Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 PM
  #11701  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
mjealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,193
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
Test drove mine today @ 4 seasons with mmp, 3800 4pole, trakpower 2s 5600 60c, jr z8800s. It's a small indoor clay track, ran 13t pinion and the esc was @ 140+ in like 5 min. Put a power cap on the RX and esc was under 120 motor 115. Pretty awesome truck, moved the rear shocks out one on the arms, other than that I was very impressed!

Next week I'll be testing RX8/Ballistic 4.5 with the 14mm rotor 3850kv

Here's my 1hr paint job, I was to excited! not my best work! I figure this first body wont last long!
Hey just curious of what your setting were if you used Castlelink? What kind of power cap did you put on it?
mjealey is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 08:23 PM
  #11702  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by per4m28 View Post
right and makes it too thick with plastic hinge covers....not a good fit especially the front and rear inboard braces.
Just drill/tap another hole next to the pin hole, and use a small button head screw to hold the pins in. Should be an easy fix.

The OFF carbon pin holders that use the Losi Inserts are awesome. Too bad the dang inserts aren't available from losi yet so they can be made available.

The stock steel, and the Losi aluminum pin holders are both heavy. The carbon ones offer a great way to shed over an ounce.
Ridley is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 08:25 PM
  #11703  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default Steel diff bushings

Hey guys,

I'm looking at making a run of steel diff bushings for the SCTE. Please see this thread if you are interested:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9246462

Thanks,


Chris
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 PM
  #11704  
Tech Apprentice
 
afaberc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 62
Default

went and did a little testing with the truck today. man i love driving this thing. I never leave the track unhappy, smile the entire time!!!!
afaberc is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 08:38 PM
  #11705  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
SCTRacerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
just a heads up on the biggest sct only race in ohio 2nd year running. if u guys are in the area this weekend dont miss this one. lots of giveaways including a sct truck kit. hope to see some of u losi guys helpin us whoop up on the AE trucks

www.dirthills.blogspot.com
Hey Im really thinking about going to that, what tires are you guys running out there? Think Ill sign up mon or tues thanks for the heads up, I was going to go to another race but all SCT's is the SHIZZNIT...
SCTRacerX is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:27 PM
  #11706  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Idaho,
Posts: 729
Default

For those near Sacramento, J Concepts is july 1st thru july3rd. I will be there. Come race or watch, would like to meet some of the fellow losi followers.
SC_RAGE is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:41 PM
  #11707  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
R.Bryant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Discovery Bay CA
Posts: 137
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
does anyone have the SNR cf hinge pin holders on there truck? if so how do you like them and can you post a pic?

Im running them. Fronts fit right in. On the rear i had to dremel the front cover a little to get to fit. Sorry dont have any pics but so far so good.
R.Bryant is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
  #11708  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
Hey Im really thinking about going to that, what tires are you guys running out there? Think Ill sign up mon or tues thanks for the heads up, I was going to go to another race but all SCT's is the SHIZZNIT...
Signing up at the track shouldn't be an issue, I think he just does the online stuff to get shirts ordered.

In 4x4, enduros, cityblocks, or calibers work well. Perhaps Gridirons or megabytes as well. No tire I ever tried was terrible there, it's pretty forgiving on tire choice.

It's the best race of the year IMO. Track is superb, people there are awesome, Don is a great host, and there's a ton of goodies to handout. It's an absolute must attend race for anyone in Ohio that has a SCT

But bring mosquito repellant. Once the lights go down there, they can get bad since it's surrounded by farmland. The track is well lit so racing there in the evening is a blast.

The track also sheds water awesome, so don't let some scattered rain change your plans. At this race last year, it poured for 3 hours and we still got the race in and had a blast.
Ridley is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 10:30 PM
  #11709  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
10sctrel0v3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Titusville, Fl.
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

3 hours of rain..that would make for one sticky track and A LOT of cleaning
10sctrel0v3r is offline  
Old 06-13-2011, 03:20 AM
  #11710  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Jstall7543's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Down Town Olympia
Posts: 3,106
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Arrow

Originally Posted by mjealey View Post
Hey just curious of what your setting were if you used Castlelink? What kind of power cap did you put on it?
I put a spektrum cap on there. The big one, it was $6.00 The throttle is set to linear no other changes. I didn't think it would work but it did. Truck ran great after that. I tried the cap because the truck was slow enough as it was with a 13t. The cap fits right in the radio box under the little cover with the 3 screws.
Jstall7543 is offline  
Old 06-13-2011, 04:37 AM
  #11711  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
SCTRacerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Signing up at the track shouldn't be an issue, I think he just does the online stuff to get shirts ordered.

In 4x4, enduros, cityblocks, or calibers work well. Perhaps Gridirons or megabytes as well. No tire I ever tried was terrible there, it's pretty forgiving on tire choice.

It's the best race of the year IMO. Track is superb, people there are awesome, Don is a great host, and there's a ton of goodies to handout. It's an absolute must attend race for anyone in Ohio that has a SCT

But bring mosquito repellant. Once the lights go down there, they can get bad since it's surrounded by farmland. The track is well lit so racing there in the evening is a blast.

The track also sheds water awesome, so don't let some scattered rain change your plans. At this race last year, it poured for 3 hours and we still got the race in and had a blast.
OOh man it has lights???!!! Thats sweet!! Now Im excited!! I guess I ll order some enduros right now and hope they make it lol.
SCTRacerX is offline  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:14 AM
  #11712  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
DoogieLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Alfred, FL
Posts: 1,363
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zzI7-pOM54

A few laps around the RC Asylum's Summer Nitro Slam track layout...not exactly 1/10 friendly!!!
DoogieLee is offline  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 AM
  #11713  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (215)
 
racerx1920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,925
Trader Rating: 215 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro0619 View Post
just a heads up on the biggest sct only race in ohio 2nd year running. if u guys are in the area this weekend dont miss this one. lots of giveaways including a sct truck kit. hope to see some of u losi guys helpin us whoop up on the AE trucks

www.dirthills.blogspot.com
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I'll be there Lots of super fast guys showing up, it will be a chore just to make the show, let alone win

ill be going ad of right now
racerx1920 is offline  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:26 AM
  #11714  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
per4m28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Just drill/tap another hole next to the pin hole, and use a small button head screw to hold the pins in. Should be an easy fix.

The OFF carbon pin holders that use the Losi Inserts are awesome. Too bad the dang inserts aren't available from losi yet so they can be made available.

The stock steel, and the Losi aluminum pin holders are both heavy. The carbon ones offer a great way to shed over an ounce.
yes, i installed a keeper in there although my other concern was the hinge pin covers had rear stoppers to secure gearbox that the carbon ones dont at the end I ended up slightly shaving part of the hinge cover to make fit.

Last edited by per4m28; 06-13-2011 at 06:49 AM.
per4m28 is offline  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:46 AM
  #11715  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 381
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
For those near Sacramento, J Concepts is july 1st thru july3rd. I will be there. Come race or watch, would like to meet some of the fellow losi followers.
Nice! I'll come out and watch for sure
LRPO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.