Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

On a bit more technical note.
I'm looking at the tenshock for the losi as there seem to be pretty good reports and it has a 5mm shaft so it doesnt need cheesy adapters.
I'm assuming the 4000 is the better chioce for the losi over the 4600.
My truck is still 100% stock except for chrispins, 7-7-3 and Calibers.
the smallest pinion i have is a 15 so i guess i should get a 11-12-13 combo for that thing.
Opinions?
Old 06-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Questions??

I just got my SCTE up and running yesterday, and I took it straight to the track - and what a blast!! This thing surpries the heck out of me with the amount of torque, traction, steering... everything! Great purchase

I do have some adjusting to do so im hoping to get some pointers. I am having trouble exiting corners under moderate throttle. The backend likes to get real slippery and Im constantly fighting it to keep it straight. Im running 5-7-3 in my diffs, would putting 5 in the center help? Im also running Losi 30wt in all shocks, 2 degrees of camber in front, and 3 in the back. And yes, I am running the correct tire for my track, which is a clay high bite track.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GaRsNoW
I just got my SCTE up and running yesterday, and I took it straight to the track - and what a blast!! This thing surpries the heck out of me with the amount of torque, traction, steering... everything! Great purchase

I do have some adjusting to do so im hoping to get some pointers. I am having trouble exiting corners under moderate throttle. The backend likes to get real slippery and Im constantly fighting it to keep it straight. Im running 5-7-3 in my diffs, would putting 5 in the center help? Im also running Losi 30wt in all shocks, 2 degrees of camber in front, and 3 in the back. And yes, I am running the correct tire for my track, which is a clay high bite track.

Any suggestions?
I would definately go down inthe center oil, that really can help with this truck, think at least 5, maybe even 3. You may want to take out some of that front camber, it can result in some pretty snappy end of turn steering. Also, try 27.5 in the rear and if you can find them, the silver springs.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GaRsNoW

Any suggestions?
I also run high bite clay....what I found works great for me is 40w front, 25w rear, and 8ight silver springs front and green rear. Not sure what they translate into scte spring rates. My fronts are 4.4 and rears are 3.1. I also run 5,5,3 in diffs. I have maybe .5 degrees of camber in front.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xxfile
On a bit more technical note.
I'm looking at the tenshock for the losi as there seem to be pretty good reports and it has a 5mm shaft so it doesnt need cheesy adapters.
I'm assuming the 4000 is the better chioce for the losi over the 4600.
My truck is still 100% stock except for chrispins, 7-7-3 and Calibers.
the smallest pinion i have is a 15 so i guess i should get a 11-12-13 combo for that thing.
Opinions?
Been told same thing 4000kv for stock truck, 4600kv for lightened truck..say around 6lb 1-3oz mark. Mines at 6lb 12oz..and I like it that way.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DavidR
Alright guys... He's gone again.

ONCE AGAIN... I WILL HANDLE THE TROLLS!

You guys just ignore him.

I myself usually try to give guys the benefit of the doubt.... BUT... It seems this guy AND his "roommates 11 year old son" BOTH end all of their sentences with dashes instead of periods. Kind of a dead giveaway.
Is it RCman again?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
mine was doing the same thing, but i either dropped or had the spacers that do int he anchor holes the wrong way. it turned out to be the anchor rubbing the head of the screw that goes to the toe link end. i found the missing spacer and put it on the bottom side so it will give the anchor about 1/8-1/16 lift and the screw wont hit the anchor when they cross each other
i did noted dat the chamber ball(with collar?) is in a direction where the rod end sits higher and may rub at the top when at full droop. i may change it the other way to try out, but it will probably change the chamber center as well.
anyone knows how the chamber center affects the handling ?
thanx
Old 06-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LRPO
Is it RCman again?
Hahahahaha I was thinking almost the same thing.
First we had rcman/traxxasgal=idiot
Now its stone racing/same guy/stone racing va=arrogant(actually another word that i dont care to post)
Old 06-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default scte body

Hey does anyone have a stock SCTE body that they could post the overall dimensions (length and width). I bought my SCTE used without a body and was just wondering what the size was.

Jay
Old 06-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

I'm new to the RC scene, but I do have a question since it was brought up.

How long does it take normally for a new product to have replacement parts in stock on a regular basis? While I don't agree with previous posters attitudes, the general thoughts I do agree with. If we are say 9mths in to this and still no parts...I would tend to wonder what is going on.

Just curious if this is a normal RC thing?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jayh50
Hey does anyone have a stock SCTE body that they could post the overall dimensions (length and width). I bought my SCTE used without a body and was just wondering what the size was.

Jay

21.5"x 11.5"....give or take a 1/16"
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev

How long does it take normally for a new product to have replacement parts in stock on a regular basis? While I don't agree with previous posters attitudes, the general thoughts I do agree with. If we are say 9mths in to this and still no parts...I would tend to wonder what is going on.

This isn't bad of a wait at all. Especially since losi is revving the product while they are producing it. You should have been around for the slash4x4 that was redicules!!! And they weren't even fixing problems!!!Mimed gears take awhile to get out. This seems like more of a vendor problem then an actual losi problem. Plus losi has three kits that are all using the same parts. That's alot of demand for certain wear parts.

Are you going to race in the June series?
Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev

I've been an early adopter on this truck, the 8ights, the Kyosho MP9 and strr, and slash 4x4.......every one of those rigs had parts shortages and nagging issues. Usually, in about 3 months the parts shortages are over and there's fixes to the nagging issues. I wish those other vehicles had issues I could solve with 15$ like the SCTE I won't even get into the MP9 issues. For 900$ you'd have thought the thing would be perfect. Well......it wasn't
Old 06-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cackswayn
This isn't bad of a wait at all. Especially since lose is revving the product while they are producing it. You should have been around for the slash4x4 that was redicules!!! And they weren't even fixing problems!!!Mimed gears take awhile to get out. This seems like more of a vendor problem then an actual losi problem. Plus losi has three kits that are all using the same parts. That's alot of demand for certain wear parts.

Are you going to race in the June series?
That answers it....I was just curious.

Yes, plan on racing. I better....with all the cash I have spent on these trucks...LOL
Old 06-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
well, it's a temporary fix unitl my 8th scale esc arrives. I'll be gentle. Sort of...

No fans, I don't do fans. Cap doubling, ok maybe. I know it's not "recommended", this is totally at my own risk, but there sure are a lot of cheesier and comparable esc's being recommended/used in this rig. thanks!
Huh..........One of fastest guys in VA has has a Losi TenSCTE since they came out with no problems, original pins, RS Pro, no fan which he likes better than the RX8, says it is smoother hooked to a SC4x...go figure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.