Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi guys.. silly Qs.. wat if i pack the diffs with marine grease, or any grease for dat matter? wats the effect i will get?
asking cos when i took apart the diff the shims have almost worn down to nothing, with blackish goo of course..(chrispins are fine)

just may wanna try to see if i can prolong the life of the diff gears, at least till Losi sort out the issue, which will be another month soonest
Old 07-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
For real? We are not Truhe or Maifield... They could lap most of us with a stock 2wd Slash regardless of the motor.

JS what ever you are on, can I have one?
put me down for 2
Old 07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh well, it's a good thing I could care less about what you guys think! I won't be offering anymore advise on the truck, why bother, the 1410 is obviously the best motor available so keep running it, recommend it above any other motor. Just delete all the motors from page one except the 1410, it's superior in every way! Make sure those other manufacturers don't trick you into buying there products, a $100 1410 and sidewinder sct esc combo is all you will need! Nothing else can touch it, throw a turnegy lipo in there while your at it, the stock tires a great too, no need to replace those either, you don't need a bce chassis or carbon towers or aluminum retainers, it's all a gimmick to take your money, the only other motor I would recommend is a 17turn brushed motor, it's fast enough with the wright driver.

RCTech is a huge waist of time these days, there's a handful of people that actually contribute useful advise. Now go hack up those battery trays, don't even bother getting scales just hack it up! Don't look at what the pro's are running, 1410 is good enough for any scenario.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Wow ! somebody has sand in their vag I agree though the 1410 isnt the end all too end all like a lot of guys make it out to be .
Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

^^^ you mad bro?
Old 07-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

For those that have installed the T-bone Ten-t rear bumper, have you had any body damage? Are you sure it is enough..I just put it on and it sure looks small and barely extends beyond the body.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A929ryda View Post
what tooth pinion are you running. I had the same set up and was running while above 150F. I changed to the 5.5 for better temp but love the 4.5 speed. My current limiter was at 80%. The next time I use the 4.5 I will tur the current limiter down to 50%.
15 tooth 40 spur seem to be the sweet spot.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
Oh well, it's a good thing I could care less about what you guys think! I won't be offering anymore advise on the truck, why bother, the 1410 is obviously the best motor available so keep running it, recommend it above any other motor. Just delete all the motors from page one except the 1410, it's superior in every way! Make sure those other manufacturers don't trick you into buying there products, a $100 1410 and sidewinder sct esc combo is all you will need! Nothing else can touch it, throw a turnegy lipo in there while your at it, the stock tires a great too, no need to replace those either, you don't need a bce chassis or carbon towers or aluminum retainers, it's all a gimmick to take your money, the only other motor I would recommend is a 17turn brushed motor, it's fast enough with the wright driver.

RCTech is a huge waist of time these days, there's a handful of people that actually contribute useful advise. Now go hack up those battery trays, don't even bother getting scales just hack it up! Don't look at what the pro's are running, 1410 is good enough for any scenario.
Quit booger lippin. Nobody gives a shit if you post anything or not.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Who micturated in your cornflakes?

Those of us who have successfully run the 1410 do kind of tire of hearing people say things like "well it won't work on a big 1/8 scale outdoor track" so we speak up. I run on one of the largest tracks anywhere. 48 seconds is a really good lap time for an e-buggy, let alone a short course and it has been absolutely brilliant. Top end, bottom end, smooth, everything, so when someone comes in and says it won't work here or there or other misinformation I know I will try to correct that. That may not be your assertion, but that kind of stuff gets said here quite a bit.

You know it's all good. There's going to be differences of opinion and it is the nature of the internet forums in general. I'm kind of tired of spouting the virtues of this motor anyway. With this truck and motor I have had more success than I have had in years, so I'm pretty sold on it but I frankly don't care if anyone else runs it. Just gives me one more advantage that I really need to stay competitive in my 50's.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
For those that have installed the T-bone Ten-t rear bumper, have you had any body damage? Are you sure it is enough..I just put it on and it sure looks small and barely extends beyond the body.
Actually, I have had less damage. Most of my damage came from the stock bumper tearing up the body from the inside.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chiro972 View Post
Actually, I have had less damage. Most of my damage came from the stock bumper tearing up the body from the inside.
OK....man it sure is little. I like the look, just had doubts on protection. Makes it nice to get at rear sway and other screws though...skid plate is nice also
Old 07-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chiatw73 View Post
hi guys.. silly Qs.. wat if i pack the diffs with marine grease, or any grease for dat matter? wats the effect i will get?
asking cos when i took apart the diff the shims have almost worn down to nothing, with blackish goo of course..(chrispins are fine)

just may wanna try to see if i can prolong the life of the diff gears, at least till Losi sort out the issue, which will be another month soonest
Chris also has replacement washers for those shims that are much harder. I haven't installed mine yet, but if my pins from him are any indication, the shims will also be a big improvement.

I don't really think that using grease instead of silicone will make much difference in the wear at that point. But someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

If you want a really great grease. Belray motorcycle grease in the white tub is amazing. I used it for my motocross bikes for a few years and have been using the same tub for around 8 years for RC and at the rate I'm using it, the same tub will last the rest of my rc days.

I don't know how close it is in viscosity (is that how grease is measured?) to the stock grease, but it is some really good stuff, is waterproof and seems to hold up well in my motocross bikes wheels and suspension pivots, so I'd bet it is up to most RC tasks.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Going from a motor (1410) that if you run it, in your prior post, and in absolute terms you cannot be competative and you will only be lap traffic to this is pretty funny. Not everyone is going to agree w/ you every time you speak or have an opinion, same goes for all of us so there is no reason to bash the entire forum. You do also realize all the pro's are PAID big dollars and given free hardware so they must run very specific equipment in most cases. You won't ever catch them complaining about it either as a representative of their company they go above and beyond with support and help to everyone.. ti's part of the game.

My only statement is the 1410 is fully capable of winning at ANY level, and it will maintain nice temps. Is it the right motor for everyone, maybe not. A lot of driving and winning is your confidense level out on the track and "feeling" good about your equipment is important in many ways. So if you feel better, more confident running a sensored motor you may very well do better running a sensored motor. Is the 1410 a great option and one that many should consider, heck ya.. will the world end if they don't, heck no :P it's just a silly motor in a toy car when it comes down to it so relaxe and have a cold one..

PS the sidewinder is a terrible esc and will blow up in minutes of use most likely.. it has done that for I and many others who tried.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Anybody got a 5.5T 550 they want to trade for a castle 1410 and a tenshock 4000kv motor? LMK/pm
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-5t-550-a.html
sorry for the thread jacking
Old 07-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.