Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable
question folks...about to tear into the truck to put in the lightened HD outdrives...will give me my first look back inside the diffs since the chrispins were put in...

now to my question, before i tear into this thing, i need the truck back together before this weekend and therefore dont need any surprises...other than the outdrives themselves what do i need to have on hand?
I'd snag a couple extra spacers for between the pins on the outdrives and the inside of the diff case, stock there is only the rubber seal and one spacer, at least two of my outdrives needed an extra on there, one needed two I think.. the rear outdrive on the center diff had the most play.

Figure out what diff oils you are going to run and have ready, then Just prey to not find any warn or damaged parts.

PS, jmc23 (Jim) at CRC had a great find.. too bad you are not closer. It's a diff grease!! He's already using it and it's basically stock consistancy.. I plan on swapping to it on my next rebuild. I run grease/grease/2k myself and love it.

He may have some kits available down the road, if there was interest.. maybe..
Old 06-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I got a question, I got the aluminum shock adjusters... well on the rear shock bodies I cant get them past like a couple scrolls, but the front were successful.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Since I will be getting my SCTE Friday and after hearing about the Diff pin issue would there be a way to tell if the truck has updated pins without taking them apart?

Like could I call Losi and give them the S/N which would tell the date it was built and find out that way? I am not sure how long ago the diff pin issue was corrected or how long the truck has been on the shelf.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Losi gods...........Finally won three diffs on ebay from the ten t. Question is, are the ten t diffs any better than the scte diffs?. I plan on using my current chris pins, new hd lightned outdrives, and any extra shims that may be needed. My goal is to have no more diff leaks or super wobbly outdrives.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
Being a machinist, I was wondering why snr didn't make the hinge pin holders with a captured design, say a counter bore for the pins 3mm deep and not thru hole. Just a thought. I bought some but I'm not sure I'll bother putting them on now. Kinda sucks! I ordered ti pins last week and now I want the longer ones. Lame.
i agree....it almost seems like they never took that into consideration what the stock measurements are. the snr carbon is not a direct fit needs minor modification to fit correctly......muck!! but maybe worthn for others for weight reduction.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Losi gods...........Finally won three diffs on ebay from the ten t. Question is, are the ten t diffs any better than the scte diffs?. I plan on using my current chris pins, new hd lightned outdrives, and any extra shims that may be needed. My goal is to have no more diff leaks or super wobbly outdrives.
Pins are about the same, everything else is golden. Replace the pins and you are good to go.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
you might need to swap the diff case on the front from one of your SCTE cases. i found out yesterday that at some point there was a "running change" in the diff cases. my ten-t diff case did allow the front bumper to be mounted properly. it required dremeling.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Pins are about the same, everything else is golden. Replace the pins and you are good to go.
i dont know about golden i just bought a new diff from ebay for out of a ten t and i ran this past weekend and in 5 mins the gears were destroyed. all of the small gears had no teath on them
Old 06-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think the mold is worn out for the gears, either Ten-T or SCTE. The only gears that seem super durable are from OLD ten-T diffs, from months ago. Everything "new" seems to be having issues.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
I got a question, I got the aluminum shock adjusters... well on the rear shock bodies I cant get them past like a couple scrolls, but the front were successful.
anyone have this problem or just me?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
I think the mold is worn out for the gears, either Ten-T or SCTE. The only gears that seem super durable are from OLD ten-T diffs, from months ago. Everything "new" seems to be having issues.
i hope you're right. in the next week or two i'll be tearing into my diffs (OLD ten-t) to install new chris blocks and shims and HD outdrives. i hope to find little to no wear in the gears (i put chris pins in before i ran it, but it was a used truck).
Old 06-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i hope you're right. in the next week or two i'll be tearing into my diffs (OLD ten-t) to install new chris blocks and shims and HD outdrives. i hope to find little to no wear in the gears (i put chris pins in before i ran it, but it was a used truck).
All my diffs are from Ten-T's from about 10 months ago. I've never had any gear problems. I hope you are as lucky as I have been
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ok Quick and easy questions...

Which bodies fit the truck properly?

Which rear chassis brace mod is working the best?

and if i just bought my truck it should be ones with better diff pins yes?

8ight-e - is this grease a special blend or will he sell it online?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Moogumby
Ok Quick and easy questions...

Which bodies fit the truck properly?

Which rear chassis brace mod is working the best?

Most anything for a Blitz or SC10 will fit , most need a little trimming of the front wheel wells .

I just did the stock plastic rear brace from an RC8 and it was a perfect fit and isnt much heavier than stock .
Old 06-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Thanks Salad. Here's a new question. Being we know the mold broke and Losi is working on a new mold, testing, gears will not be available for months.......What the hell are they putting in the new SCTE's that are shipping???????????????????? Test gears?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.