Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helmsey
I got a chance to run my SCTE this weekend for the first time against several "other" new 4x4SC trucks and had a good weekend. It could have been much better if I had checked the screw on my servo horn before the main, turns out if it backs all the way out and falls out with 42 seconds left in the main you will loose your lead fast. Still ended up getting 3rd but would have much rather had the win
I was running 5/5/3 with a MMP, Castle 1410, 16t pinion, and the truck was flying with JConcepts Subcultures. This setup was working well with a track that was rather loose.
Hmmmm, rumor has it Tebo had the same problem leading the A at the Nationals....

Proving NO ONE is perfect!!!!

Sorry 'bout that - I didn't see Hacker's post 'til after I'd posted this!!!

Last edited by Chris K; 06-06-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default personall transponder

For those of you using a personall transponder, where do you have it mounted? During one of the heat races I was in last week, mine only counted two laps. The first heat it was fine. I have it mounted to the chasis in front of the motor, and was wondering if that may be a poor location?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jayh50
For those of you using a personall transponder, where do you have it mounted? During one of the heat races I was in last week, mine only counted two laps. The first heat it was fine. I have it mounted to the chasis in front of the motor, and was wondering if that may be a poor location?
Mounted mine in the radio box. I had to remove the tabs to do this.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jayh50
Mine is velcro'd to the top of the receiver box, have yet to have any issues with it there.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ok guys i have seen all the set-up pages and they are all very helpful thanks

question though is anyone running 1 of these trucks on a small tight indoor high bite clay track approx 14 seconds per lap

any set up hints to make changes on compaired to others set up hints for larger tracks?

here is the track i am talking about , there is a stock set up losi , the green and black car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcaHjujQkY
Old 06-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
My understanding is more parts will be arriving all month and this should get stock on most stuff back up to normal with Horizon having stuff on there shelves to fill orders. Most everything that has been coming is has been filling back orders. So some shops are getting stocks back up and most places will be able to get what they want very soon.

Not sure what you "need" The diff pins and rear bumpers and arms should all be updated in the new kits. Anything else you would want would be hopups.

Carbon towers
Adjustable pivot mounts
Lightened HD outdrives
Alum rear hubs
Alum servo arm
etc.
So all new shipments will have all the issues addressed? I'm getting really antsy about picking up one of these beauties but have been holding off until all the issues are resolved. Is the droop screw wear on the chassis still an issue? Do we still need to use the larger screws?

I see outdrives as one of the common hop ups on the first page too. Is this a must off the bat or just replace them when they wear?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DBL15
here is the track i am talking about , there is a stock set up losi , the green and black car

Hole crap that track is small. I think I've got more room in my one car garage.....and it's got all of my hobby stuff, all of my tools, a Honda Valkyrie and a Harley Fat Boy stuffed in there.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
Hole crap that track is small. I think I've got more room in my one car garage.....and it's got all of my hobby stuff, all of my tools, a Honda Valkyrie and a Harley Fat Boy stuffed in there.
if you had have said double garage then i would have to agree with you but its a bit bigger then a 1 car garage
Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jim R
Well, I went out to A-Main and i was a day late and a dollar short. Anyone know where I might find a SCTE? I'd like to have one for a big race next weekend.
There are 2 on eBay right now at Pacific Coast Hobbies. They are $317 shipped ups ground. I bought one last night and it shipped out today! Delivery on the 9th by end of the day. They are in Cal, I'm in WA! Good luck!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
So all new shipments will have all the issues addressed? I'm getting really antsy about picking up one of these beauties but have been holding off until all the issues are resolved. Is the droop screw wear on the chassis still an issue? Do we still need to use the larger screws?

I see outdrives as one of the common hop ups on the first page too. Is this a must off the bat or just replace them when they wear?
All the new shipments have the hardened diff pins. There are no other "issues" to speak of. We have updated some parts but that is just to make them even stronger.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
All the new shipments have the hardened diff pins. There are no other "issues" to speak of. We have updated some parts but that is just to make them even stronger.
ryan by chance do you know when your next shipment is expected?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
Wow!!! In that track speed isn't required just skills. I bet it's very challenging.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15
ok guys i have seen all the set-up pages and they are all very helpful thanks

question though is anyone running 1 of these trucks on a small tight indoor high bite clay track approx 14 seconds per lap

any set up hints to make changes on compaired to others set up hints for larger tracks?

Try 40w(f), 25(r), shocks middle/outer, firm springs up front...I use 8ight springs silver(f), green(r). For me it works great since track is high bite and smooth.
For outdoor I just change oil to 35(f), 30(r) and put on red(r) springs.

I'm still new and not the fastest by any means, but this setup works and is easy to change back and forth.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by larlev
Try 40w(f), 25(r), shocks middle/outer, firm springs up front...I use 8ight springs silver(f), green(r). For me it works great since track is high bite and smooth.
For outdoor I just change oil to 35(f), 30(r) and put on red(r) springs.

I'm still new and not the fastest by any means, but this setup works and is easy to change back and forth.
How do you compare to Chris A. because that dude is fast. He put two laps on me in an 8 min main. I am mediocre but I still notice a blur when it goes by.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are Still 2 on eBay right now at Pacific Coast Hobbies. They are $317 shipped ups ground. I bought one last night and it shipped out today! Delivery on the 9th by end of the day. They are in Cal, I'm in WA! Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.