Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wldmoose View Post
The components in the diffs are kind of a joke. The soft aluminum blocks, the tiny washers that embed themselves into the Al blocks, and worst of all.....no freaking replacement parts avaialble.
I have tried to find the Ofna gear set but they are sold out virtually everywhere.
I love this truck but Losi really needs to get their act together regarding quality control and supply chain management. Six months after release and many key components are still not available. Its getting really old.
The components have proven them selves in many applications. We are working on packaging those shims and blocks in other packages as well so that should take care of things there.

Originally Posted by Chuck 21 View Post
Haven't you heard?? There is no problem with the SCTE diffs, the diff
pins are fine,the diff blocks and shims are fine,the gears are strong, the
diffs don't leak, the diff out put cups don't wear out and theres lots of
parts out there if you need them..... LOL" .....
Oh Chuck, of course you would post this...

Originally Posted by Lon_L View Post
I wouldnt expect much response from Losi. Vocal or parts. I was one of the first to report and ask for gear sets . I try not to slam anyone in my posts, and eachtime I have said how good the Losi Drives. But I have not received anything directy from Losi in a post or mail other than the gear pins.

I still say this a great driving truck. It is just a shame that the parts are sub standard.
Lon...I personally have responded to you and I am a Losi representative...aside from that, we do our best to get everyone taken care of and sometimes things slip through the cracks. I can assure you that we at Losi take care of our customers.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Oh Chuck, of course you would post this...

Sorry" I just couldn't resist"
Old 06-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

yeah, but what are the dimensions of the shims?? 3mm hole by......?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

From what I remember, 3mm ID, 5mm OD, .1mm thick.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
yeah, but what are the dimensions of the shims?? 3mm hole by......?
The true size is 3.25 x 4.40 x .20 but 3mm shims work great.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The question is how do all the diff problems make it thru testing? It's not like were running 6s on a 2650kv, everyone is running the same combos the Testers were running. I've only ran two packs thru my truck I bought 2 weeks ago, I figured parts wouldn't be a problem. I've been a aerospace machinist for 19 years, heads would be rolling at my shop if any of the parts were failing on a $300 assembly still after 6 months? We get huge parts back from heat treat in a week, I'm cutting titanium and 55 Rockwell 4030 Dailey @500 surface feet .005 per tooth lol! The diff pins would only take our lathe dept about a week to do 10000 pins, this is rediculus IMO! These companies act like there's some extensive R&D going on with these toy cars, it's so easy they should be ashamed. Get on it LOSI! Everyone is buying parts from Chris and they should need to, it's B.S. I would fire the GM at the shop that's making your parts/not making your parts.

I should also mention I love the product though, it's a beast!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All right, you guys need to help me out. I installed my Castle 1410 tonight and got everything hooked up. I took the car outside and hit the throttle and the truck was in reverse, keep in mind it was fine with the Tekin 4.5t. So I recaliberated the controller to the ESC and the same thing. So I thought I would reverse the throttle in the transmitter. Now I have 50% forward and full throttle reverse. I am puzzled, in the Castle Link the motor direction is set to normal. What would cause the throttle to be reverse? Is the easiest way to switch the motor direction in Castle Link to Reverse? I heard performance suffers if you do that?

Oops, ESC is Mamba Max Pro.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default shock caps

Anyone know whitch aluminum shock caps are lighter the losi or the st racing concepts ones .
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey View Post
All right, you guys need to help me out. I installed my Castle 1410 tonight and got everything hooked up. I took the car outside and hit the throttle and the truck was in reverse, keep in mind it was fine with the Tekin 4.5t. So I recaliberated the controller to the ESC and the same thing. So I thought I would reverse the throttle in the transmitter. Now I have 50% forward and full throttle reverse. I am puzzled, in the Castle Link the motor direction is set to normal. What would cause the throttle to be reverse? Is the easiest way to switch the motor direction in Castle Link to Reverse? I heard performance suffers if you do that?

Switch the motor wires around.
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Switch the red and black motor wires.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Switch any two wires going to the motor.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Switch the red and black wires on the esc. White wire in the middle.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post

Lon...I personally have responded to you and I am a Losi representative...aside from that, we do our best to get everyone taken care of and sometimes things slip through the cracks. I can assure you that we at Losi take care of our customers.
Ryan, If I missed a response to me , I truly apologize for that part of my statment. I however do not recall any post directed to me or quoting any of my comments. My intention was not to call you out, but more of to vent what I think is pretty accurate how Horizon is more about Manufacturing Cheaply than Properly, and their apparent choice to not replace the entire Inner Diff assembly (minus outdrives) for each of the diffs to each person making the first purchases of the truck. We were the ones who tested the vechicle with the production parts. We are the ones who had the vechicles that have to sit on shelves because of previous issues, .

I have said atleast two times that I remember that "I think you did a great job on the design of this truck and that ALL of my frustration comes from HH side.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Are we really going to start on this diff thing again....seriously. Stop running 3 cell, 1/8th scale motors and bashing....do the required maintenance and race it on 2 cell. For the guys running the pins before changing them this is a reason for most of the issues and I'm sure someone will say "I did".... sorry no one believes you....lol I have 60-70 packs on mine and just recently cleaned all the diffs....no wear noticable....no leaks.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kerby View Post
Are we really going to start on this diff thing again....seriously. Stop running 3 cell, 1/8th scale motors and bashing....do the required maintenance and race it on 2 cell. For the guys running the pins before changing them this is a reason for most of the issues and I'm sure someone will say "I did".... sorry no one believes you....lol I have 60-70 packs on mine and just recently cleaned all the diffs....no wear noticable....no leaks.
If you are directing that comment to me , you are terribly misinformed and you should read my previous posts to make yourself aware before making negative and badly incorrect statements in print.

If you are somehow not directing that at me, " Have a nice day"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.