Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lon_L View Post
I agree, Tonys Screwz rock. Unfortunatley , this time I did use stainless because the only metric conversion kit was made by Rcscrewz, which are stainless.

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
Yeah. I really wanted to convert it to metric but didn't feel like going through the hassle.

Sucks Losi didn't go metric on this truck and instead waited til the 22.

At least they finally did it. Welcome to 1982, Losi.

Imo re taping parts to use metric screw's doesn't make much sense. Also i Personally Feel SAE is more robust in most if not all circumstances.

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
ive had non sensored motors for awhile and never notice cogging only when you are barely on the throttle and thats it, but once again when you race 4x4 sc your continuously on the throttle so i dont get why people dont like it.

We just dont, Plain and simple. We can feel it there and Don't like it. Is that really a problem to you that we Prefer Sensored. ?

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
Im not always on throttle ,so far the couple track I've been on with this truck have a couple 180's,also if u Tq and u have the delay at the start you sometimes won't get that hole shot which is.valuable

Exactly. I personally can't run nonsensored,it bugs the s..t out of me

A Big X2.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think all the sensored/non sensored talk yesterday was directed towards JStalls comments about only rich people run sensored. Myself and quite a few other members thought it would be fun to poke fun at his retarded comments. I prefered sensored, but with the Losi it's a pig with the current motors. Smooth yes, but nothing like the larger rotor 540's with the NON ROAR legal stator lamination's.

Everyone jumped on the 4 pole wagon, it's a marketing thing. And it's working very well. You can get the same speed and torque just by changing the stator lamination's, not just by increasing the number of poles (which increases or decreased efficiency). ROAR legal is 0.35mm Castle uses 0.20mm along with a 17mm+ rotor. I've explained this a few times now lol.

ROAR making the 4 pole motors legal will make the current 550's obsolete. No one will buy them anymore knowing you can get a more powerful motor which is smaller, lighter and more efficient.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I think all the sensored/non sensored talk yesterday was directed towards JStalls comments about only rich people run sensored. Myself and quite a few other members thought it would be fun to poke fun at his retarded comments. I prefered sensored, but with the Losi it's a pig with the current motors. Smooth yes, but nothing like the larger rotor 540's with the NON ROAR legal stator lamination's.

Everyone jumped on the 4 pole wagon, it's a marketing thing. And it's working very well. You can get the same speed and torque just by changing the stator lamination's, not just by increasing the number of poles (which increases or decreased efficiency). ROAR legal is 0.35mm Castle uses 0.20mm along with a 17mm+ rotor. I've explained this a few times now lol.

ROAR making the 4 pole motors legal will make the current 550's obsolete. No one will buy them anymore knowing you can get a more powerful motor which is smaller, lighter and more efficient.
Well 4 is a bigger number than 2 so it has to be better so your wrong

On a more serious note I wished I had 4 poles sometimes.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s View Post
Well 4 is a bigger number than 2 so it has to be better so your wrong

On a more serious note I wished I had 4 poles sometimes.
More poles are required to spin the large rotor more efficiently. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but the same effect can be achieved through the stators. I'm with you, big is always better!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so im a little confused about my setup i have. when i bought my truck from a buddy used the box that the motor and esc came in say its a novak 4.5 well last week i had the motor off for the first time and looked at the underside of it and there is a sticker on it that says 5.5 which should i believe? the picture of the motor and esc on the box isint even the same kind of novak motor in my truck, and i dont know if the guy put a 5.5 sticker on the motor. when i bought it he said there was a 4.5 in the truck. idk if the guy was a dumbass or what but how can i tell between the 4.5 and 5.5?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have had some chitty bodies the last two years from every company. The most consistent has been the SC10 stock body. I learned after about the 3rd one that don't get attached to SC bodies. Shoe goo has saved the last two I owned, however it does add weight. Wraps also help but also add dead weight.
it not the body i get attached to , its the paint job i just paid to get put on it that im attached to lol
Old 07-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Regular

I thought that Steve said on the Roar complaint thread that 4 poles are legal? Is it only certain 4 poles and most of what we use don't fit the specs? Sorry bud as you have probably already gone over this...
Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
good work mate , i have sent a email to them as well
I just emailed them also... Good call man! You should be a product manger.
Originally Posted by Kylesfv View Post
It would be awsome to have some gears from them.. Good idea scott just sent them a email
Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
Done, nice job.
Originally Posted by ae-Dan View Post
+1, just e-mailed them
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
me too. I also told them if they need any scte for any reason i will loan mine
Originally Posted by LRPO View Post
very smart Scott! I sent me email just now.
Thanks everyone! Glad you guys all thought it was a good idea also. Hopefully some more people will as well. I also know there's a lot of people who lurk but never post, so hopefully some of the silent majority will also send in some emails! If it happens, I sincerely think it's because of all of us trying to help make a difference and showing that the market for these is out there! For those of you who haven't sent an email out to Robinson Racing, we'd love to have you send one. I think for those most part, our thread is one of if not THE best thread here on RCTech that's dedicated to one vehicle. I know there's a few that have been good, but this one really is great with only a few hiccups. Many members have had great ideas and thought outside the box to keep these cars on the road or to improve on an already good design. People like Chris who've made items that have kept MANY MANY MANY people on the track. Saladfork who started this thread and kept it updated to keep everyone in the know and all the info in one place, not to mention he's sent parts to people free of cost just to keep them going. I'm not sure who came up with the Ofna gear fix or the SC10 diff pins, but those are great examples of how useful this thread has been as well. Keep it up guys! And even JStalls who must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday, has actually been helpful to many here. Thank you guys for your input and positive influence to those of us with SCTE's. There's really too many people who've been great with advice and suggestions here to name everyone, but those I've listed above, as well as Ridley, Eight-E, SC Rage and Cult have really been very helpful, so an extra thank you. Lastly, it's rare that we get the kind of help from the factory that we get here on our thread, so an extra thank you to Ryan and Casper. Let's keep this thread positive and keep up the good work guys!

Salad, your photochops earlier were freakin HILARIOUS!!! Thanks for the laughs.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

On another note, I just got home from our WXE program and 38 entries showed up. We even had a B main in 4x4SC.

For all those that think only the best hop ups and fancy tweaks to their truck can make them any good I have news. Mikey B showed up with his box stock Slash that took second at the Manufacturers race last weekend and put it on us. He was just toying with us in the A main. His 2wd Slash could have beat most of us...

I am not knocking hop ups and tweaks at all as I have a bunch. I just like to let the new players know that nothing will overcome a skilled driver. You can make this hobby work on a budget if your patient and practice. I just prefer to have the cool stuff so the fast guys have something to admire as they go by...
Old 07-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
I thought that Steve said on the Roar complaint thread that 4 poles are legal? Is it only certain 4 poles and most of what we use don't fit the specs? Sorry bud as you have probably already gone over this...
Tekins 4 pole will be legal in time for Nationals, I assume this also means the Castle will be legit. Nationals are happening all over so not sure what the plan is. I'm sure the Tekin guys will know more on the exact dates.

I have zero problem with ROARs decision, I think it's one of their smarter moves over the last few years. I just wonder why it was so hard to get them to approve the 550's and Tekin releases a 4 Pole with a 18.5mm rotor and now they are pushing for a rule change mid season to get the motor out on the market. Like I said I'm all for the addition, but something seems fishy.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Thanks everyone! Glad you guys all thought it was a good idea also. Hopefully some more people will as well. I also know there's a lot of people who lurk but never post, so hopefully some of the silent majority will also send in some emails! If it happens, I sincerely think it's because of all of us trying to help make a difference and showing that the market for these is out there! For those of you who haven't sent an email out to Robinson Racing, we'd love to have you send one. I think for those most part, our thread is one of if not THE best thread here on RCTech that's dedicated to one vehicle. I know there's a few that have been good, but this one really is great with only a few hiccups. Many members have had great ideas and thought outside the box to keep these cars on the road or to improve on an already good design. People like Chris who've made items that have kept MANY MANY MANY people on the track. Saladfork who started this thread and kept it updated to keep everyone in the know and all the info in one place, not to mention he's sent parts to people free of cost just to keep them going. I'm not sure who came up with the Ofna gear fix or the SC10 diff pins, but those are great examples of how useful this thread has been as well. Keep it up guys! And even JStalls who must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday, has actually been helpful to many here. Thank you guys for your input and positive influence to those of us with SCTE's. There's really too many people who've been great with advice and suggestions here to name everyone, but those I've listed above, as well as Ridley, Eight-E, SC Rage and Cult have really been very helpful, so an extra thank you. Lastly, it's rare that we get the kind of help from the factory that we get here on our thread, so an extra thank you to Ryan and Casper. Let's keep this thread positive and keep up the good work guys!

Salad, your photochops earlier were freakin HILARIOUS!!! Thanks for the laughs.

Also sent them an email.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
well all, I am off to the HRH shootout for the rest of the week. If any of you are around, please stop by and say hello.

I know the weight savings for the 8ight 2.0 tie-rod set versus the stock turnbuckles is pretty significant...just dont recall exactly how much.
Ryan, good luck buddy! Bring some hardware back home for us Losi guys! Also good luck to Casper, Aaron and Cody, Truhe too if he's gonna be there, which I don't see why he wouldn't be Come to think of it, I bet the field is gonna be very full with Losi SCTE's I'd love to see a list of who's signed up. I also imagine this is gonna be one of the first BIG races that the SCTE with Factory Drivers will go head to head with some of the best Factory AE SC10 4x4 drivers. Should be interesting to see who ends up on top! Don't discount some of those other manufacturers either, but the Losi vs. AE matchup looks to be a really fun one to watch this weekend! I imagine LiveRC.com will have a lot of people watching this weekend! Again, Good Luck!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i was thinking the raptor body, did you have to modify it at all?? Also the protek isnt really on the top of my list, ive seen them local and not a fan
I think I might have cut my front wheel wells SLIGHTLY larger, like I think I took off an extra 1/8th of an inch all around the wheel wells in front. Maybe not even that much. It's been a while so I can't remember exactly.

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
Also sent them an email.
Thanks man! Good to hear! They're probably going to be wondering why all of a sudden they're getting a ton of emails asking for the Diff gears for the SCTE/Ten-T/810 platform

I think I'm gonna repost my original post into the Ten-T and 810 threads as well!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
that's weird. i'm running the proline F150 off my slash 4x4 also. for me, the holes lined up perfectly (i also had to hack up the fenders though).
Yeah if I remember correctly, they were REALLY close if not perfect. I think that I had to change mine because of how the body clips hit the hood scoop and wouldn't let me push them all the way through.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lots of talk about cracked bodywork....

The stock sc10 body is great in that it doesn't have too many sharp corners and can take some abuse. I've run one on my 2wd for 2 years of bashing.

But the 4x4 is the same deal as the losi, no flex on the body mounts, and the extra weight and traction rolls tear it up.

My fix..... shoe goo with fiberglass mat. The drywall mesh tape sucks and tears easily. The fiberglass is much stronger. If you can get kevlar, try that even.

If you don't have a fiberglass source, you can get a bondo brand repair kit at Autozone that includes a good size fiberglass mat in it. Do NOT use the fiberglass epoxy, it is too rigid and won't stay bonded to the lexan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.