Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
Agreed! I want to get the aluminum chassis braces myself but my buddy that has it says the screws didn't fit.

Also, some parts are not indicated in the exploded view. For example, the 2 5-40 x 1-3/4" button head screws for the bottom of the rear bumper that goes into the rear diff housing/hinge pin holders, and the one small 4-40 x 1/4 flat head screw that screws into the bottom of the chassis (I forgot if it screws into the motor mount or the center diff standoff).

Taking apart the truck and putting it back together isn't that bad as long as you don't take too many things apart at the same time, but I can see that stuff can get mixed up easily without an assembly manual and just an exploded parts view.

Also, I can't seem to find a supplier for the 5-40 x 1-3/4" screws?
use the ones from the ten-t, can't remember the part number tho and it is not in that trucks manual either. if you don't have the adjustable hinge pin holders you will need to get a spacer that will make the counter sunk heads mount flat. by the way the screws for the ten-t are higher quality than the ones that came on my scte
Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101 View Post
use the ones from the ten-t, can't remember the part number tho and it is not in that trucks manual either. if you don't have the adjustable hinge pin holders you will need to get a spacer that will make the counter sunk heads mount flat. by the way the screws for the ten-t are higher quality than the ones that came on my scte
Actually the aluminum adjustable hinge pin holders are on their way to me now and should be here Friday. I'm confused by your comments though. The hinge pin holders dont look like they come with any screws, are you saying I will need different screws for them? As far as I know, the 5-40 x 1-3/4 screws for the rear are button head and go through the bottom of the rear bumper into the hinge pin holders.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 07-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
Actually the aluminum adjustable hinge pin holders are on their way to me now and should be here Friday. I'm confused by your comments though. The hinge pin holders dont look like they come with any screws, are you saying I will need different screws for them? As far as I know, the 5-40 x 1-3/4 screws for the rear are button head and go through the bottom of the rear bumper into the hinge pin holders.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
the stock screws will fit.. but i did had binding on the arms f/r when i tighten the screws in. i Dremel abt 1/2mm off the arms to free them up.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Talking REPLACEMENT GREASE FOR YOUR DIFFS

Hey guys, Ive had a few emails from a few of you about the grease that i and 8ighte have been using in our diffs. We use it in our front and center diffs with 2000 in the rear it has been working with great results. if you are interested i have 15 ziplok bags ready to ship, each has enough to do 3 diffs maybe 4 . the downside is i have to charge because i buy this from my employer and its not cheap. so the going price would be $12.00 for 1 ziplok bag to rebuild 3-4 diffs. you may like it , or you may not, but with the few guys at our local track that are running it, we do. ill accept payment thru paypal as a gift. ( so i dont get hit with fee's and save you a couple buck's) if your interested in a tube which is 5.3 oz it is 29.00 and i have 2 of those available................thanks JMC23

PM ME IF INTERESTED PLEASE DONT POST ON THE BLOG.......
Old 07-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
I got the BCE chassis yesterday. The chassis looks great and did not need any modifications. All the holes were countersunk and lined up with the corresponding parts. The hinge pin holders dropped right on the chassis. I got it together and it weighs 6lb, 4oz RTR. That's 4oz less than the TEN-T weighed RTR.

I'm using the following parts to enhance durability or lighten or the truck:
BCE SCTE chassis
Losi carbon fiber towers
Losi 8ight 2.0 Ti turnbuckles
Losi aluminum chassis braces
SNR carbon fiber hinge pin holders
APE Ti hinge pins
APE 8ight spring adapters, silver front and red rear springs
APE ChrisPins and hardened shims in the diffs, of course :^)
T-Bone racing TEN-T front and rear bumpers
DE Racing wheels
Blitz aluminum wheel hexes
OFNA aluminum wheel nuts
Cut down battery tray, mud guards and radio box

The only things I can think of to lighten the truck any more would be to replace the 550 motor with a 1410 and start replacing screws with aluminum or Ti.

I can't wait to get it on the track, too bad I'll have to wait until the end of the month. :^(

Chris
Thanx for posting the info on your set up and new chassis,
That sucks you cant run for a month !
Old 07-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Chris,

with the springs you are using are you using all fronts? or fronts and backs?
Old 07-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Fronts and rears.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
Yeah. I really wanted to convert it to metric but didn't feel like going through the hassle.

Sucks Losi didn't go metric on this truck and instead waited til the 22.

At least they finally did it. Welcome to 1982, Losi.
Yea, it was a pain, I tapped almost every thing, But now I can use a 2.5mm hex for most of the screws. Im glad I did it, and would do it again if I bought another SCTE.
Losi should do a new model of the Truck that includes all they things they learn by reading this thread. In my mind , it would go a long way to restoring the image of "Losi". I know I would be one of the first to pre order it.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmc23 View Post
Hey guys, Ive had a few emails from a few of you about the grease that i and 8ighte have been using in our diffs. We use it in our front and center diffs with 2000 in the rear it has been working with great results. if you are interested i have 15 ziplok bags ready to ship, each has enough to do 3 diffs maybe 4 . the downside is i have to charge because i buy this from my employer and its not cheap. so the going price would be $12.00 for 1 ziplok bag to rebuild 3-4 diffs. you may like it , or you may not, but with the few guys at our local track that are running it, we do. ill accept payment thru paypal as a gift. ( so i dont get hit with fee's and save you a couple buck's) if your interested in a tube which is 5.3 oz it is 29.00 and i have 2 of those available................thanks JMC23

PM ME IF INTERESTED PLEASE DONT POST ON THE BLOG.......
Good stuff
Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Pretty sure T-Bones the only one out there making SCTe bumpers. Does RPM make any Losi parts for the SCTe yet?
I can't wait until they do. Never had a problem with RPM parts.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i just do ???? every time my wire came unplugged, i noticed it in 2wd sc,2wd buggy and 4wd sc
That sucks.

I've never had any issues with my unsensored sensor wire.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Hey everyone that owns either the SCTE, 810 or Ten-T:

I sent Robinson Racing an email asking them to look into producing diff gears for our vehicles. I outlined the issues we have had as well as the availability issues. I also explained that the gears/diffs are interchangeable between vehicles and are the same part numbers. That is important because it probably isnt woth making parts that can only be used in one type of vehicle. Anyone who uses Robinson Racing pinion gears knows their hardened steel pinions are the best in the industry. If they make these gears in the same steel as their pinions, they will most likely be the very last gears you ever need. Lets get these made, I suggest that everyone send an email to them at [email protected] They've already replied to my email stating that they would look into it. Its up to us to show them that there is a demand for it and its worth the tooling and setup costs for them. Group effort here, let's "Get 'er done!"
Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

good work mate , i have sent a email to them as well
Old 07-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster View Post
That sucks.

I've never had any issues with my unsensored sensor wire.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Hey everyone that owns either the SCTE, 810 or Ten-T:

I sent Robinson Racing an email asking them to look into producing diff gears for our vehicles. I outlined the issues we have had as well as the availability issues. I also explained that the gears/diffs are interchangeable between vehicles and are the same part numbers. That is important because it probably isnt woth making parts that can only be used in one type of vehicle. Anyone who uses Robinson Racing pinion gears knows their hardened steel pinions are the best in the industry. If they make these gears in the same steel as their pinions, they will most likely be the very last gears you ever need. Lets get these made, I suggest that everyone send an email to them at [email protected] They've already replied to my email stating that they would look into it. Its up to us to show them that there is a demand for it and its worth the tooling and setup costs for them. Group effort here, let's "Get 'er done!"
I just emailed them also... Good call man! You should be a product manger.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.