Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Wow Fork, that was sick ness! Completely absurd Heli-Skills,great vid Thanx for sharing...Track needs sum water... LOL
Dug into the front shaft and need a complete unit no biggie,it is avail as a complete unit.What I thought was a lil Chin -see ..was that the drive pin is held in place by a plastic cover....alum would just make sense here fer sure!!!
I herd the slasher didn't work out for ya saturday, rumor is ya got spanked by a 2 wheel?? Lol
Hopefully you get the truck fixed by friday, so you can run the new layout at pegasus. I herd its gonna be pretty sick!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default replacement diff pin

not sure if everyone is noticing or just the set i got is bad. changed my front diff oil last night and i noticed that the losi hardened replacement pin is showing some wear after 2 races(weds). had the 'chrispins' for 4 races and showed no wear at all.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just curious why would you take out the Chris pins and put the new losi's in, just to check them out???? I have had my chrispins in since i got mine about a month ago and i got about 25 packs through before i wanted to change the oils for a different track and there wasnt the slightest bit of wear and my blocks still look new, no ovaling.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I got a chance to run my SCTE this weekend for the first time against several "other" new 4x4SC trucks and had a good weekend. It could have been much better if I had checked the screw on my servo horn before the main, turns out if it backs all the way out and falls out with 42 seconds left in the main you will loose your lead fast. Still ended up getting 3rd but would have much rather had the win
I was running 5/5/3 with a MMP, Castle 1410, 16t pinion, and the truck was flying with JConcepts Subcultures. This setup was working well with a track that was rather loose.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
i would of gotten those also if my lhs had them in stock, ill grab a set this weekend
same thing happened to me.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I met up with the guys from Viper at DCR today for some vid and photos. Rage had the honor of kicking the Losi around all day along with the AE. Losi had zero issues all day, the AE made it half a pack and died... Front end locked up, didn't rip into it.

While the packs where charging Weylin breaks out his Heli and sweeps the track, made for a cool video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

SWEEEEEEET!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helmsey View Post
I got a chance to run my SCTE this weekend for the first time against several "other" new 4x4SC trucks and had a good weekend. It could have been much better if I had checked the screw on my servo horn before the main, turns out if it backs all the way out and falls out with 42 seconds left in the main you will loose your lead fast. Still ended up getting 3rd but would have much rather had the win
I was running 5/5/3 with a MMP, Castle 1410, 16t pinion, and the truck was flying with JConcepts Subcultures. This setup was working well with a track that was rather loose.
Sounds like you and Tebo had the same issue this weekend. Haha, yeah, put a dab of threadlock on that screw and let it dry, then screw it in. Should take care of this.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omenwolf View Post
Just curious why would you take out the Chris pins and put the new losi's in, just to check them out???? I have had my chrispins in since i got mine about a month ago and i got about 25 packs through before i wanted to change the oils for a different track and there wasnt the slightest bit of wear and my blocks still look new, no ovaling.
i had to try it. chrispin went back in.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody in here have any spare sun gears they would be willing to ship to me? i need at least 4 of them
Old 06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Wow Fork, that was sick ness! Completely absurd Heli-Skills,great vid Thanx for sharing...Track needs sum water... LOL
Dug into the front shaft and need a complete unit no biggie,it is avail as a complete unit.What I thought was a lil Chin -see ..was that the drive pin is held in place by a plastic cover....alum would just make sense here fer sure!!!
Yes the coupler is being redesigned to use a set screw to hold the pin in place.

I just tore my truck down last night and checked all that stuff out. Everything looks great. I know it is problem for some though as I have heard more then a few reports of the pin wearing through the platic coupler over time. I would consider this a wear item but is being adressed from what I have been told anyway!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default kyosho gears

Does anyone know if i wanna do the kyosho upgrade to my diffs do i need to do all 3 diffs to maintain proper gearing or can i just do 1 at a time? rear diff gears went on me yesterday. thank god i have 2 sets of diffs. I was in second in my A main with 2 mins left and the sad thing is i raced the whole day with my kick up section of my chassis broken off. and didnt have one problem with that. I absolutely love this truck, i race against ofna's durango's and sc10's granted we all have our problems but the losi definitly has less than all of them. as the guy stated in a previous post a pro race version would be great. i have many of the upgraded parts and try to buy spares when money allows but the diffs definitly need addressing way to much slop in the outdrives. I just purchased the lightened outdrives for one set of diffs but those arent exactly cheap either, just short of a 50.00 bill. and selling the internal orings and shims in bulk packs would be great too.

Last edited by jmc23; 06-01-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmc23 View Post
Does anyone know if i wanna do the kyosho upgrade to my diffs do i need to do all 3 diffs to maintain proper gearing or can i just do 1 at a time? rear diff gears went on me yesterday. thank god i have 2 sets of diffs. I was in second in my A main with 2 mins left and the sad thing is i raced the whole day with my kick up section of my chassis broken off. and didnt have one problem with that. I absolutely love this truck, i race against ofna's durango's and sc10's granted we all have our problems but the losi definitly has less than all of them. as the guy stated in a previous post a pro race version would be great. i have many of the upgraded parts and try to buy spares when money allows but the diffs definitly need addressing way to much slop in the outdrives. I just purchased the lightened outdrives for one set of diffs but those arent exactly cheap either, just short of a 50.00 bill. and selling the internal orings and shims in bulk packs would be great too.
Are you talking about the Kyosho shims, or diff gears? Because I don't know of anyone running Kyosho Diff gears, several are running Ofna diff gears with Kyosho shims. If that's what you were talking about, there's a few people running them on here and may be able to help you out and all the part #'s are on the first page post. As for me, if I was going to do them, I'd do them all at once, but if I remember correctly and I could totally be wrong on this, but I think the gear ratio on the ofna gears is the same, which is probably why it works to begin with.

BTW, that's wild that the kick up broke off and you were still able to finish. That's a real testament to how awesome these trucks are!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by omenwolf View Post
+100
Old 06-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 215 (100%+)

i think this has been posted but what is the weight of the carbon tower, vs the milled aluminum ones, and the SNR carbon center top plate over the stock one

i looked on the first page before asking this to no one needs to say look at the first page there is alot of info on that
Old 06-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hello
Been racing the SCTE a few weeks now and I just love the truck. I have 2 TQ's and one win and my son in sportsman has 2 TQ's and 2 wins. Getting ready to do some maintence on it. Just got my Chris pins last week. My question is I love the way the truck feels with the grease in the diffs. What diff oil combo will give me the same feel?
Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.