Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
I've never heard of any track not allowing a person run due to LED's or reflective stickering. I'm not sure what ROAR's stance on it is, but I doubt unless you're running at Tebo, Cavalieri and Mayfield's level would any track not allow it. Even at the big races, in the sportsman classes I'm sure they'll overlook it. Now as far as it being distracting to other drivers...I'm not that good of a driver, I'll take any advantage I can get...hmmm...maybe I should start running some LED's
Lights don't help moose all that much! I think they look cool but they are quite annoying to look at when trying to race.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF View Post
4x4 SC is starting to grow a bunch at Revs. It's nice to push these things to the limits at large tracks like this. Sure, my truck is dirtier running here than say a nice indoor clay track like WCRC or OCRC, but a little Simple Green, WD-40, and the air compressor makes the truck shine like new in just a few minutes. You should try out the track, it's a blast, and the nitro buggy guys are always wondering how these SC trucks are going so fast these days.

And man, onroad at Revs, that was way back in the day before I even moved to LA...
Yeah, I was out of the sport for almost 15 years between the onroad at Rev days and getting back into it just over a year ago lol I really think I'm gonna have to make it out there some weekend soon. it does look like a lot of fun!

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Lights don't help moose all that much! I think they look cool but they are quite annoying to look at when trying to race.
You bring up a good point ohhh poor Moose, at least he brought the Cow-bell out to the track, it seems to be getting plenty of use If he and I both run LED's maybe we can distract you enough to keep you within two laps of us
Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Where or what kind of track are you running? I'm running at OCRC which is a high bite indoor clay track. My experience with the grease out of the box, was that it pushed on fast on-power turns, but would rotate like a top in off-power turns. It was kind of difficult to get used to at first and I found it looping out at the end of fast parts of the track where you break such as at the end of the straight. But was fantastic on tight turns where you rotate into them and power out of them. It did take a while to get used to and it also felt a little inconsistent. But it seems a bit more consistent now that it's gotten broken in and heat cycled many times over, I've gotten really used to it and like it a lot. I still haven't run oils yet and have been running the grease since I got the car the first week it came out, so I don't have anything to compare it to other than my 1/8th scale car. I do like it though as of now. Once more parts become available, I'm going to build new diffs with either 5-5-3, 5-5-2 or 3-3-2 and keep the old ones filled with the grease, so I can go back and forth and see what I like the best. I know Ryan's working on trying to get the grease packaged to make it available to those who do like the feel of the grease better than oils.
I was running on a high bite track with some loose spots. The owner just changed the track to clay and we run slicks now. When I had grease it just seem to push hard coming out of a corner, and handled much better with 5-5-3. I think everybody has opinions on various set-ups....what works for one person doesn't for the other. This truck is very good on the clay track. I drove the AE 4wd and they a tough to drive, glad I went with the Losi.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kerby View Post
I was running on a high bite track with some loose spots. The owner just changed the track to clay and we run slicks now. When I had grease it just seem to push hard coming out of a corner, and handled much better with 5-5-3. I think everybody has opinions on various set-ups....what works for one person doesn't for the other. This truck is very good on the clay track. I drove the AE 4wd and they a tough to drive, glad I went with the Losi.
If you are on slicks you may want to go even higher on your diffs. Try 7 in the front and maybe even the center. The higher the traction tyically the higher the diff oils. If it works great the way it is don't change anything but just a suggestion.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you are on slicks you may want to go even higher on your diffs. Try 7 in the front and maybe even the center. The higher the traction tyically the higher the diff oils. If it works great the way it is don't change anything but just a suggestion.
I live in Michigan and the tracks around here range from hard medium bite, sandy, or loose top soil. My local track has a great outdoor track and we only race the clay track during the winter or if it rains. 5-5-3 seems to give me a middle of road set-up for various tracks. Once winter comes around I will try the 7-7-3......what handling changes should I expect with the higher oils in the front and middle on the high bite track??
Old 06-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF View Post
Here's a vid of the new layout at Revs. Fun layout, but can be tough on SC trucks. New layouts are always a little tough at first.

I was having issues, especially under the lights, on the backside triple triple. I was taking it as a double single triple (which is a good line), but there were times from the driver stand where I just couldn't line it up or I would lose orientation of the truck for a second and it would cost me in turns or setting up for jumps (you'll spot at times where my cornering is slow, or obviously the second time I hit the triple I was way off line).

Those of you that run on larger tracks where sight can be an issue, especially at night under lights, other than more practice, is there anything you do to make it easier to stay consistent?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
After watching your vid I would say that flourescent or white wheel would not be a bad idea either. I haven't tried it yet but I do know someone that uses those yellow lense glasses. He says it brightnes everything up. May have to try it one day.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I agree , I have raced with a guy that had one of those ProLine Hummer SCT lids with about a dozen white LED's in the front and some red LED's in the rear of the thing .

I could see it out of the corner of my eyes the whole time and it did make it harder too concentrate on my car . I was not the only racer that felt that way and he does not race with them on now .

I am sure ROAR has some kind of ruling against lights on a car during a race .
Old 06-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default LOSB3569

Any one have an ETA on part LOSB3569 (Diff gear set) I have been waiting patently and am starting to lose my cool.

I have a truck lying useless for too long.

Any other gears I can throw in it?

Any advise or directions would be great at this point.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

As for having trouble seeing at night

I have seen guys throw LEDS on top of the center diff and they light up the windows on the truck super bright.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reno911 View Post
Any one have an ETA on part LOSB3569 (Diff gear set) I have been waiting patently and am starting to lose my cool.

I have a truck lying useless for too long.

Any other gears I can throw in it?

Any advise or directions would be great at this point.
First post... Ofna diff hybrid
Old 06-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cackswayn View Post
First post... Ofna diff hybrid
Sadly those are also on back order, at least the sites I buy from...

I might just break down and bid high on a whole diff from the bay!

Still curious if any Losi or Horizon folks roaming around here have a decent idea to an eta on the stock part.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Are there any other gears that will fit ? I have Chris`s pins coming and would like to replace the gears with something that fit those pins instead of changing everything over to Ofna .
Old 06-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kerby View Post
I live in Michigan and the tracks around here range from hard medium bite, sandy, or loose top soil. My local track has a great outdoor track and we only race the clay track during the winter or if it rains. 5-5-3 seems to give me a middle of road set-up for various tracks. Once winter comes around I will try the 7-7-3......what handling changes should I expect with the higher oils in the front and middle on the high bite track??
More forward bite and steering will not be quite as twitchy.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just to make it clear to everyone. only the spider gears will work in these diffs. so if you are looking for a complete set of gears then you will have to get them threw Losi/HH
Old 06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
There is no 'match' for this and I've yet to hear a shout out from Ryan or Casper as to any availability to the grease. I agree 100% the grease has an awesome feel and is my first choice to run for the front and center. I will say a 2k diff oil is great in the rear and top pick.

The closest I can find to a similar feel to the stock grease is a 3k 3k for the front and center. So total would be 3,3,2..

I honestly think it's more like a 4k feel so if you wanted to mix a 3 and 5k bottle for a custom blend and run 4,4,2 I think you would get as close to the grease as you can w/ oils... still not the same but close. This setup does work great, I don't like 5k in any of them and would go w/ 3k given the choice... I run on some high bite and med bite tracks too and still would take 3k over 5k in the front and center.

Rear always seems best on 2k

my 2c hope it helps get you going.

Thanks for the info.
If the Losi grease is not available does anyone make something similiar?
Also assuming no one makes a 4k oil is that why your mixing? Sorry if its a dumb question but up until now everything I've raced has a ball diff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.