Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STONE RACING View Post
Yea eveyone has different gear but I run 7955 or 7940 and even in my buggies on 4s they need the external BEC- If you hook youre stuff up and it works roll with it but if it gltches at all the bec is $20 and takes 5 minutes to solder. The glitch busters usually wont cut it.
2 trucks...4mths...cap installed and zero glitching. Spektrum/savox/mmp

Works for me....maybe I'm just the single lucky person.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

IF X-RAY built a SC truck none of this would be being discussed but since its made by Losi you can count on stripped screws, cheap plastic, cheap shock towers and obviously the pitiful diffs- My Losi sure drives fine but its a POS from the factory PERIOD.
1. The Diffs all need to be replaced by LOSI not just the pins. Just fine after a plenty of charges
2. The Shock towers bend if you breath on them. Breath Mint
3. Screws and Plastic are a JOKE if you dont think so go build an X-ray product.better talk to the big three about this, several million cars on the road at risk
-The only reason this forum is so big is because of the ridiculous amount of failures resulting from a poor product. PERIOD. possibly, but may also be the fact that it is the most dominant truck to hit the market ..PERIOD..
I know if LOSI doesnt fix this crap and soon (Its taking way too long and nothing but excusses) this will be the last product I buy from them.
I feel sorry for the poor LOSI reps on here- if you're company (not you) had done a better job you wouldnt be wasting huge amounts of company time on complaints that you cannot fix.
Bottom line is the truck has major issues and none of it has been corrected by losi other than sending out some more crappy pins- re-design the diffs and give them to owners no charge as you should and write off your losses and learn from these mistakes. You didnt from the XXX-STRIKE OUT.

If you have a problem please post it and dont worry about idiots telling you to quit bad mouthing the product.
Its a free country and I fought for my right to say whatever the hell I please. and these moderators and magazine companies all cater to the manufacturer- Have you really ever seen a bad review in a magazine- and if you say something negative on here they may delete youre post. That should tell you a little something.
Seriously....Just because you may or may not have fought for your right to
"public" free speech, does not give anyone the right to bash in a privately owned and operated forum!! But because you said I could....

The other thing is that yes...there are problems with the SCTE, but it is a race truck....PERIOD I know plenty of people that race this truck week in and week out that do not have these issues.

You will for a fact, regardless of how hard a metal is, accelerate the wear between it and another metal object if the sheer force is increased or accelerated....Hmmm pretty sure both of these are happening in most cases.

Dear Losi,

Please build me a truck that is light enough to reach the speed of sound with a watch battery and motor. Second though, can it also be strong enough for my 3800KV on 6s, and be able to rip the front end off of other trucks, and haul a yard of dirt for my garden. Please keep the price low, and if my sister the elephant sits on it and it breaks....well, expect another ridiculous letter from me!!

Thank You,
Ann 'El Inversion
Old 06-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK View Post
I'm damn sure.. lol
Keep ur pants on wes........I've seen the pics too

Oh gosh this will confuse everyone else......

Back to Losi now lol
Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Haa haa... Pants are on but the gloves are OFF.. literally..

You haven't seen the most recent pics..
Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Suspended

Default CASPER

Casper you are off youre rocker- X-Ray parts are easy to find even for their newest vehicle- A-MAIN HOBBIES - STORMER HOBBIES loaded with anything you need so quit bs'ing everone, I know its youre job to support this poorly made product-you just listed a whole ton of excuses again - "buy upgrades to make it race worthy"- "the MOLD BROKE"-(Dude in his basement is faster than LOSI) Im glad it did cuz it needed a new one-
YES I am winning with the truck and I drove the Jammin(won with that won too) and YES that had even more issues just too fragile all around.
The truck was not ready to be sold. If someone tested it then if they missed what we all found in 5 minutes you guys should look into some new testing procedures. Quality out of the box is poor. If youre destroying gears in minutes somebody screwed that one up big time. I have read every page on here and bought 2 from A-Main first day-
F- ROAR and that dumb 2s rule- keep burning up youre 550 motors and 2s batteries- this truck screams 3s just fix the freaking diffs not just the pins like the crappy ones just sent to me.
Thank god for everyones diff solutions or this truck wouldnt be winning crap.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

FWIW I run a 540 motor in my Losi and it stays nice and cool.
Castle 1410 FTW!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Suspended

Sorry but X-Ray quality is far superior as far as materials. Shock towers, plastics, screws. I dont even need to think about it to stand behind that statement.
The LOSI is the BEST driving SC truck yes.
The Losi 8ight E 2.0 I owned seemed to be built by a different company than this SCTE. Not just 1/8 scale compared to 10th scale.
And CASPER The LOSI 8 2.0e sells for around $500- same as the X-RAY 808e- $499 at Stormer.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Well horizon finally called me back...

rep said just because "i keep reading it on the net" doesnt mean there is an issue and losi wont do anything about it unless there are hundreads of them known lol. after i mentioned the people i talked to and the people that pointed me towards horizon and that i can provide proof of purchased truck, all the sets of diff rebuilt kit i have bought and what the truck is doing then he said he will ship some out.

this is hopefully until losi resolves the issues, but i got a set of ofna ones and im trying to find a set of teflon ones locally to try them. if i find a better solution to this ill give the ones i get from horizon to someone that needs them
Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Man this forum is out of control. I have been racing....."racing" my SCTE since day 1...1-2x/week. I made diff pins and haven't looked back. I'm running 100% stock(except pins) including the shock towers. Let see what I've broke or bent............ZERO!!! My outdrives minimal wear and yes I run 2 cell, RX8 with the Tekin 4.5 550 can motor. I hate to see all the negativity because not everyone is having issues, maybe I'm just lucky.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry but X-Ray quality is far superior as far as materials. Shock towers, plastics, screws. I dont even need to think about it to stand behind that statement.
The LOSI is the BEST driving SC truck yes.
The Losi 8ight E 2.0 I owned seemed to be built by a different company than this SCTE. Not just 1/8 scale compared to 10th scale.
And CASPER The LOSI 8 2.0e sells for around $500- same as the X-RAY 808e- $499 at Stormer.
I guess it's easier to work on material selection when they just rip off losi's 8ight for the geometry huh? The 808 was pretty blatent in that regard.

Having had both of them, I will say the xray metal parts are top notch. The Spring steel drivetrain was very nice. However, the bearings that came with the kit were abysmal, and even though it was a near direct ripoff of the losi design, the car NEVER handled as good as a losi. NEVER. And because of that...the brand is extinct here in offroad racing...despite it's nice spring steel drivetrain Xray will fail again with a SCT if they don't spend as much time on whats makes a truck fast, rather than nice etched parts and nice outdrives

Personally, I think guys are blowing this Losi drivetrain issue all out of proportion. I have as much time as anyone on the ten-t, scte platform, and I have really not had any problems that far out of the ordinary. The pins were weak, replace them with any number of options. Done Deal. I ran ten-T pins, and while not immune to wear, worked for months on end. Washer wear? For the love of god just buy some more washers, it's nearly as easy as typing about them wearing out. I have never had a Diff failure keep me from finishing a race, and I've finished and won a LOT of them. Do the diffs need a little extra TLC..Yes they do. Are the diffs time bombs waiting to happen?..not even close. I think there's way too many 2wd guys buying these complaining about the maintenance....but it's maintenance inherit to ALL 4wd vehicles. It's the nature of the beast, and the bottom line is.....on the track, nothing else even comes close to the SCTE yet. So buy something else and get smoked with it...it's your money
Old 06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kerby View Post
Man this forum is out of control. I have been racing....."racing" my SCTE since day 1...1-2x/week. I made diff pins and haven't looked back. I'm running 100% stock(except pins) including the shock towers. Let see what I've broke or bent............ZERO!!! My outdrives minimal wear and yes I run 2 cell, RX8 with the Tekin 4.5 550 can motor. I hate to see all the negativity because not everyone is having issues, maybe I'm just lucky.
Yes Kirby you are 1 in a 1,000.
1. You hade to buy or make something to make the truck even usable
2. Read all 700+ pages and find 1 without a problem. U cant.
You may be one of the lucky few. I bought 2 sets chrispins for both my trucks and service diff after every 2 hrs. Just sucks you HAVE to buy extra "stuff" to make it usable and its been months.
The outdoor track I run and the 90-100 temps have been destroying others SCTE's 550 and batteries but I run a 2650 on 3s and never worry about temps or runtime but obviously I race at series that are not ROAR sanctioned The ROAR series here in Virginia is tiny compared to our local series that dont require the dumb rules of ROAR.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

CHRIST!!! Kinda makes you miss the good old days before the internet and you only had to hear all the whining at the track.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Yes Kirby you are 1 in a 1,000.
1. You hade to buy or make something to make the truck even usable
2. Read all 700+ pages and find 1 without a problem. U cant.
You may be one of the lucky few. I bought 2 sets chrispins for both my trucks and service diff after every 2 hrs. Just sucks you HAVE to buy extra "stuff" to make it usable and its been months.
The outdoor track I run and the 90-100 temps have been destroying others SCTE's 550 and batteries but I run a 2650 on 3s and never worry about temps or runtime but obviously I race at series that are not ROAR sanctioned The ROAR series here in Virginia is tiny compared to our local series that dont require the dumb rules of ROAR.

Dude...your off your rocker. Tell me what is needed to make the truck "win" races....the pins? Good lord, $20 and done. The truck out of the box is winning races. The rest of it is personal hop-up crap that isn't even needed.

Buy yourself a sc104x4....go read that thread and come back and comment on it's problems. You want a truck that is cheap, durable, easy to get parts...go buy a slash. Wait how long have they been out?

Quit bitchin.....you guys need to change hobbies if it's too much. You'll go spend $30 for shock oil, which truly is not needed to race.....yet complain about $20 chrispins. Cracks me up
Old 06-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Suspended

Hey I love the way the LOSI drives that is not the issue. A rep saying if you dont like it then drive something else is pitiful. If I didnt pre-order 2 of these and was told the diff pins will need to be replaced quickly or all gears will get eatin up and you need carbon towers because the ones that come with it are aluminum foil! I might have waited- I still would have bought after driving it though- I have no problems doing maint- I rebuild 100% of 2 808e buggies and both SCTE Losi's 1 x a month if not more. I would recommend the truck to everyone but with a warning of all the issues it has first.
As far as faster with a Losi than X-Ray sounds like depends on whos driving it- its not very popular here in the states but overseas it dominates everything. My lap times were 1.5 seconds faster the first qualifier with the X-ray than the 8e2.0 but my lap times were also 1-2 seconds faster in the this LOSI than the Slash or Jammins. Its a good truck the quality just is pitiful.
I still plan on winning our RC PRO series with it.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

again...."all the issues", "pitiful quality".....wtf are you talking about? Your using 1 issue and making it out to be front to back crap....which it is not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.