are TEN T gears , but thats ok as my originals still look great , same with the alum blocks . The washers behind the sun gears are the only thing that shows any wear .
Old 07-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
NVM saw it this time
I swear it's like one of those I-Spy books lol.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yea I have thought about moving the info onto my server and formatting it with CSS, much easier to read the HUGE amount of data listed. I might do that this week, VB code is very limited.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

On Losi's team driver setup sheets, does anybody know exactly from were to were they are measuring the shock length? Top of cap to bottom of end link? Center of top hole to center of bottom hole? Etc?
Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

They are measuring center to center on the screws.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
They are measuring center to center on the screws.
Thanks!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable
you would both be correct...even comes with new nuts...thanks guys!

anyone on here work for a hobbyshop that has LOSB2906 in stock and can get it to me in NY by Saturday? lol
ok///checked with every hobby shop in a 200 mile radius...no one has this part. So heres my next question. There is one shop that stocks parts for the 8ight.

anyone know if i can use LOSA5434? http://www.losi.com/Search/Default.a...hTerm=losa5434
Old 07-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
So you got some of the old stock Ten-t gears? I swear I found some somewhIere and now can't remember where I saw them.
If you notice it was told to us that the mold broke months ago and Losi has since made several shipments of new trucks. When the pin issue came up Losi stopped production of trucks to supply us with replacement pins until they resolved the issue. I asked a few weeks ago what gears were going in these new trucks since the mold broke and gears were not yet available for purchase. Still to this day, no response. So it still is a mystery where all of the gears are coming from that are going in to new trucks and why customers cant buy gears.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
If you notice it was told to us that the mold broke months ago and Losi has since made several shipments of new trucks. When the pin issue came up Losi stopped production of trucks to supply us with replacement pins until they resolved the issue. I asked a few weeks ago what gears were going in these new trucks since the mold broke and gears were not yet available for purchase. Still to this day, no response. So it still is a mystery where all of the gears are coming from that are going in to new trucks and why customers cant buy gears.
LOL @ the mold breaking... Sounds like an excuse my 6 year old would come up with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.