Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:14 PM
  #13636  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I will be using my 1410 until the tekin 4pole SENSORED comes out.
suby723 is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:21 PM
  #13637  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
I will be using my 1410 until the tekin 4pole SENSORED comes out.
I'll prolly try one of those out too. I'm not getting my hopes up though after being first in line to buy their 550 can motor.........complete letdown.
Ridley is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 PM
  #13638  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I'll prolly try one of those out too. I'm not getting my hopes up though after being first in line to buy their 550 can motor.........complete letdown.
Yeah Ive just heard and seen ryan lutz kill it with that motor, Its amazing on 2cell.
suby723 is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 PM
  #13639  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

sensored sucks sometimes, especially when you have to buy a new sensor wire because the other one went bad or wire came out. Even better when the sensor wire comes out and then the motor goes out on you, love it when that happens.
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 PM
  #13640  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
sensored sucks sometimes, especially when you have to buy a new sensor wire because the other one went bad or wire came out. Even better when the sensor wire comes out and then the motor goes out on you.
Yeah Ive been running my 1410 for at least 8 months and its been perfect, zero problems. I just wanna find the best match with my tekin rx8.
suby723 is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 PM
  #13641  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Yeah Ive been running my 1410 for at least 8 months and its been perfect, zero problems. I just wanna find the best match with my tekin rx8.
ya i dont understand why people dont like non sensored motors, who cares about the little cogging when you tap the throttle big deal.
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:38 PM
  #13642  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (141)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,136
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
ya i dont understand why people dont like non sensored motors, who cares about the little cogging when you tap the throttle big deal.
i can see sensored being a nice advantage on say, a 1/10 2wd buggy where throttle input is maybe more important as you need to be more precise with such a light and 2wd vehicle. for a 4wd? or a 4wd SC (basically 1/8 buggy), you spend a lot of time hammering the thing and correcting it with power. if 3/4 of the trigger pull is only 3/4 throttle 90% of the time and the other 10% of the time it's 7/10, i can live with it and probably won't even notice...
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:39 PM
  #13643  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
i can see sensored being a nice advantage on say, a 1/10 2wd buggy where throttle input is maybe more important as you need to be more precise with such a light and 2wd vehicle. for a 4wd? or a 4wd SC (basically 1/8 buggy), you spend a lot of time hammering the thing and correcting it with power. if 3/4 of the trigger pull is only 3/4 throttle 90% of the time and the other 10% of the time it's 7/10, i can live with it and probably won't even notice...
exactly.
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 PM
  #13644  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,174
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
ya i dont understand why people dont like non sensored motors, who cares about the little cogging when you tap the throttle big deal.
I have run several sensored in mine and I've stuck w/ the 1410 racing.. not only because of heat, but it's performance. That thing won't slow you down one bit... if you think it does iMO it's just an excuse ;P

PS the only time you get a little cogging is very slight on the initial burst to start a race, which if timed right has no ill effect. The other is when you wreck and need to get going again, once in a while you will find a cog or hesitation as the motor 'finds' itself again. So I guess in a way you could say if you wreck a lot maybe you would want to stick w/ a sensored motor ;P LOL

just my 2c
8ight-e is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:48 PM
  #13645  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
I have run several sensored in mine and I've stuck w/ the 1410 racing.. not only because of heat, but it's performance. That thing won't slow you down one bit... if you think it does iMO it's just an excuse ;P

PS the only time you get a little cogging is very slight on the initial burst to start a race, which if timed right has no ill effect. The other is when you wreck and need to get going again, once in a while you will find a cog or hesitation as the motor 'finds' itself again. So I guess in a way you could say if you wreck a lot maybe you would want to stick w/ a sensored motor ;P LOL

just my 2c
hahaha ya, i only run sensored because i got the viper 10r esc's but if i didnt i would be running the 1410 too, that motor is great and stays cool which is crazy because it runs cooler then any sensored 550 motor ive had.
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:14 PM
  #13646  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
ScottKelly911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,736
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I freakin love my 1410! That being said, i am gonna tryout out the Tekin 4pole just to give it a shot since I've got two trucks now.
ScottKelly911 is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:17 PM
  #13647  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Jstall7543's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Down Town Olympia
Posts: 3,106
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

People with money run sensored and prefer the type of power it offers. Don't act like it's stupid to run a sensored setup, it's a more predictable power delivery IMO, and yes I own a bunch of sensored and non sensored setups, I think sensored setups payoff on tight indoor clay tracks where a very linear powerband can help you in the corners mainly, not to mention all the extra esc tuning options it offers, it's a better way to go if you can afford it the definitely do it.
Jstall7543 is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:21 PM
  #13648  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (141)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,136
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

lighten up francis. nobody said it was stupid to run sensored set-ups.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:25 PM
  #13649  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
heavyjeffd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,805
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Sensored is a lot smoother at low speeds and on loose tracks.

If you aren't worried about either and don't mind the racket of cogging, then don't sweat it.

Has ROAR announced that the 550 4-poles will be legal?
heavyjeffd is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 PM
  #13650  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
People with money run sensored and prefer the type of power it offers. Don't act like it's stupid to run a sensored setup, it's a more predictable power delivery IMO, and yes I own a bunch of sensored and non sensored setups, I think sensored setups payoff on tight indoor clay tracks where a very linear powerband can help you in the corners mainly, not to mention all the extra esc tuning options it offers, it's a better way to go if you can afford it the definitely do it.
LoL at people not running sensored because they are to po' to afford it... What a crock of chit, it's a speed control, its not a diamond encrusted space rock with super magical powers. Sensored over sensorless is like 60 bucks.
SaladFork is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.