Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmc23 View Post
So anyone know the proper way to build these diffs without them leaking? I'm not complaining just asking . I watched the Drake vid on YouTube. I'm using the black grease. Making sure the mating surfaces are flat . Used green slime and all . I fill them to the top with the sun gear on and level it off and install the top piece. Orings have been replaced. I've noticed a lot of play in the outdrives . I alternate between 2 sets of diffs change lube every 4 races. I really don't have a ton of time on the truck under 20 6min races . I do have the lightened outdrives to install on one set of diffs. Just waiting on rebuild kits to finish up. Like I say I'm not complaining. Just looking to make sure I'm not missing anything. A beefier diff set would be great. My losi 2.0 buggy never has issues. Thanks
If your breaking them apart every 4 races....are you replacing the gasket? It's not made to be kept in and reused. Gaskets don't work that way.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is there any performance improvement with aluminum hubs? Is it worth it to upgrade bearings? What makes the expensive bearings better?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

they are more expensive thats why they're better LOLOL

Go to acers or bocas website and read up on bearings
Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

[for the ones that leak, we have noticed that if you sand the diff case, it uaually takes care of it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what/where are you sanding?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyclev View Post
[for the ones that leak, we have noticed that if you sand the diff case, it uaually takes care of it.
Exactly what/where are you sanding?[/QUOTE]

Lightly sand the plastic diff case opening and make sure it is flat. Place against a glass table and make sure there are no high/low spots where diff fluid can leak from.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF View Post
Exactly what/where are you sanding?
Lightly sand the plastic diff case opening and make sure it is flat. Place against a glass table and make sure there are no high/low spots where diff fluid can leak from.[/QUOTE]

also I use a very thin layer of black rtv (I mean thin) my leaks stopped from that side and I used a thicker o ring inside on outdrives don't know what size I have a bin of tiny o rings at work .
Old 06-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

my diffs only leak out of the outdrives. Going try to shim them I guess..
Old 06-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looks like Amain has a bunch of parts for the truck back in stock and the kits back in stock also. If your thinking about getting one go pick it up. You will not be disappointed, picked up the W last night with mine by a lap and a half. Ive almost got mine dialed!!!!!! Only other thing is trying to get the temp in my motor down ive taking all timing out of it and still high possibly thinking about going over to a tekin rx8/sc4 seems guys are able to get those to run cooler.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Speedpassion silverarrow v10

http://www.tamiya-model.com/shop/spe...-90028606.html

Looks like you can still get these from this site, they have all the turns and cheep to.
I have the 4.5 and its a wicked motor best 550 out there. Im sure saladfork can agree on that one to
Old 06-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Be very careful with the temps on those motors. They are sesnitive. But very fast. the 3.5 is insane for offroad. Demands alot of power.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
my diffs only leak out of the outdrives. Going try to shim them I guess..
pull your outdrives out and put some grease on the shaft of the outdrive. you can see a notch around it, that helps keep the grease in there. helps with the leaking.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
Be very careful with the temps on those motors. They are sesnitive. But very fast. the 3.5 is insane for offroad. Demands alot of power.
I run the 4.5 with a 16t pinion and a little timing and turbo boost. Comes off around 165. After a 6 min main.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
I run the 4.5 with a 16t pinion and a little timing and turbo boost. Comes off around 165. After a 6 min main.
nice, i did alot of testing on those motors. Impressive for the cost. Im currently working for viper r/c so now its my new setup. The esc is really nice. sensored only but the combo is really smooth and rips through the corners.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fastpineapple View Post
Looks like Amain has a bunch of parts for the truck back in stock and the kits back in stock also. If your thinking about getting one go pick it up. You will not be disappointed, picked up the W last night with mine by a lap and a half. Ive almost got mine dialed!!!!!! Only other thing is trying to get the temp in my motor down ive taking all timing out of it and still high possibly thinking about going over to a tekin rx8/sc4 seems guys are able to get those to run cooler.
Would this be the second round of shipments with the REVISED diff pins? Thinking really hard about one of these trucks. Got a few buddies that have them and they love them. Their trucks were from the 1st shipment, so all they did was change out the diff pins and that was it. No Problems anywhere else.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fastpineapple View Post
My rx8 always came off at 80 degrees. Cant go wrong with that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.