Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
ThunderbirdJunkie was hesitant to spend the extra scrilla on the 6040 when he bought his since he had a Savox 1258 already, but it was well spent
you smaat man you makie sense
Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
I know there's a lot of people looking for parts as well as trucks. Pacific Coast Hobbies www.pchobbies.com has 5 trucks in stock. I picked up a second truck yesterday because I needed some parts that aren't yet available. PCH also not only has trucks in stock, but they've got a ton of parts for it that are very hard to find or on backorder in many places. They've got Diff Cups, springs, Aluminum Hinge Pin Covers and a ton of other goods for this truck. I also picked up the Flo-Tek body and can't wait to drop it off with my painter. They always take really good care of me and they've got parts, so I figured I'd share the love. Plus I've wanted to have the best of both worlds regarding the light truck/heavy truck debate. I'm going to run one truck essentially stock with a few upgrades mostly for strength and the other truck, I'm going to be doing the BCE chassis and a ton of things to get it as light as possible. See which I enjoy driving more and keep the other either as a spare, or sell it off. Anyway, give PCH a call (310)-530-7127 if you need anything because if it's a part that's available for the SCTE, then they've most likely got it! Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement, I've got no affiliation with them other than being a happy customer that wants to share my experiences as well as I know a lot of people need/want these trucks or parts, so I'm pointing out where they're available

Extra thanks to Fred for all your help!
Good idea on the 2nd truck! It would be nice to have an super lite one with all the alum bling that never sees an out door track and stays clean and the other a stock heavy (let em flood the track cuz you know they use 4x4 sct to dry it)style that gets all the out door punishment!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
Nice servo but is to slow for me I need to find something else
In this truck and my 22 I do like a slower servo helps my driving!But the torque to pull thru alot of crap without fade or lock is nice on the 7955.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The 3 hole cases ARE the newer RX8s
Old 06-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
that i wouldn't be able to know as i dont have one. I have a castle 3800, but i dont see why not as there is just about 1/4 of an inch from my motor to the chassis.

The only thing i did to this is do a slight little angled cut where the mud guard screw goes in so it wouldn't hit my motor. But if the 550 is an issue i would just cut that nipple in half and the screw or not run a screw and cut that entire nipple off.
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and comments! Guess il have to try one of their chassis! Although as bizzare as this sounds since installing the rc8b rear chassis brace on the stock chassis im not getting nearly the flex in the area that sometimes causes the rear drivline to wobble out, in fact since the new brace the truck is jumping with nearly zero effort from me to avoid nose plants Its kinda nice to give a brake tap rather than having to concentrate so much on throttle input for a more precise landing.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can someone explain why "timing" doesn't benefit the 4pole motors? Castle 3800 and 2400 is what I run.
I tell that to a few and they say I'm incorrect. They still run timing in these motors.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Bartlett View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and comments! Guess il have to try one of their chassis! Although as bizzare as this sounds since installing the rc8b rear chassis brace on the stock chassis im not getting nearly the flex in the area that sometimes causes the rear drivline to wobble out, in fact since the new brace the truck is jumping with nearly zero effort from me to avoid nose plants Its kinda nice to give a brake tap rather than having to concentrate so much on throttle input for a more precise landing.
i didnt have a chance to try that brace, but the bce chassis did stiffen up everything.i would still like to try out that brace with the bce chassis in the future.
Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Can someone explain why "timing" doesn't benefit the 4pole motors? Castle 3800 and 2400 is what I run.
I tell that to a few and they say I'm incorrect. They still run timing in these motors.
eight-e explained it few days ago iirc. i did not notice any "top end speed" as the manual said so all i ended up was with heat issues so both my castles run at 0 timing.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

They are low turn(low resistance) motors and the magnetic field doesn't take as long to build up as a high turn(high resistance) winding does. The high turn motor benefits much more from timing than a low turn motor.

You are much better off to run low timing and gear up with a 4 pole or low turn 550 motor.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Its not that it doesn't "benefit" the 4pole motors..It's more like it doesn't "benefit" the 4pole motors when running on a power heavy n hungry 4wd Short course truck..It's b/c of the weight that 4x4's tend to have causing heat...Timing is not going to help with heat issues imo..
I just read Chris's explanation which I concurr to also..
Old 06-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok, I finally got my 15T pinion in for my truck.
I was having to run a 11T on my 1410 and it was slow. The 15T seems to have woken it up.

I do have a question. If I goose the truck on the pavement the motor spins up and then it sounds as if it is slipping and then the truck catches up and gets fast.

Kinda hard to explain and it has been like this since out of the box.

Anybody experienced this?

I mean it takes off pretty hard but it sounds as if the motor is running a lot faster vs the speed that the truck is going and I know it is not spinning all 4 on the black top.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
From my phone ,I don't need a fancy camera :P

From what I was told by mult guys was its the opposite of what you said . The 3 hole has the issues the 4 hole is the fix.this would make since too because my Rx8 I just bought is 4 hole and mine came from. The most recent shipment

3 hole is the new One.

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
I'm pretty sure the 3 hole is the old design too. The one way to tell is the black heatsink is old and the red is the new. I just use two layers of Parma servo tape and don't worry about the holes. I have 4 rx8's, only one with the red heatsink, they all work flawless. The very first rx8 I bough when they first came out died quick, they replaced it and it's been amazing ever since. No problems for over a year on any of them, I contribute that to the two layers of Parma for cushion! I wouldn't trust screwing it to the battery tray without a layer of Parma in-between. Also make sure your mounting screws aren't to long or they will crunch the board.
3 Hole is New, 4 hole is Old.....Heat sinks don't tell all as some have been upgraded to spec and still have a Black heat sink.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Good idea on the 2nd truck! It would be nice to have an super lite one with all the alum bling that never sees an out door track and stays clean and the other a stock heavy (let em flood the track cuz you know they use 4x4 sct to dry it)style that gets all the out door punishment!
holy crap how true is that? "Well, the tracks a little wet, throw the 4wds out there to dry it up"

Heres a pic from my last race....

Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Ok I broke down and bought an rx8 and a sc4x 5.5. Screw that cheap castle sidewinder. So now, what pinion should I try on it. Small to medium blue groove track outdoors evening/night racing. I have a 15 and 16 to start, they were out of 14 and 17, will I need either of those?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s View Post
Ok, I finally got my 15T pinion in for my truck.
I was having to run a 11T on my 1410 and it was slow. The 15T seems to have woken it up.

I do have a question. If I goose the truck on the pavement the motor spins up and then it sounds as if it is slipping and then the truck catches up and gets fast.

Kinda hard to explain and it has been like this since out of the box.

Anybody experienced this?

I mean it takes off pretty hard but it sounds as if the motor is running a lot faster vs the speed that the truck is going and I know it is not spinning all 4 on the black top.
Well.. since these are direct drive (no slipper/clutch) Id start at the pinion gear and make sure it's not slipping on the motor shaft. Then go to each of your 3 diffs and BY HAND turn one outdrive and the other should rotate the opposite direction with no biding or slippage. Anything unusual found... Id tear it apart before running it any longer.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Bartlett View Post
Well.. since these are direct drive (no slipper/clutch) Id start at the pinion gear and make sure it's not slipping on the motor shaft. Then go to each of your 3 diffs and BY HAND turn one outdrive and the other should rotate the opposite direction with no biding or slippage. Anything unusual found... Id tear it apart before running it any longer.
That is the thing, everything seems to be working fine and nothing is slipping.
Maybe it is the way it is supposed to be?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.