Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
How do you compare to Chris A. because that dude is fast. He put two laps on me in an 8 min main. I am mediocre but I still notice a blur when it goes by.
He's a blur to me too....

Nobody up here can beat him...at least I've never seen it.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by larlev
He's a blur to me too....

Nobody up here can beat him...at least I've never seen it.
That will make Bill's day as he got him on our track. Chris ran second on a new layout that is bigger then he's used to and outdoors.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jayh50
For those of you using a personall transponder, where do you have it mounted? During one of the heat races I was in last week, mine only counted two laps. The first heat it was fine. I have it mounted to the chasis in front of the motor, and was wondering if that may be a poor location?
Check out my post and pics from a previous post. Mine.is mounted on the front shock tower.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15
ok guys i have seen all the set-up pages and they are all very helpful thanks

question though is anyone running 1 of these trucks on a small tight indoor high bite clay track approx 14 seconds per lap

any set up hints to make changes on compaired to others set up hints for larger tracks?

here is the track i am talking about , there is a stock set up losi , the green and black car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcaHjujQkY
wow, you wernt kidding small and tight
Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r
wow, you wernt kidding small and tight
no not kidding its on every thursday night with 40 + SCT great fun and very competitive thats for sure

just looking for that edge in set up , i have been in the top 5 with my older hyper now with the new losi i want to hopefully go better and faster
Old 06-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gottahaveit
Hello
Been racing the SCTE a few weeks now and I just love the truck. I have 2 TQ's and one win and my son in sportsman has 2 TQ's and 2 wins. Getting ready to do some maintence on it. Just got my Chris pins last week. My question is I love the way the truck feels with the grease in the diffs. What diff oil combo will give me the same feel?
Thanks in advance.

Good luck getting an answer to this question. Theres many on here
asking for an answer to this almost daily and they never get an answer.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jayh50
For those of you using a personall transponder, where do you have it mounted? During one of the heat races I was in last week, mine only counted two laps. The first heat it was fine. I have it mounted to the chasis in front of the motor, and was wondering if that may be a poor location?
I mount mine to the top plate just behind the front shock tower that covers the servo saver. There's an unused hole where the 810 body mount would be. I just use a screw to mount it in that spot using one of the tabs on the personal transponder.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15
no not kidding its on every thursday night with 40 + SCT great fun and very competitive thats for sure

just looking for that edge in set up , i have been in the top 5 with my older hyper now with the new losi i want to hopefully go better and faster
To date I haven't seen any thing from anyone saying they can get diff silicone to feel the same as the grease. Might wanna leave the grease in. Pretty sure grease is made to last forever lol. Well at least a long time. Seems like everyone loved the stock grease on the scte, I wish I would have ran it with the grease before, first thing I did was pull the diffs apart, and changed the diff fluid. Owell at least I don't know what I missed. Not a great answer, but think it's about as good as you will get. A lot have been bugging losi to sell the grease after market, and they said they would look into it. So keep your fingers crossed I guess.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gottahaveit
Hello
Been racing the SCTE a few weeks now and I just love the truck. I have 2 TQ's and one win and my son in sportsman has 2 TQ's and 2 wins. Getting ready to do some maintence on it. Just got my Chris pins last week. My question is I love the way the truck feels with the grease in the diffs. What diff oil combo will give me the same feel?
Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Chuck 21
Good luck getting an answer to this question. Theres many on here
asking for an answer to this almost daily and they never get an answer.
There is no 'match' for this and I've yet to hear a shout out from Ryan or Casper as to any availability to the grease. I agree 100% the grease has an awesome feel and is my first choice to run for the front and center. I will say a 2k diff oil is great in the rear and top pick.

The closest I can find to a similar feel to the stock grease is a 3k 3k for the front and center. So total would be 3,3,2..

I honestly think it's more like a 4k feel so if you wanted to mix a 3 and 5k bottle for a custom blend and run 4,4,2 I think you would get as close to the grease as you can w/ oils... still not the same but close. This setup does work great, I don't like 5k in any of them and would go w/ 3k given the choice... I run on some high bite and med bite tracks too and still would take 3k over 5k in the front and center.

Rear always seeems best on 2k

my 2c hope it helps get you going.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

More like 10-10-10....I thought the grease was horrible, thick and nasty. It also causes increased motor and ESC temps.....changed mine out to 5-5-3, dropped 30 degrees and handles much better.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

How do you compare to Chris A. because that dude is fast. He put two laps on me in an 8 min main. I am mediocre but I still notice a blur when it goes by.
The top few in sc 4x4 are lucky if they can stay on the same lap as him. Tyler and I run mid 17. Chris A is running 16s!!! Can't touch him... He's just as fast with his 1/8 as his sc.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
More like 10-10-10....I thought the grease was horrible, thick and nasty. It also causes increased motor and ESC temps.....changed mine out to 5-5-3, dropped 30 degrees and handles much better.
Not even close to 10/10/10 ;P Granted I've run 2k oil in the rear from early on, but I've run both ways now and my motor temps were actually lower on the stock grease and I had slightly faster lap times. So I guess you have some data to back those claims up with some trials LOL
Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That will make Bill's day as he got him on our track. Chris ran second on a new layout that is bigger then he's used to and outdoors.
He prob hasn't driven outdoors in 2 yrs.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Not even close to 10/10/10 ;P Granted I've run 2k oil in the rear from early on, but I've run both ways now and my motor temps were actually lower on the stock grease and I had slightly faster lap times. So I guess you have some data to back those claims up with some trials LOL
Don't have time to compile data.....same indoor track, same layout, same motor and ESC set-up.....175degrees with grease 140's when I changed to 5-5-3. As far as handling, the grease pushed like crazy and didn't rotate well through the corners. The grease is definately thicker than my current set-up of 5-5-3. Maybe I'm one of the lucky souls that received a better truck...lol...I switched out my pins after 3 packs....40-50 packs on it before I did diff rebuild and everything looks perfect....no wear on my blocks, gears like new and it's smooth as butter.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

The problem I found running the grease was it would change after it heated up, the lube seems to stay consistant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.