Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have the 1410 and ballistic 5.5 and 4.5HT truhe edition. I had the 1410 in my ofna and it was great, put the same setup in the scte and didn't like it. The best thing about the 1410 is price. My buddy is running the 1410 in sc104x4 and I'm running the Novak 5.5, he is almost as fast. But I actually get around 10 more laps of run time with similar batteries and a heavier truck. Weird. It comes down to preference, they are all great motors, I won the 5.5 brand new on eBay from nitrohouse for $65 shipped. Just changed to the lighter chassis today and loved it. My initial lap times suffered but after my second pack they were a little faster, after Sunday I'll be ready to rock. I did all the carbon and barley noticed a change, the chassis made a major change.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Short update on the BCE chassis. I got to run it this evening at the local track. Not a race, but good track time for practice. There was not much difference in handling that I could tell but it certainly does seem the be a nice sturdy chassis plate. Makes me feel more confident when "going for it" on some of the bigger jumps. With the stock chassis I was always a little cautious, not going for some of the bigger jumps that it could possibly come up short on and case. I bent 2 of the stockers already. Not bad, just tweaked.

I was worried that the new chassis would be stiffer and make the truck have less traction. Good news is it seems just as planted and stable as it was before.

Even though I had a few small issues getting it installed. It did exactly what I wanted. Less weight, maintained the good handling characteristics of the truck and hopefully more durability. (last one will need a little more time to tell for sure)

Nice little upgrade part once they get the small finishing details get worked out. Mine was a first run part so I'm sure they will work it out, if they haven't already.

Last edited by jhautz; 07-01-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Question for hacker07,
How can I get the newer rear bumper? I called bill from customer service and he didnt answer.. I hate having such a nice truck and using zip ties for the rear bumper! Im on my 3rd set right now!
The only way to get a new rear bumper for sure is to look at the stock your local shop has and pick the new one bu looking for the larger boss' that I pictured some time ago.

As for Bill, he works his tail off so saying he didnt answer, probably was on the phone already. He puts in about 65 hours a week to be sure everyone gets helped out. If you are nice to him and respectful, you will get the world, if not...whats that saying, dont be a [email protected]$%. LOL. He doesnt pull orders for CS any longer so he would have as much liklihood of getting the latest one as you would ordering it from HH yourself. And I dont have anymore either, gave them all out for testing. Heck, I still have my original from a year ago on my truck.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The only way to get a new rear bumper for sure is to look at the stock your local shop has and pick the new one bu looking for the larger boss' that I pictured some time ago.

As for Bill, he works his tail off so saying he didnt answer, probably was on the phone already. He puts in about 65 hours a week to be sure everyone gets helped out. If you are nice to him and respectful, you will get the world, if not...whats that saying, dont be a [email protected]$%. LOL. He doesnt pull orders for CS any longer so he would have as much liklihood of getting the latest one as you would ordering it from HH yourself. And I dont have anymore either, gave them all out for testing. Heck, I still have my original from a year ago on my truck.
Oh yeah his customer service is great! Ill just keep trying to get ahold of him.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Sample Ten-SCTE Setup sheets

I looked all over Losi's website for Ten-SCTE sample setup sheets but couldn't find any. Someone posted that Dustin Evans Shortcourse Showdown #2 sheet was posted. I finally found a bunch of setup sheets posted on horizonhobby's website. Sorry, i am not allowed to post a link.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nta01 View Post
Anyone running the Novak Havak Pro 4.5 Truhe edition?

I can't get more than 3 minutes on it. The ESC two end lights blink. I temped it last night and both motor and ESC were 130ish. I think the lights mean lock rotor.

Has anyone experienced this? I have been told that Novak might have an issue with that motor.

Thanks,
Tom
Yes! Exact same thing just happened to me. Brand new Novak Havok 4.5 Truhe package arrived Thursday, in the car today, "locked rotor" error lights blinking shortly thereafter.

You're getting 3 minutes? 2 would have made my night at this point. I just spent $25 buying a couple extra mod1 pinions thinking that even though it the motor was lukewarm at best and the ESC was room temp, gearing down might help. Sounds like I've been chasing Novak's legendary quality control more than gearing.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pongagt View Post
I looked all over Losi's website for Ten-SCTE sample setup sheets but couldn't find any. Someone posted that Dustin Evans Shortcourse Showdown #2 sheet was posted. I finally found a bunch of setup sheets posted on horizonhobby's website. Sorry, i am not allowed to post a link.
They're on this page: http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodID=LOSB0127
Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Question to the OFNA Gear user's, How are you justifying a 4mm cross pin into a 4.5mm diff case slot ?

The only reason Im asking is because Chris is currently BO'd on all his Pins and parts.
I only have the Ofna gears in my C diff. Last time I tore it down everything looked great. I checked the case slots for possible wear from the pins slapping back and forth but there was none at all. When you first assemble the diff with Ofna gears, it is smoother than the Losi gears.

I only had about 15 packs on the gears so I will wait a little longer next time and if they still look good I'll consider switching all my diffs to Ofna gears. Unless the new Losi gears are out and getting rave reviews.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57 View Post
Im pretty sure it has to do with the mmp mine was doing the same thing until i switched esc to the rx8 now the problems gonzo.
yup. half a pack my esc took a big fat dump. i had to smack it so it would start again, but it would go out. then the sounds from the bleeps went out then it just died.

thats 2 mmm within this week

Originally Posted by Losi57 View Post
Just got my bce chassis today only took 5 days to get it across the country great job guys.For those of you that already put this chassis togethereverythings a direct fit right is there any mods im gonna have to do?
look at some of my pics i posted.

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Got my BCE chassi today. Not exactly thrilled with it considering it was $100 it had a few issues.

First, all of the holes were not countersunk. I had to put it on my drill press and countersink 5 holes that were missed.

The screws for the battery tray don't line up well. I could get 2 of the 3 in but no matter what I did I couldnt get the 3rd in. Could only see the edge of the hole in the bottom of the battery tray thru the hole in the chassis. Had to open the hole on the chassis a little to get it together.

The aluminum hinge pin holders on both the front and rear would not fit over the chassis. The chassis was just a little to wide. Had to file the edge of the chassis down to get all of them on.

There is no anodizing at all on the chassis. It actually still had the 7075 paint markings that come on the raw sheet stock.

The good news is it's 62 g lighter than the stock part it replaced and the 7075 should prevent bending like I've done to 2 stock chassis now.

None of this is a game breaker and I was able to fix all of the issues myself but I have to say I am a bit disappointed having this come from a company with the reputation of BCE. I'm sure this is just first run issues that they will get worked out.

wow that looks a little different than mine. Mine did not have any issues and all my holes lined up prefect contact bill im sure he will work with you, no one is perfect

my stock chassis weighted 317 vs. 242 bce
Old 07-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

I just put the aluminum retainers on my bce chassis, no mods required. Looks like you chassis slipped thru by mistake.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default BCE and OFNA gears

I got my chassis this week and i just got around to start the install this morning. Thanks Bill!! Mine doesn't seem to have any issues, thank god....i dont have a drill press, etc. i did find that my rear diff is completely locked up....and i won the main last saturday, lol. Guess my tiny 1410 pulled her on through! Anyway, I searched around and found the gears from the ofna kit on ebay. I went ahead and bought the hardened aluminum pins and shims. Does anyone know if the ofna gears will work with the chrispins or do i have to use the ofna ones? I have replaced almost every part of this truck with aftermarket losi aluminum, snr graphite, lunsford (8ight) turnbuckles, bce chassis, de wheels, aka tires, not much left of the made in china goods. :-) no offense to losi but we should have all just stuck with sc8e's or converted 1/8 buggies....and saved a ton of time, money, and frustration. Just sayin.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by flysullivan View Post
I got my chassis this week and i just got around to start the install this morning. Thanks Bill!! Mine doesn't seem to have any issues, thank god....i dont have a drill press, etc. i did find that my rear diff is completely locked up....and i won the main last saturday, lol. Guess my tiny 1410 pulled her on through! Anyway, I searched around and found the gears from the ofna kit on ebay. I went ahead and bought the hardened aluminum pins and shims. Does anyone know if the ofna gears will work with the chrispins or do i have to use the ofna ones? I have replaced almost every part of this truck with aftermarket losi aluminum, snr graphite, lunsford (8ight) turnbuckles, bce chassis, de wheels, aka tires, not much left of the made in china goods. :-) no offense to losi but we should have all just stuck with sc8e's or converted 1/8 buggies....and saved a ton of time, money, and frustration. Just sayin.
ofna gears need ofna pins they are different sizes from the losi
Old 07-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flysullivan View Post
I had the same issue with the rear diff locking up, and I have all new pins from the start and my gears and shims are perfect. What it is actualy if you look, is the steel bushing that goes into the diff cup where the outdrive goes into those arnt tight in there and will actualy push in after you drive it a bit thus binding the diff gears. When you take it apart take a diff half with the outdrives in it and push in you will see that it moves in a bit and when both sides to that it binds and locks the diff. I put some ca on it and it works perfect now. *****
Old 07-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
They're on this page:
Thanks, I guess i missed it.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, I ordered the scte and have a mmp and both 1410 and 1415 motors to use in the truck. My only question is the servo. I have a savox SC-0251 which is a "larger standard" servo and I'm wondering if it will fit. Its about 5mm taller than standard servos. please help

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.