Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
ever since i got this truck im over heating constantly. fresh diffs 5-5-3 . im running tenshock 4600 (maybe to much) with my heat issues im thinking 3800 to 4000 would be good enough. checked all my cvd pins, two had come out so i contact cemented them in. my pinion set screw was rubbing on the motor mount , so i out right drilled the hole in the motor mount larger. running 43 teeth spur and tried 11 to 13 pinion and getting in the 190's to 206 on the motor. good thing i only payed 60 for the motor or id be severly worried lol but the thing has hit 200 a hand full of time but keeps on ticking.i just installed a lrp fan and atached it to the center diff top plate over the motor it has dropped my temp by about 15. i do have alloy towers but have cut the esc tray off and drilled the battery holder out and yanked the side guards off. just cant get a handle on the heat probs,its never fun to drive when your always worried of temps.
Something is weird. you've got binding somewhere I think. I run the 4000kv tenshock on a 13t pinion w/stock spur and she temps at 165 no mater how long I run it, literally. No fan, except on the esc, which is built in.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

Here is a couple of pics of my scte both are setup the same except for motors
one is a novak other is a Mamba
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-losi-1.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-losi-2.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Thanks everyone! Glad you guys all thought it was a good idea also. Hopefully some more people will as well. I also know there's a lot of people who lurk but never post, so hopefully some of the silent majority will also send in some emails! If it happens, I sincerely think it's because of all of us trying to help make a difference and showing that the market for these is out there! For those of you who haven't sent an email out to Robinson Racing, we'd love to have you send one. I think for those most part, our thread is one of if not THE best thread here on RCTech that's dedicated to one vehicle. I know there's a few that have been good, but this one really is great with only a few hiccups. Many members have had great ideas and thought outside the box to keep these cars on the road or to improve on an already good design. People like Chris who've made items that have kept MANY MANY MANY people on the track. Saladfork who started this thread and kept it updated to keep everyone in the know and all the info in one place, not to mention he's sent parts to people free of cost just to keep them going. I'm not sure who came up with the Ofna gear fix or the SC10 diff pins, but those are great examples of how useful this thread has been as well. Keep it up guys! And even JStalls who must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday, has actually been helpful to many here. Thank you guys for your input and positive influence to those of us with SCTE's. There's really too many people who've been great with advice and suggestions here to name everyone, but those I've listed above, as well as Ridley, Eight-E, SC Rage and Cult have really been very helpful, so an extra thank you. Lastly, it's rare that we get the kind of help from the factory that we get here on our thread, so an extra thank you to Ryan and Casper. Let's keep this thread positive and keep up the good work guys!

Salad, your photochops earlier were freakin HILARIOUS!!! Thanks for the laughs.
+ infinity......well said Scott.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Can someone plz tell me what brand and model wheels have the correct offset besides the DE wheels ?

THX !
Old 07-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Ok I just ordered mine today & would like to know what motor esc combo is the best to get.! I will be running on outdoor 1/8sc type motorcross tracks. Gearing info & battery info would be great as well.

TIA
Old 07-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Ryan, good luck buddy! Bring some hardware back home for us Losi guys! Also good luck to Casper, Aaron and Cody, Truhe too if he's gonna be there, which I don't see why he wouldn't be Come to think of it, I bet the field is gonna be very full with Losi SCTE's I'd love to see a list of who's signed up. I also imagine this is gonna be one of the first BIG races that the SCTE with Factory Drivers will go head to head with some of the best Factory AE SC10 4x4 drivers. Should be interesting to see who ends up on top! Don't discount some of those other manufacturers either, but the Losi vs. AE matchup looks to be a really fun one to watch this weekend! I imagine LiveRC.com will have a lot of people watching this weekend! Again, Good Luck!
someone please film this!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm installing the rear aluminum hinge pin holders, but I noticed there's a gap between the rear diff case and the holders. Is this normal? The craptastic stock holders don't have a gap like this.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Totally agree x1000 Attebery is the king.[/QUOTE] +1
Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm installing the rear aluminum hinge pin holders, but I noticed there's a gap between the rear diff case and the holders. Is this normal? The craptastic stock holders don't have a gap like this.
Your inserts should be flush with the holders. I found I had to press them in rather hard until they popped then they were good.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
Can someone plz tell me what brand and model wheels have the correct offset besides the DE wheels ?

THX !
The proline slash protrac wheels work as well. They have 2 styles, the split six and renegade. They both require moding for the front wheels not to hit the arms at full turn but the renegades need a lot less trimming then the split six wheels. I have several sets of each since that was the only thing available in the beginning and they've worked great.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LRPO
someone please film this!
I talked to Rage today, he has been there all week (he just drove hackers truck). Had I gone I would have been filming.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I switched everything to flat head... In a pinch I can use my good friend, butter knife.
Originally Posted by lowroad
my entire truck is held together with rare earth magnets.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone need a motor?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

I talked to Rage today, he has been there all week (he just drove hackers truck). Had I gone I would have been filming.
always love your vids Salad!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Anyone need a motor?

Got a cheep 13.5 laying around there ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.