Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarqueeRc View Post
WoW!!Lmao!!I wont say I told you so..
Well it didnt fry or over heat, it just fell apart. After running it for about a year with it on my 2wd and 3months on the 4x4 I can GLADLY say I got my 90 bucks worth! However Im so glad I went with the rx8, I couldnt be happier and now I want the tekin 4pole when its out.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
been over many time before i see you went with a RX8 which is a great move

but yeh not sure why castle just dont put a good esc with the 1410 motor ? its a no brainer i would think but then i am not in the marketing department so they must know best some infeild testing would go a long way with a few of these products

had a run on a different track yesterday and i can honestly say i see no reason to make it any lighter? why spend $$$$$ on making it lighter when you can more then likely just buy a whole new roller for less then the upgraded light parts?

maybe i think different to others but having hundreds of dollars in spares is just a waste in my eyes and i will have another roller in the cupboard ready to use or steel parts off and it would be much cheaper to do it that way?
I absolutely love the weight lose with my truck. I can noticably feel a loss of weight. My truck with body and battery is 6.6 pounds and it feels like a whole different truck from the ARR. Plus you will get a noticable battery increase..
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post

had a run on a different track yesterday and i can honestly say i see no reason to make it any lighter? why spend $$$$$ on making it lighter when you can more then likely just buy a whole new roller for less then the upgraded light parts?

maybe i think different to others but having hundreds of dollars in spares is just a waste in my eyes and i will have another roller in the cupboard ready to use or steel parts off and it would be much cheaper to do it that way?
I'd much rather have one really fast truck, than 2 average trucks Once you have driven a superlight SCTE, there's really no disputing that being lighter makes the truck come alive in all regards. If you are a driver that routinely molests all the yellow tubing you can find, sure, it might not be something you want to do. However, if you are looking to win A mains against good drivers, shaving weight will go a long ways to helping shave seconds off your race times.

Besides, why not spend the money to make your truck as competitive as it can possibly be? 200$, 300$, really is pretty insignificant when you factor in the gas money, food money, entry fees, and all the other razzle dazzle you spend money on throughout the race season. Personally, I feel a bit better when I get wins to show for all that money I have "invested" in my racing program.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
I absolutely love the weight lose with my truck. I can noticably feel a loss of weight. My truck with body and battery is 6.6 pounds and it feels like a whole different truck from the ARR. Plus you will get a noticable battery increase..
I thought I was happy at 6.6, then went crazy and am now down to 6lbs 1oz It's a night and day difference. All the benefits of the weight you lost already, just become greater as you go
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I thought I was happy at 6.6, then went crazy and am now down to 6lbs 1oz It's a night and day difference. All the benefits of the weight you lost already, just become greater as you go
HOW?!? I cant wait for the new chassis also.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
HOW?!? I cant wait for the new chassis also.
I still have a stock weight chassis

Titanium turnbuckles, titanium hingepins, titanium front 8-32 pivot bolts, carbon fiber hingepin holders, shock towers, ackerman, and center diff top brace. All 5-40 nuts have been changed to aluminum. The last of the 8-32 bolts are now associated aluminum. Shaved ring gears, bored axle shafts and 17mm aluminum hexes. Lightened HD outdrives. Ditched the radio tray and 2/3rds of the battery tray. 4 pole tenshock motor instead of the heavier 550 can motors. Ditched 3/4th of the rear bumper. Plastic screws in the stock body number plates instead of the stock steel ones. AKA tires and wheels which are the lightest out. DE wheels. 330 gram Lipo.

And probably a few things I am forgetting

AFter playing with some scales at the last race, I was 2.5 ounces lighter than the AE truck with 550 motor, and 1.5 ounces heavier than a slash 4x4 with a 550 motor, all with similar batteries.

With the new Losi chassis, I should be sitting at 5lbs 14.5 ounces, and will probably call it quits on the diet program
Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
I had them on and noticed right away the pins fit in shorter with the carbon plates and knew that they had a chance of popping out if they take a hit just right.
Well, my suspicions were confirmed and as I was finishing the race that I already won by 3 laps I just had to try and lap my competition just one last time for fun and grabbed a handful of throttle without traction first and went front right arm into a pipe going really fast as I passed the loop.
Both suspension pins on the right arm side were broken and so was the right side of my SNR tower too.
So in the end the carbon plates work well but will not take hard hits.

Not true, I just open up my diffs and drop it in my ultrasonic cleanr and walk away.
After a couple of cycles they come out clean like they were brand new.
That IS easy but convenience does cost and that IS the hard part
lol you got me on that one. i havent found anything that will break down this silicon diff fluid.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
I'm in a debate with myself over lightening this thing up, on one hand the heaviness is a handling benefit on the other I can't resist to drop another $200 into it for mods. Are you guys thinking lighter is better on this truck? I'm thinking of buying all the losi aluminum. Shock Towers, abcd plates, braces, ect... The question is would it be lighter after that?
The truck would actually be heavier. The only aluminum upgrade that I know of that will shed weight is the hingepin holders. In pretty much every other case I know of, aluminum will be heavier than the stock part.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok cool, thanks for the advice! I'm on it!
I have a hyper 10sc that is lighter than the bump 2.0 and the extra weight of this truck is actually enjoyable for over all handling but I am aware of the benifits of lightening I have 8 rc's that have the best money can buy, I spent over $20,000 on RC in two years lol! I actually added up my paypal and was trippen! My last project was a RC18B2, I put almost $700 in mods! All carbon and titanium everything! Bullit Proof From point blank range lol!
The Losi is on it's way!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby View Post
Yeah T-bone bumper. Just mounted it and fits perfect
try the Tbone 10t not tbone scte bumper if you like way less bumper and less weight. The Tbone scte bumper is just too long and heavy IMO

Old 06-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
RS Pro - Wrong
Tekin Redline 4.5T - Wrong

RX8 - Right
SC4x 4.5T - Right
SC4x 5.5T - Even Better.

The SC4x 4.5T has been plagued with heat issues (unless you do some ESC tweaking via hotwire) so I just can't see the RS PRo and a Redline 4.5T having any better luck. I'd go with what the experts say and also what's on the first page of this thread. Just my .02.
So it's pretty obvious that the RX8 is the ESC to use for the SCTE, but what motor? I was going to go with the SC4X 4.5T but saw this post. Anyone using the Ballistic 550 4.5T?
Old 06-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
So it's pretty obvious that the RX8 is the ESC to use for the SCTE, but what motor? I was going to go with the SC4X 4.5T but saw this post. Anyone using the Ballistic 550 4.5T?
I have ran both the SC4X 5.5 and 4.5 motors and currently running the 4.5 . Just need to reduce a little timing on the ESC and still have more than enough power while not overheating .
Old 06-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

+1 The carbon chassis is a success and glad I did it
Had to bold that
And let's not forget take their driving to the next level with an agile race rig whatever the class
Got a link for that chasis?
I have donr a few things to lighten and tough it up, CF towers, alum toe blocks, alum rear hubs, modded rear chasis brace, front alum brace, got the hd outdrives, tit hinge pins and links on order.
Id love to get some links for the cf akerman, new chasis and diff top plate.
this weekend im gunna shed some weight from the stock stuff like battery tray and r/x box.
Even as heavy as this kit is its freekin awesome!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
I use the speed passion gt 2.0 Works awsome, does sensored and sensorless, easy to program, has boost and timing, and its smaller, lighter, and only 134 bucks.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omenwolf View Post
Got a link for that chasis?
I have donr a few things to lighten and tough it up, CF towers, alum toe blocks, alum rear hubs, modded rear chasis brace, front alum brace, got the hd outdrives, tit hinge pins and links on order.
Id love to get some links for the cf akerman, new chasis and diff top plate.
this weekend im gunna shed some weight from the stock stuff like battery tray and r/x box.
Even as heavy as this kit is its freekin awesome!!!
I made it myself and it is not that hard.

CA glued the outside perimeter (the reason why it's hanging)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.