Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mharmer
i have a pro series race next week that i wanted to run it at mine has been ordered for a couple of months also i have all the parts but no truck looking to puchase one just to get me by till my ordered one comes in. i have waited long enough i feel.
don't feel bad.....i'm in the same boat. I have everything else ready to go.....just no Truck to go with it Supposedly Losi just got a shipment in that Ryan said they were checking in yesterday. Not sure when these will ship out and hit shops/stores But hopefully soon
Old 06-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
Thanks for your help. I have a scte on order and I'm installing a mmp and castle 1410. I'm using a hi-tech 645 servo, do you think ill need to install a cap?
You should be good...that servo isn't a power hog. Make sure and get 15-17t pinions for motor. You'll smile everytime you run with that motor....I just put one in and it absolutely rips.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Received my scte last week and I'm in the process of getting it track ready, I have the chrispins which I'm going to install sometime this week when I get a chance. It sounds as though the stock towers typically don't last long so I'm going to go ahead and order some cf ones, I was checking out the snr's and am debating on whether to get the stock ones, or the taller ones for a big bore conversion. Anyone running the big bores and is there a noticeable difference? I've seen someone running some hb ones on there scte but I was planning on going with the ones linked below which should work but I'm curious as to what else is needed besides the shocks and the taller towers? Thanks

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ck-Set-4-8B-8T
Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Received my scte last week and I'm in the process of getting it track ready, I have the chrispins which I'm going to install sometime this week when I get a chance. It sounds as though the stock towers typically don't last long so I'm going to go ahead and order some cf ones, I was checking out the snr's and am debating on whether to get the stock ones, or the taller ones for a big bore conversion. Anyone running the big bores and is there a noticeable difference? I've seen someone running some hb ones on there scte but I was planning on going with the ones linked below which should work but I'm curious as to what else is needed besides the shocks and the taller towers? Thanks

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ck-Set-4-8B-8T
Stock shocks are actually really good. I run 8ight springs on mine w/ the Chris adaptors. Don't think you would notice that big of a difference.

Spend the $100 elsewhere
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have the 3800 and ballistic 4.5 with torque rotor and ballistic 5.5 on the tekin rx8. Right now I prefer the 5.5 it's so smooth compared to the castle. With a 17t the temps are 130/130 pretty good, ran 2 packs with 10min in-between and it came off 140/140. 68 ambient. Running trakpower 5600 60c 2s. Ran it very hard!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

What do you guys think....Losi aluminum or 4mm carbon front/rear towers? Both are going about the same price...
Old 06-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Just got done doing all my diffs with ofna upgrade. Smooth and no more worries about blocks, washers, pins, yada yada. Also as a bonus in the ofna gear kit, the out drive pins are a perfect fit for the cvd pins. My front center cvd pin was too short and would wear the cup and eventually fall out. This happened twice. The pin that comes with the ofna kit is like .3mm longer than the losi pin and fits perfect and uses more surface area of the cup. Should alleviate wear issues hopefully.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Stock shocks are actually really good. I run 8ight springs on mine w/ the Chris adaptors. Don't think you would notice that big of a difference.

Spend the $100 elsewhere
Chris adaptors? What are those? and can you provide me a link? i have an 8ight and it would be great if i could use those springs.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mharmer
i have a pro series race next week that i wanted to run it at mine has been ordered for a couple of months also i have all the parts but no truck looking to puchase one just to get me by till my ordered one comes in. i have waited long enough i feel.

i might for the right price honestly just wait for a new one. they should be here in the next week or so. my local hobby store will be getting 2 on the 24 if i remember correctly. But he put that order about 2 months ago
[/QUOTE]

Do a google search there are lots of hobby shops that have SCTE's in
stock. Thats how I found my AE SC10 4x4 the day after AE released them
it was that easy while everyone was complaining they couldn't get their
back ordered for 5 months SC10's. I googled picked up the phone and got
one just that easy. Pretty simple now days really...

PS: My SC10 4x4 is now up for sale and I'm keeping my (2) SCTE's..
Old 06-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Do a google search there are lots of hobby shops that have SCTE's in
stock. Thats how I found my AE SC10 4x4 the day after AE released them
it was that easy while everyone was complaining they couldn't get their
back ordered for 5 months SC10's. I googled picked up the phone and got
one just that easy. Pretty simple now days really...

PS: My SC10 4x4 is now up for sale and I'm keeping my (2) SCTE's..
[/QUOTE]

yeh a lot have them sitting on the shelf but none of them shops ship or even online buying , makes it hard to get them i have mine all ready but i am trying to buy more and i believe the next shipment in due in stores on the 20th
Old 06-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Hi Guys Just a quick update, Thank you for all of your E/Ms
We do now have the SCTE Pro Chassis Up and running.
Here is a little sneak peek. We will have lots more info and
Some really good racer follow ups here soon.
If you need any other info, you can reach us at the BCESPEED Site.
BCE L1044 LW Pro Chassis.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

mharmer;9270961]i have a pro series race next week that i wanted to run it at mine has been ordered for a couple of months also i have all the parts but no truck looking to puchase one just to get me by till my ordered one comes in. i have waited long enough i feel.

i was the same way. good things come to those that wait. dont buy a used one just wait for the new one during this week coming up.

Originally Posted by Dan
What do you guys think....Losi aluminum or 4mm carbon front/rear towers? Both are going about the same price...
go carbo. i bought the strc and i only had them for one day. added aluminum towers, braces and steering posts which that contributed my over heat my motor.

Originally Posted by NITROALM

holy crap!!!! i want one. is this the same losi chassis or some better as far as material? any testing or info on how its holding up? please post details asap im thats on my list now hahah
Old 06-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
For sure the CF towers. I use the ones from Losi and they've taken a lot of abuse. I've seen the Aluminum ones bend from a few people. Definitely go with the CF towers.

Originally Posted by Moogumby
Chris adaptors? What are those? and can you provide me a link? i have an 8ight and it would be great if i could use those springs.
Here ya go, I was in the same boat as you, so I got them too. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...10-trucks.html
Old 06-18-2011, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
i was the same way. good things come to those that wait. dont buy a used one just wait for the new one during this week coming up.

go carbo. i bought the strc and i only had them for one day. added aluminum towers, braces and steering posts which that contributed my over heat my motor.

holy crap!!!! i want one. is this the same losi chassis or some better as far as material? any testing or info on how its holding up? please post details asap im thats on my list now hahah
Just ordered the chassis, cant wait to run it. Ill definitely post how I like it and other people who have losi's at my local track.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITROALM

be nice to know details. Weight, material, etc... It's not on the site either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.