Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s View Post
Same here as all the LHS had was a Ofna 3mm 11t mod 1. I felt the same way on the first battery pack and was like WTF? LOL.

Glad to know it will wake up more when I put the 15T or 17T in it.
You could probably use up to an 18t without heat isssues.I have depending on the track im at.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Did you get a pic of the BCE chassis on the scale also? Because if you did we can use the two pics of the stock chassis on scale and the BCE chassis on scale. That'd be awesome! Congrats, I'm gonna order mine next week. can't wait to get it!
yes i did. i will be posting the rest of them shortly. im having issues with my esc that im trying to figure out for tonight's race

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Hey Ryan....what's all this talk on the "other" forum that the stock chassis bending for a bunch of guys? I guess our guys here are in the minority.

This new aftermarket chassis comes out and all of a sudden you start reading how the stock one is junk.

Some people seem to get on a bandwagon and try and convince everyone there is a problem when there is something new out.
geeez dude. Please quote me where i said its "JUNK". what the hell is wrong with someone upgrading to different chassis? yeah its heavy, yeah its got some flex hence why losi will be coming out with theirs very shortly as well. all im gonna say is that if you dont like the price of it then dont buy it simple as that period, but dont knock on anything if you havent tried it YET
Old 06-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why can't we get a picture of the bce chassis on the scale? First thing I'm going to do is weigh it when I comes in! I just hope it's a little lighter!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57 View Post
You could probably use up to an 18t without heat isssues.I have depending on the track im at.
Really, That would be killer fast down the straights I bet.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

I was concerned yesterday, my rx8 fan kept coming on all of a sudden, it probed 110, then went off, so I did a couple more laps and it was on again probed 110. Last week I was 130/130 esc/motor fan never came on. What do you guys think? I've got the Ballistic 5.5 in there on 5600 60c 2s Trakpower 17Tooth. Profile 2 on timing, it's 25deg I think. It was 68deg @ the track, same as last week.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
Why can't we get a picture of the bce chassis on the scale? First thing I'm going to do is weigh it when I comes in! I just hope it's a little lighter!
gotta love adding some anticipation hahahah

BCE gets rid of this center diff suppor (or whatever you want to call it) which lowers the motor/center diff. Once thats done you'll need half the size of the screws that they originally put in there. I tried to put the stock screws and i bottom them out about half ways in.

see below

bce also stop short in the back so you'll need to leave or cut the left of the mud guard thats hanging out.

since the motor was lowered then the bottom of the motor hits where the mud guard screw goes in so i just took a nice and made an angle cut to it

keep in mind some people here have shaved off more weight than i have so it might show a slightly higher improvement over mine (heaverier mmm over the mmp, havent cut the rx box, 45 gram heavier lipo than others)

Last edited by Mr.juarez; 06-26-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: copying and pasting
Old 06-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

SICK! Thanks for the pics! Can't wait to throw mine together! 75g lighter is a good amount!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I was concerned yesterday, my rx8 fan kept coming on all of a sudden, it probed 110, then went off, so I did a couple more laps and it was on again probed 110. Last week I was 130/130 esc/motor fan never came on. What do you guys think? I've got the Ballistic 5.5 in there on 5600 60c 2s Trakpower 17Tooth. Profile 2 on timing, it's 25deg I think. It was 68deg @ the track, same as last week.
dude 110-130 is cool... Once you get 155 170 be worried.....
Old 06-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
yes i did. i will be posting the rest of them shortly. im having issues with my esc that im trying to figure out for tonight's race

geeez dude. Please quote me where i said its "JUNK". what the hell is wrong with someone upgrading to different chassis? yeah its heavy, yeah its got some flex hence why losi will be coming out with theirs very shortly as well. all im gonna say is that if you dont like the price of it then dont buy it simple as that period, but dont knock on anything if you havent tried it YET
Did I quote you and say that? Wasn't even referring to you....
My issue is people going and spreading lies that the stock one bends and it is happening to all...just not true and for new guys is giving them false info. It's hard enough trying to figure out kv's, temps, gearing..etc.
I'm not knocking anything..actually think the chassi looks sick. Would I buy one...well if it's true the stock one bends easily then yes. Just to save a few oz's...no. My fat girl is fine the way she is.

Last edited by larlev; 06-25-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

SICK! Thanks for the pics! Can't wait to throw mine together! 75g lighter is a good amount!
hell yea!!!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s View Post
It is a decent sized track.

Here is a Vid of what the layout looks like and the size

edit this is a better vid..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loTP0...eature=related
Nice....I would run a 17-18t for that track
Old 06-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So I bought the titanium Chris hinge pins, and also the hardened diff shims today. On his page he says he has an option for people running the carbon pin holders that he can make the pins a little longer and put a clip on the end so people don't have cover the carbon fiber up with the plastic pin covers, I don't have the carbon fiber pin holders yet but I did order the longer pins so I can not use the plastic pin covers figured why not titanium should be lighter than plastic and I don't like the way the plastic looks anyone see this being a problem with the stock pin holders still in? I want the Carbon ones just need to wait a week or two before I spend more money.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Did I quote you and say that? Wasn't even referring to you.... you did not quote me, but it seemed as it was directed to me for swaping the chassis.
My issue is people going and spreading lies that the stock one bends and it is happening to all... there is a difference between "bending and flexing" you're the one making and "SPREADING" the lies. once again please quote me where i said they bend, please do so.Now the shock towers is a different story... unless im spreading lies over the net right? just not true and for new guys is giving them false info. please once again quote me where i gave false info.. thats is if you can It's hard enough trying to figure out kv's, temps, gearing..etc. really? after 800 pages and almsot 13 THOUSAND post and still having trouble finding the right set up?

I'm not knocking anything..actually think the chassi looks sick. Would I buy one...well if it's true the stock one

lol dude dont take this the wrong way im not here by any means trying to bash losi, I freaking love that company im not a pro by any means or know it all, but this is actually the 2nd brushless truck i have. I built my losi8t 2.0 3 months prior or so but threads like this and the search bar becomes your best friend and money saver now a days. With that said im not trying to start a war here just putting my 2 stinky cents.

out to go race
Old 06-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Hey Ryan....what's all this talk on the "other" forum that the stock chassis bending for a bunch of guys? I guess our guys here are in the minority.

This new aftermarket chassis comes out and all of a sudden you start reading how the stock one is junk.

Some people seem to get on a bandwagon and try and convince everyone there is a problem when there is something new out.
This is my post.... Simply asked a question..
Why all defensive?

I asked if you also went by "Forcefed".

And don't be a smart ass....I know now what gearing and kv's are....talking about "new" guys who just bought trucks. It's confusing when you just start out..that is all. Some guys read things not knowing if the guys writing are reputable like Salad, Rage, etc. and buy things not needing them. Costs enough as it is without being told wrong info
Old 06-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Mr.juarez;9305958]gotta love adding some anticipation

that you did, nice pics
were you able to screw in the mud guard where you needed to cut under the motor?

Now I'm thinking that losi will be releasing a team version, not just a new chassis. Esp since they don't have any of their SC trucks in the TLR site

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.