Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've got a question to help me troubleshoot my truck. It just started doing this.
When I turn off power it does a 180 actually a little past a 180 and for the life of me I don't know why it is doing it. When I turn on power even a lttle power I don't have a problem. ALso the diffs are 5-7-2

Other question is I just got the silver and gold springs-what is recommended for the front and the back of the truck. Right now I have silvers all the way around and the gold are just sitting.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dogwood174
Huh..........One of fastest guys in VA has has a Losi TenSCTE since they came out with no problems, original pins, RS Pro, no fan which he likes better than the RX8, says it is smoother hooked to a SC4x...go figure.
sayin!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default a few upgrades and a mod

Got a couple upgrades and did a few mods.

A few guys i know are bending their rear driveline cause the chasis has too much flex with that tiny rear brace. So I added and old chasis brace to the rear of the kit to stiffen it up a bit. I used an old plastic brace from my mugen tekno kit(mugen has the aluminium one)I had to dremel the rear mount spot a little skinnier to fit. Then i measured the mount hole on the bottom and drilled and countersunk the holes and it fits perfect. I showed it to a few guys that have the kit without telling them what i did and most of them couldnt spot it. It looks stock. There is still a little out flex but when you squeeze the towers in it wont budge.

I also got the front and rear toe mounts, and they are waaaay lighter than the stock steel ones and have adjustable bushings. Im running stock positions for the moment untill i can figure out what i wanna do. i like the rear stock i may raise the front forward a bit for a little better steering.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Wow that does look stock. It's even notched a bit for the drive line to bad it's on the wrong side for this to work. That's a good idea...
Old 06-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jurquhart
I've got a question to help me troubleshoot my truck. It just started doing this.
When I turn off power it does a 180 actually a little past a 180 and for the life of me I don't know why it is doing it. When I turn on power even a lttle power I don't have a problem. ALso the diffs are 5-7-2

Other question is I just got the silver and gold springs-what is recommended for the front and the back of the truck. Right now I have silvers all the way around and the gold are just sitting.
With this car, I would always try to stay heavier or at least the same in the front versus the center as far as oil. Try 7-5-2 or 5-5-2 or even 5-5-3. The lighter center helps it transfer power better and the heavier rear will help lock the rear in a little more.

As for springs, I would start with the black up front and the silver in the rear. The silver up front is too soft.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
With this car, I would always try to stay heavier or at least the same in the front versus the center as far as oil. Try 7-5-2 or 5-5-2 or even 5-5-3. The lighter center helps it transfer power better and the heavier rear will help lock the rear in a little more.

As for springs, I would start with the black up front and the silver in the rear. The silver up front is too soft.
hm, idiotic noob question...5-5-2 means front-middle-rear or rear-middle-front? I thought lighter in the rear, but Ryan's comment makes me think I'm wrong as hell.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Front, middle, rear
Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by larlev
Front, middle, rear
which is what I thought, but why're you sayin heavier rear Ryan?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lowroad
which is what I thought, but why're you sayin heavier rear Ryan?
He said stay heavier in front than center...which would be right
Old 06-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by omenwolf
Got a couple upgrades and did a few mods.

A few guys i know are bending their rear driveline cause the chasis has too much flex with that tiny rear brace. So I added and old chasis brace to the rear of the kit to stiffen it up a bit. I used an old plastic brace from my mugen tekno kit(mugen has the aluminium one)I had to dremel the rear mount spot a little skinnier to fit. Then i measured the mount hole on the bottom and drilled and countersunk the holes and it fits perfect. I showed it to a few guys that have the kit without telling them what i did and most of them couldnt spot it. It looks stock. There is still a little out flex but when you squeeze the towers in it wont budge.

I also got the front and rear toe mounts, and they are waaaay lighter than the stock steel ones and have adjustable bushings. Im running stock positions for the moment untill i can figure out what i wanna do. i like the rear stock i may raise the front forward a bit for a little better steering.

]
Your use of cable snake is great....I'm gonna borrow that idea. Have a ton of the stuff for my DTX3's. Never thought of that.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by larlev
He said stay heavier in front than center...which would be right
Originally Posted by hacker07
The lighter center helps it transfer power better and the heavier rear will help lock the rear in a little more.
Maybe he meant 3 in the rear as opposed to the 2 the Op was running.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lowroad
Maybe he meant 3 in the rear as opposed to the 2 the Op was running.
Ah..I see what you mean. Promise you it's F,C,R though.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GaRsNoW
I just got my SCTE up and running yesterday, and I took it straight to the track - and what a blast!! This thing surpries the heck out of me with the amount of torque, traction, steering... everything! Great purchase

I do have some adjusting to do so im hoping to get some pointers. I am having trouble exiting corners under moderate throttle. The backend likes to get real slippery and Im constantly fighting it to keep it straight. Im running 5-7-3 in my diffs, would putting 5 in the center help? Im also running Losi 30wt in all shocks, 2 degrees of camber in front, and 3 in the back. And yes, I am running the correct tire for my track, which is a clay high bite track.

Any suggestions?
I'm running 5-3-2 and it's on rails. Pulls like a frieght train comin' out of the corners.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I don't worry about my diff oil to much any more... 12 pack in and all the diffs are leaking like crazy.... Grease only helps so much
Old 06-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Rookie

I just want to say that I have had alot of dealings with customer service people and tech support at various times.

But I have never experienced the incredible customer service that I received from EVERY R/C company that I have dealt with. From dealing with a broken bumper at T-Bone, to getting an order that I place at 4:00 pm on Friday from Amain the next day (Saturday) at 11:00 am. Viper has gone above and beyond my expectations on helping with a problem I created. I have not used my ESC from them yet, but the service I have received, has created a continued customer. Castle, Tekin, Thunder Power and Horizon have all listened and helped with various problems or situations usually resulting in them replacing a product that I broke through no fault of theirs. They just want a satisfied customer...that does not apply to alot of other companies I have dealt with in the past.

I have broken many items, maybe some seamed like they should not have broken then others parts I am amazed that they did not break. But the help and support I have received from the companies and from fellow people at the tracks has really been inspiring.

I am new to this sport/hobby but I am addicted and alot of that has to do with the information/experiences you guys post here and the people at the tracks.

Thank You.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.