Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
it's for my nephew. im looking for something he can put together as a kit. i can't stand std screws. I had the ten-t and for me, that was one of the MOST annoying thing dealing with that car was the std screws.

i'll try the associated sc104x4. I believe they went metric and it's more of a kit, with just a few parts put together. The shocks and diffs only i believe...

thanks anyways!
I am sorry to hear that. I personally have never heard of anyone not using a vehicle over the screw type but to each his own. I also know the durability of the Losi truck far exceeds that of the AE. I wish you luck with the associated. I hope your nephew is very intelligent as the AE truck is very complex. Again, I wish you the best of luck.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KainK View Post
Thanks man, I looked through the first few pages of google search results for in stock one and could find any in stock. I wish I could have had them by the weekend, 2 big races I am missing.
I was made aware of this issue yesterday, we are working on expediting an order at this time. We have over 600 on order.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

any body know which springs are included with the roller?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D-money View Post
any body know which springs are included with the roller?
It includes the black medium springs front and rear.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

thanks for that quick response
Old 02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Apparently my small lhs ,(in canada) i just was talking to him today, he said that it wasnt on his order invoice even though he put one on order, they do 1 order a week and I belive he put it on preorder 2 weesks ago. He sent his weekly order monday. Who knows If it will be in his order if not I hope they have one on hold for when he does his next order, as I said he put one on preorder through his horizon order system.

So pumped to get this
Old 02-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am sorry to hear that. I personally have never heard of anyone not using a vehicle over the screw type but to each his own. I also know the durability of the Losi truck far exceeds that of the AE. I wish you luck with the associated. I hope your nephew is very intelligent as the AE truck is very complex. Again, I wish you the best of luck.
well said
Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hacker, if you know the the ten scte is much more durable than the sc10 4x4,
in which way is this true? what is weaker on the AE? I just curiouse if you have seen the AE guys breaking specific parts or pieces.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I was made aware of this issue yesterday, we are working on expediting an order at this time. We have over 600 on order.
Thats good to know. I should have mine by the middle of next week thanks to Salad! Like I said before I went 6 months without breaking anything, it just happened to be when stock was running out everywhere. Again thanks for being on top of everythng and on here to keep us informed! +1 on the raise thing!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

in regards of the screws, this is a common annoyance to many. that's why AE went metric on the sc104x4 and also the losi 22.

For the AE durability, have you seen it break down a lot? In regards of complexity, good. That would challenge my 13 year old nephew. Also, have you put one together to state their sc is complex?

Im not here to bash or argue. But your sarcasm is clear. I asked a few question to see if this car meets my criteria. If it doesn't, then it don't. Who cares?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
hacker, if you know the the ten scte is much more durable than the sc10 4x4,
in which way is this true? what is weaker on the AE? I just curiouse if you have seen the AE guys breaking specific parts or pieces.
I dont know what if anything is breaking on the AE, and I am sure its probably a great truck in it own ways! But with more moving parts comes more issues. There are bound to be some in a totally out of the box new design. There has not been any out to the general public to put them through the true tests. The Losi base platform has been out for a while and has been holding up great to all the abuse we have put it through!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Welll when your 88 pages deep in a LOSI thread and you say ur gonna bail and go AE because you like metric screws and a kit instead of roller you might expect SOME kind of sarcastic remarks...
Hey i'm in Canada where all is metric and I have std hex wrenches as well as metric...

I think you were just baiting someone into a response.
go to the AE SCT4x4 thread and read up on the metric truck kit.
theres lots of pages about it too.
Personally i havent owned an AE but I have no issue with them or Losi
but I ordered the Losi.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
Welll when your 88 pages deep in a LOSI thread and you say ur gonna bail and go AE because you like metric screws and a kit instead of roller you might expect SOME kind of sarcastic remarks...
Hey i'm in Canada where all is metric and I have std hex wrenches as well as metric...

I think you were just baiting someone into a response.
go to the AE SCT4x4 thread and read up on the metric truck kit.
theres lots of pages about it too.
Personally i havent owned an AE but I have no issue with them or Losi
but I ordered the Losi.
I just don't expect to see sarcastic remarks from people who work for Losi. IMO that's just bad customer support.

To flat out say that the Associated is not durable or what ever IMO is just wrong to say unless you have driven it yourself. Which I doubt you have sense you are with Losi and the Associated truck is not out. I don't see Associated just giving you a prototype truck when you work for the competition.

It's the same reason why I left the Associated thread. Associated team driver flat out said that their truck could EASILY beat any truck on the market, and they had no problem beating the Losi and everyone elses laptimes.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
I just don't expect to see sarcastic remarks from people who work for Losi. IMO that's just bad customer support.

To flat out say that the Associated is not durable or what ever IMO is just wrong to say unless you have driven it yourself. Which I doubt you have sense you are with Losi and the Associated truck is not out. I don't see Associated just giving you a prototype truck when you work for the competition.

It's the same reason why I left the Associated thread. Associated team driver flat out said that their truck could EASILY beat any truck on the market, and they had no problem beating the Losi and everyone elses laptimes.
I love the fact that Ryan more or less says -my truck will kick your trucks ass.

Last edited by JColeman; 02-24-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: for fun
Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
I love the fact that Ryan more or less says -my truck will kick your trucks ass.
I just say Bring it.

But let me have a sponsored driver driving mine. I suck...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.