Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Suspended

Default Kissing LOSI's A#$

IF X-RAY built a SC truck none of this would be being discussed but since its made by Losi you can count on stripped screws, cheap plastic, cheap shock towers and obviously the pitiful diffs- My Losi sure drives fine but its a POS from the factory PERIOD.
1. The Diffs all need to be replaced by LOSI not just the pins.
2. The Shock towers bend if you breath on them.
3. Screws and Plastic are a JOKE if you dont think so go build an X-ray product.
-The only reason this forum is so big is because of the ridiculous amount of failures resulting from a poor product. PERIOD.
I know if LOSI doesnt fix this crap and soon (Its taking way too long and nothing but excusses) this will be the last product I buy from them.
I feel sorry for the poor LOSI reps on here- if you're company (not you) had done a better job you wouldnt be wasting huge amounts of company time on complaints that you cannot fix.
Bottom line is the truck has major issues and none of it has been corrected by losi other than sending out some more crappy pins- re-design the diffs and give them to owners no charge as you should and write off your losses and learn from these mistakes. You didnt from the XXX-STRIKE OUT.

If you have a problem please post it and dont worry about idiots telling you to quit bad mouthing the product.
Its a free country and I fought for my right to say whatever the hell I please. and these moderators and magazine companies all cater to the manufacturer- Have you really ever seen a bad review in a magazine- and if you say something negative on here they may delete youre post. That should tell you a little something.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STONE RACING View Post
IF X-RAY built a SC truck none of this would be being discussed but since its made by Losi you can count on stripped screws, cheap plastic, cheap shock towers and obviously the pitiful diffs- My Losi sure drives fine but its a POS from the factory PERIOD.
1. The Diffs all need to be replaced by LOSI not just the pins.
2. The Shock towers bend if you breath on them.
3. Screws and Plastic are a JOKE if you dont think so go build an X-ray product.
-The only reason this forum is so big is because of the ridiculous amount of failures resulting from a poor product. PERIOD.
I know if LOSI doesnt fix this crap and soon (Its taking way too long and nothing but excusses) this will be the last product I buy from them.
I feel sorry for the poor LOSI reps on here- if you're company (not you) had done a better job you wouldnt be wasting huge amounts of company time on complaints that you cannot fix.
Bottom line is the truck has major issues and none of it has been corrected by losi other than sending out some more crappy pins- re-design the diffs and give them to owners no charge as you should and write off your losses and learn from these mistakes. You didnt from the XXX-STRIKE OUT.

If you have a problem please post it and dont worry about idiots telling you to quit bad mouthing the product.
Its a free country and I fought for my right to say whatever the hell I please. and these moderators and magazine companies all cater to the manufacturer- Have you really ever seen a bad review in a magazine- and if you say something negative on here they may delete youre post. That should tell you a little something.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

IF X-RAY built a SC truck none of this would be being discussed...........
You will be able to discuss that soon....

Last edited by RACETEK; 06-02-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Suspended

All trucks have issues - ive owned the fragile Jammin and do like this truck better its just needs to be fixed.
I switched to X-ray buggies and its a huge change for the better in quality everywhere you look- the plastics are by far the best- their steel has its own freekn name! although Ive bent a axle shaft once after nailing our scoring booth.
Seriously this forum would not be the biggest on RCTECH if it wasnt for it having the MOST issues.
Im not giving up yet but if X-Ray does make an 4x4 sc truck it will be better the day it hits the shelf not needing months to correct poor quality. I will buy it for sure but for now I pray every race this truck doesnt fall apart.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RACETEK View Post
You will be able to discuss that soon....
I see you make chassis- I havent heard about anything thru my sponsored friends but if you make a chassis i can bolt by 808b stuff on to then SOLD!! PM me if you ever go that route
Old 06-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

I rarely make any chassis... Let's rephrase. There is alot that your sponsored buddies probably don't know about.. lol
I won't post anymore here. Leave this to the Losi guys.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Default Solution for glitching

Anyone using CASTLE ESC's- if you are having any issues like twitching or lag or whatever you NEED to add the external BEC. The internal BEC's are not very strong and even the max pro with adjustable output ussually do not put out the amount you change it to on castle link- do youself a favor and just add it and you wont have any more issues. Ive got at least 11 Monsters and Max Pro's and some may run for awhile without glitching but most need the BEC- especially with Hitec and Spektrum products. The advantage too is that you can adjust the output for HV servos to get the most speed and power.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Anyone using CASTLE ESC's- if you are having any issues like twitching or lag or whatever you NEED to add the external BEC. The internal BEC's are not very strong and even the max pro with adjustable output ussually do not put out the amount you change it to on castle link- do youself a favor and just add it and you wont have any more issues. Ive got at least 11 Monsters and Max Pro's and some may run for awhile without glitching but most need the BEC- especially with Hitec and Spektrum products. The advantage too is that you can adjust the output for HV servos to get the most speed and power.
Most just run a bypass from lipo into Rx.. if you are running 2s lipo there is no point in wasting the money imo, unless you have some really really old gear :P If you pick a servo that is known to work well w/ the mm,mmp then you don't have to worry about it as well and keep in mind this is really only a problem at 2s, typically higher voltages result in much less to no issues.

PS hitec 985mg is a awesome servo and works w/ any of the castles w/o issues, strong enough to handle right up to a 1/8 buggy.. I'd get a 250+oz for a truggy though :P I run all spektrum and never issues at any voltage.. this is mostly a servo issue not a rx issue... though I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

10th scale 4x4 shortcourse trucks are heavy compared to their 2wd counterparts. If ROAR would lift the lipo rule and manufactures would put their 8th scale drivetrains on these 10 scale chassis there would be NOTHING negative to discuss. I will say that Losi has come the closest to doing this so far. If you compare a Losi SC to a Hyper, Jammin, Durango etc. and then compare all of them to 8th scale buggies, you would swear the Losi SCTE is more along the lines of a 9th scale.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

lol, I owned a jammin also and since racing it for two years I gave up on it and the ideal of driving 8 scale altogether. hope this don't turn out the same way as the jammin. I have invested too much into this truck to back out now, honestly I did that when I bought this truck, (don't tell me I'm in the wrong hobby). hope to see this all work out for the best, don't let this truck be at the center of all pos truck jokes like the strike. that truck is still avoided at the track like the plauge, if someone shows up with one, alot of behind the back looks roll around.lol If this truck ends up like that I'm gonna be that guy with random looks behind my back cause I'm stuck with it till tax season rolls around again, lol.

other than that this truck does get it on the track, and I have done good with mine so far. may it's just becasue it's made in china?

I used to work on chinese scooters and 4 wheelers. lol, really soft metal and you wouldn't belive the kind of work that was involed to make them look right out of the crate. the metal on them was soft as hell too. lot of breakage too.
maybe they don't know anything about harden metal over there lol.

at work they starting to ship our work to china, lol
most of the processes that have been sent there, are now having problems and now we got to fill the orders because they can't do it right, lol
sorry china men, but it's the truth.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If you don't like the truck drive something else. There are plenty of other trucks on the market. Go get a belt drive 4X4 cause that platform is not having any issues. Go get a OFNA since it is bullet proof. Or get a super solid no issue Durango.

Losi is not hiding behind the problem. The are adressing it and working through the issue. Is it in a time frame you all want it in (aka right now!)... no. It is being worked though.

Truck drives like a dream. It has won many large races and does a great job. Point me to an RTR truck that does not benefit from a few upgrades for racing. Diff pins are an issue. Got it, fixing it. The mold for the gears broke they are working on replacing it. Takes time to make a mold like that. There is nothing fundimentally wrong with the current diff. Once gears go back into production with the new pins all will be well. Many have lots of runs on there diffs and they are holding up. This is a manufacturing issue right now that is being adressed. The SCTE is far from the Strike. Losi works very hard at coming out with great platforms but like with all things in life sometimes things don't always work out as planned. They have spent tons of time and money working to resolve the issue and are still working on getting it all fixed up.

Again no one is forcing you to drive the Losi. They appreciate your business and work hard to make you happy but at the end of the day if you don't want to spend a little extra money to make it a full race car (like most all cars do) then maybe you are in the wrong hobby. Sure they could make a super expensive car like an Xray that gets replaced with a new car every 6 months with parts that are near impossible to get and cost an arm and a leg if you can get them. I have built and driven Xray cars so I know what goes on with that routine. It gets old pretty quick when you get to replace a front or rear clip to the "new and improved" setup every couple months at a couple hundered a pop. The SCTE has proven to be an extrememly durable car. Many have had great sucess with putting new diff pins in there cars and upgrading shock towers. These truck go really fast and hit stuff hard but keep coming back for more. The best part is I keep hearing people tell me how much they like driving the truck as it is easy to drive and goes fast. I helped a guy yesterday who was having a great time with his truck and his first issue after a couple days of playing was loose servo saver. 10 min of work and some thread lock. He could not believe he has not had to work on it more! When you do need to work on it, everything is easy to get to! At the end of the day like with any race car full or scale you have to do some work and spend some money to keep it going. This is true for ALL R/C cars. The SCTE has been one of the lowest cost of ownership cars I have seen in a long time though. Heck even the Traxxas 4X4 (which traxxas is renowned for there durability) has had more probelms then the SCTE. Not bashing any other company but if you feel the grass is greener on the other side go deal with everyone elses issues and spend the money for there work arounds when pushing there platforms to the limits in racing environments.

I am hobbiest just like you guys are. I do this stuff cause I love to race my toy cars. I understand going into it nothing is perfect and there are somethings you can tweak or upgrade on any platform to add performance or durability. It is just part of the game.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Not sure what your talking about replace a front clip on an XRay for a couple hundred a pop... Those days have been over for a while..
Super expensive... I think your confused with Kyosho...
Old 06-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's funny to me....if the pins, gears were fine and some company came out with a new set that proposed better handling, durability, speed most everyone on here would buy a set in a second, and we would throw the Losi pins/gears in the toolbox.

"If Xray built a truck......" Better be damn sure before making a claim like that. I would bet a nut that it would not be the case. Every new product has growing pains...period.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Most just run a bypass from lipo into Rx.. if you are running 2s lipo there is no point in wasting the money imo, unless you have some really really old gear :P If you pick a servo that is known to work well w/ the mm,mmp then you don't have to worry about it as well and keep in mind this is really only a problem at 2s, typically higher voltages result in much less to no issues.

PS hitec 985mg is a awesome servo and works w/ any of the castles w/o issues, strong enough to handle right up to a 1/8 buggy.. I'd get a 250+oz for a truggy though :P I run all spektrum and never issues at any voltage.. this is mostly a servo issue not a rx issue... though I'm sure there are exceptions like with anything.

Yea eveyone has different gear but I run 7955 or 7940 and even in my buggies on 4s they need the external BEC- If you hook youre stuff up and it works roll with it but if it gltches at all the bec is $20 and takes 5 minutes to solder. The glitch busters usually wont cut it.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
"If Xray built a truck......" Better be damn sure before making a claim like that.

I'm damn sure.. lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.